littlepete

Double Ironman

Are You Crazy? I can't believe you even have to ask this question.

Yes You're F$%#$ Crazy. But don't let that stop you. Some of the most successful people in the world have been totally nuts.

:lol:

Hi guys

Didn't get on during the weekend sorry about the tardy reply.

Double Ironman is all sysytems go.

I need to clarify (be P.C.) that this is not a race it is a training session!!!Wink Wink!

It will be held on the October long weekend (unsure of exact date). We have at least 5 "definites" including one former pro and top 10 Forster athlete (more to be revealed later!). I am not sure if the others want me to reveal who they are but I will anyway:

1. ME

2. Paul Every (of course)

3. Big Chris

4. John Reidy (Deca Ironman competitor)

5. The person above

6. Some others who have expressed interest.

It will be a fund raiser (goal = $10k) for the Glenn & Jane McGrath (Shire locals) Breast Cancer Foundation. They are very excited about it.

I would like to get a tag team of elite women athletes (1 swimmer, 2 cyclist, 4 runners) to do the event at the same time for media and awareness.

Already have several companys who have agreed to sponsor the event.

If anyone wants to help with ideas and on the day stuff it would be most welcome. I want to arrange a get together for all interested people sometime soon.

The cronulla club have discussed the idea of a "training camp" in cronulla that weekend - seminars, training etc. This may also go ahead.

Has anyone on here done a double ironman or is stanley the only one to do so?

31 minutes ago, trinube said:

Tri-Mel?

Na ultraman is over 3 days. Her epic 5 was one a day for 5 days but not back to back. Very bad ass but not a double on the one day.

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Has anyone on here done a double ironman or is stanley the only one to do so?

Yes. Double Iron in Alabama in 1992.

Finished in 26 hours after having a bad patch about 50km into the run in the early hours. I ran relatively well over the last 30km to regain fourth place.

Luis Lopez did the same race the previous year.

4 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Yes. Double Iron in Alabama in 1992.

Finished in 26 hours after having a bad patch about 50km into the run in the early hours. I ran relatively well over the last 30km to regain fourth place.

Luis Lopez did the same race the previous year.

And apologise if I am wrong.... But 1992. I recall Paul also doing Kona and Back in up with the MMM triathlon.

MMM was my first Ironman distance. Paul was already folklore back then.... Legendary!!!!