Sign in to follow this  
bulldog

drinking

just finished my first week of my NO TRAINING break - Saturday had a bucks party starting at 10.00am and we continued drinking into the night....

now waking up with the hangover on Sunday morning :D - went for 2 panadols and 3 x 500ml of NUUN - lemon lime to destroy the headache...

what do other softco*k drinkers do for hangovers??? :lol::lol:

just finished my first week of my NO TRAINING break - Saturday had a bucks party starting at 10.00am and we continued drinking into the night....

now waking up with the hangover on Sunday morning :D - went for 2 panadols and 3 x 500ml of NUUN - lemon lime to destroy the headache...

what do other softco*k drinkers do for hangovers??? :lol::lol:

keep drinking....... :D

drink lots of water before you go to bed..

if you are coherent enough, drop a couple of panadol or nurofen before you hit the sack.

take vitamin b tablets BEFORE you kick off your session

once met a guy who was an ambo and he reckoned that he would put himself on a drip when hungover and would feel tip top in 15-20 minutes. I have no idea whether this is healthy and if he was full of shit or not.

If you have a balanced life throughout the year, you can cope with a big night out.

once met a guy who was an ambo and he reckoned that he would put himself on a drip when hungover and would feel tip top in 15-20 minutes. I have no idea whether this is healthy and if he was full of shit or not.

Very good way to recover and very common. With maxolon also. Also a great way to recover from IM, so I am told.

If you have a balanced life throughout the year, you can cope with a big night out.

Turtle I don't know you, I guess you know that :lol: and I don't know Bulldog....

It is not a cool response :lol: and very transparent....

Panadol and Gatorade is the key... Eat as early as you can on the Sunday. The last two weekends my problem hasn't been the alcohol, more falling asleep at the event... :D

Edited by Steno

if you are coherent enough, drop a couple of panadol or nurofen before you hit the sack.

take vitamin b tablets BEFORE you kick off your session

This is true - a litre or two of Hartmann's or normal saline will have you feeling great after a big night out. When combined with some quality time with the oxyviva the results are great.....

Back at Uni, for me it was a trip to the local greasy spoon, for an icy-cold Gatorade, a couple of large deep-fried Dim Sims, and $1.50 worth of chips... :lol:

Cheers,

Abby

always have electrolyte drink on the way home or when I get there, and lots of it.

Very rare to drink to that excess any more. Come to think of it, I dont think ive had any alcohol to drink since early Feb, and I shouldnt have really had it then either :lol:

Past life on minesites I used to go for the oxy viva mask, (was stuffed one day when the ambulance already two people on masks and the first aid room another two - all with hangovers). Vit B & C good. I also like a really hard 10km run where you sweeat lots but not sure its good for an already stressed liver. I just don't do it anymore...

Edited by JohnS

Very good way to recover and very common. With maxolon also. Also a great way to recover from IM, so I am told.

Turtle I don't know you, I guess you know that :lol: and I don't know Bulldog....

It is not a cool response :lol: and very transparent....

Panadol and Gatorade is the key... Eat as early as you can on the Sunday. The last two weekends my problem hasn't been the alcohol, more falling asleep at the event... :D

excuse me? No you don't know me. I actually believe that is a big part of coping with a normal social life. I have plenty of friends who give up all alcohol whilst training and I also have a sister who was at Olympic level whose friends were all useless once they had one or two drinks. Me - I like to think I keep a balance and drink a couple of glasses of wine or beer regularly. Kind of like keeping in training. I survived an ironman meltdown of 11hrs drinking just fine...

If you want to get personal, perhaps pm me next time.

bacon and egg roll and a real coke.

have a mate that swears by curry pies and chocolate paddlepops....but i've never been brave enough.....

Using maxolon for a hangover is pretty excessive....you would have to have a ripper of a night to justify it.....

All these remedies you guys give are good if you wake up feeling dusty or mildly hungover, but if you are REALLY hungover nothing works. You just lie in bed all day and suffer.

Using maxolon for a hangover is pretty excessive....you would have to have a ripper of a night to justify it.....

:lol:

seems the sports drink and panadol is the way to go - also to drink a couple of glasses of wine and a few beers a night for stamina and the key to have balance in your life :lol:

Guest scooter

Couple of lines of colombia's finest off my 16 year old girlfriends ass always seems to work for me. Tom suggested it.

Are you sure that it's not the gatorade or electrolyte drink that's making you a bit sick??

Shouldn't you be off that if you're at seasons end?

I thought Gatorade was useless.

Shouldn't you be having your endura opti or something more exotic like high 5 4:1 mix?

I don't get hangovers.. :lol::lol:

could be the amount of H2O I drink during the day (between 4-5 ltrs)