Sign in to follow this  
nealo

SMH Half Marathon

:lol::D:lol:;):D:blink::D;)

I will be there in my professional spectator role. Am supporting a friend, Margaret, who has not done a half marathon in an age and then after the race down to the Rocks for our usual booze up with the Bankstown Athletics folk.

Hope you all have a good race and don't forget to wear your trannie hats or give me a hoy as you go by. Hope you get your pb Thommo. Are you fit and able to do the Half, Bourne???

Pam

Me Me Me !! :lol:

I'll be there & looking forward to the pizza, beers & war stories at the pub afterwards. Smitty ? Giz ?

I am in for number 3. Although will have a CR singlet on as I don't have a trannies hat yet. :lol:

I am in again this year, training has not been going to well. But still hopefully of a good time.

will be breaking my half marathon cherry on sunday.

does anyone know if there are km markers? apparently there are no pacers either?

will be breaking my half marathon cherry on sunday.

does anyone know if there are km markers? apparently there are no pacers either?

Thre are km markers.

There are no pacers, need to go by feel, garmin, timex, etc.

Good luck, have a geat race.

I'm in too. Won't be racing, just completing.

No PBs for me this year, but beer and pizza afterwards is on.

Mel/Giz - i'll book at table for say 11.30.

Anyone else most welcome.

Running has been going well the last couple of weeks.

Really looking forward to the half on sunday, look out for me Pam, i'm # 89, hopefully can get out of the comfort zone & break 79.

Where are you guys going to at the rocks again for beer/pizza?

Have a good run everyone! Conditions are looking very favourable.

Running has been going well the last couple of weeks.

Really looking forward to the half on sunday, look out for me Pam, i'm # 89, hopefully can get out of the comfort zone & break 79.

Where are you guys going to at the rocks again for beer/pizza?

Have a good run everyone! Conditions are looking very favourable.

The Australian Hotel is the place to be post race as usual - all welcome :lol:

I'm in. 2nd SMH, first since route (slight) change.

Feeling confident of a PB.

If you are,loking for km markers, then have a look at the course outline, with the landmarks on the website. That helped me out.

Also in, not sure about a PB, have not done much running since Canberra Marathon due to ITB issues.

Unless you get near the front, the start will be crowded 10,000 of your closest friends.

Unless you get near the front, the start will be crowded 10,000 of your closest friends.

you can get pretty close to the front if you walk up the cathedral side of college st :lol:

Yep - am in - prob my 10th - 11th of these - enjoy the run & the course.

Like Ewoktsa been running over the course with monotonous regularity....any CBD workers would prob recognise some of us!

Til a few weeks ago was hoping for 93-94min but now prob 96min due to, wait for it AC - ACHILLES ! :lol: Would join you canaries but the wife & child & I are meeting friends for lunch at Bondi & making a big w'end of it.

Good luck guys!

I am running,

just going out for a run...

I haven't been doing much of anything since NZ so this will be a 'welcome back, fatty' day for me.

Anyone got any tips for a good pacing strategy...?

I want to go around the low 1"30's, wondering if a even pace is the way to go or try and get through the first 11kms in 45' and then I have 45' to get through the next 10km?

Anyone got any tips for a good pacing strategy...?

I want to go around the low 1"30's, wondering if a even pace is the way to go or try and get through the first 11kms in 45' and then I have 45' to get through the next 10km?

Even pacing is always the best.

The above sounds good to me not that I am running it or anything.

Brick you arent running thisa race as your doing TNF100. will you be finished by the time we start? come down to the city for a cool down

Im in for sure but i wont be going out hard as running has been slack for me with PF, Ill be pacing a friend at about 1:37 pace i hope. Fingers crossed i wont crash and burn with the injury.

best of luck all

Im in for sure but i wont be going out hard as running has been slack for me with PF, Ill be pacing a friend at about 1:37 pace i hope. Fingers crossed i wont crash and burn with the injury.

Hey Ratdog I just chucked your 3hr 31m Mara time into McMillan and it gave a 1hr 40min time. Just curious how 1:37 isn't going to be running hard?

I took interest because I'm trying to run around 1:39.

Hey Ratdog I just chucked your 3hr 31m Mara time into McMillan and it gave a 1hr 40min time. Just curious how 1:37 isn't going to be running hard?

Because his P.B is 1:32:35.

I will be there

I am setting up the start line timing mats

The Timing Guys ( www.TheTimingGuys.com.au ) are subbied to Timing Sports ( www.timingchips.com )

Should be ok to do the Merc ( Guiness ) and The Australian ( Croc & Bock ) ..... not sure when I can get away from finish

BC

I will be there

I am setting up the start line timing mats

The Timing Guys ( www.TheTimingGuys.com.au ) are subbied to Timing Sports ( www.timingchips.com )

Should be ok to do the Merc ( Guiness ) and The Australian ( Croc & Bock ) ..... not sure when I can get away from finish

BC

What do you think the last person will take to get over the start line?

Took me just over 5 minutes last year. I self seeded as a BOTP person.

I might need a haircut with the howling wind happening today / tomorrow.

Hi T_I_G,

last year it took the 6,000 runners = 6 minutes 20 secs to clear the start mats.

That was 4 x 2 metre wide championchip mats ( 8 metres wide ) .

This year will be 2 x 5 metre Ipico timing mats ( 10 metres wide ), but 10,000 runners.

You will receive a gun and net time , but I would be up front early at the start.

I would thinking that after the start line you travel towards the north end of Hyde Park and into Macquarie St.

BC

Nealo,

Im sure you can do a better time than your goal of 1:40, jump on the ratdog express. This way you will be able to hear and see me blow up as ive done bugger all training and slightly injured.

I hope to see you all there

I'm in. Who are you running with ratty?

TFive. but willing to change things up so i can chat along the way. See you at the start. CR hats are the go for this event as someone still hasnt organised the Tranny hats.

Corker of a morning on a relatively tough course. That second lap down through the Domain is brutal.

10,000 people is waaaaaaaaay too many for that course for mine. They need to charge more, and cap it at 7,000 I think.

How good was Cartwright and the black fella (cant find his name)? They were flying, a real pleasure to watch for about 5 seconds as they went past :lol:

Edited by bumcrackjack

Missed my target last rear by 38s. Got it this year!

times.jpg

Started off with Ratdog before separating as I wanted to pace myself. He came in seconds after me after cruelly dumping the person he was pacing all so he could get a sub 100min time. :lol::lol:

Guest Gimili

times.jpg

Started off with Ratdog before separating as I wanted to pace myself. He came in seconds after me after cruelly dumping the person he was pacing all so he could get a sub 100min time. :D:lol:

well done nealo :lol:

times.jpg

Started off with Ratdog before separating as I wanted to pace myself. He came in seconds after me after cruelly dumping the person he was pacing all so he could get a sub 100min time. :D:lol:

Gun time or over start line. Well done which ever way you follow.

Going by the photobucket. That weight reduction brought your heartrate down which then brought your time down. Nothing to do with training. :lol:

so he wasted a year :lol:

I just think it's cool that all have to do to run 1:32 next year is lose another 400g!!! Cool, hand me a beer woman.

Gotta agree that 10,000 seemed like too many this morning.

Turning into Argyle St on the first lap it was a real shitfight and it slowed to a walk for the best part of a minute which was annoying (missed my PB by a minute). No idea why all those tables and marquis’ outside the orient weren’t moved back to make a bit more room.

Otherwise a great event.

Also, i dips me lid to whoever was behind the initiative of setting up a stripper and chair at around 19.5km offering a free 10 second lap dance to all competitors. (no I did not take up the offer :lol: )

Had a great day out.

Was worried about the numbers so go there early and started right near the front... just behind Ratdog and Nealo actually. Didn't have any troubles with overcrowding had my own space from pretty early on. The self seeding worked for me...

New PB for me 1,34 (watch time)- was on pace to go under 1'30 at half way but faded away on the second lap. Bugger! :lol: but am happy with my 2nd race over the distance.

How old are you Nealo?

High average heartrate there....

I just put it down to sedantry adult life. I'm now only 3 years in ............................

I'm 30 and about 5kgs heavier than I should be, my numbers are very similar to Nealo's:

Got in in 1h40m30s, AveHR 176 MaxHR 187.

My PB Half Mara at Gold Coast was AveHR 181 MaxHR 191 so not that high?

Edited by Rog

High average heartrate there....

Now you have me curious, what kind of %max are others out there having for these type of races?

I think mine works out to 89%

*Beat the question with answer Rog :lol:

Edited by nealo