trinube

Port IM 2009

Athlete Tracker updating again

That certainly helps out

Speedy Steve moving forward on the bike. Something wrong with Cogheads progress :lol:

Big call LucasK. Hume ran a 2.56 at Hawaii for fastest age group run and 2nd age grouper overall. Don't know if Clark has any pedigree at IM but there is a big difference between a fast half run and having the strength to put together a quick IM run split

Sorry, but who is Clarky?

Why is nobody talking about the quiet guy with the loud name?........... He has to be a real chance......

Whose that Jester?

Sorry, but who is Clarky?

The current Australian Amateur LC Champ and he was 1st AGer at Port Half. Works for Macbank in Sydney, trained by Mark Newton

sitting on the couch tracking about ten blokes,eatting ice cream and watching cricket, best day ever off the bike

The current Australian Amateur LC Champ and he was 1st AGer at Port Half. Works for Macbank in Sydney, trained by Mark Newton

His Number?

sitting on the couch tracking about ten blokes,eatting ice cream and watching cricket, best day ever off the bike

Chocolate Opti for me :lol:

First Oz IM in 3 years where I have got some training in for the day :lol:

DeBoom...... He is well rested and had some pedigree....

Well tend to think the winner is in that second pack. Out of Deboom,Vernay and Berkel.

I see however, news on a crash to PJ could be wrong as he is in the second pack still :lol:

DeBoom...... He is well rested and had some pedigree....

to old, i think, i like berkel or verney

Hi all, a very late start to this Ironman Day for me. Who is in the lead for men and women and how are Skel, fezza and gizmo doing?

to old, i think, i like berkel or verney

Berkel has gone the AP style compression socks for the bike :lol:

Hi all, a very late start to this Ironman Day for me. Who is in the lead for men and women and how are Skel, fezza and gizmo doing?

All out riding Ronnie Skel - 1:15, Giz - 1:04 and Fez - 1:12 swim

Well going by the tracker he is leading the AG race 17th overall

There's 3 of them up the front, Trent, Todd and Clarkey, I assume Illingworth will catch them, and it will be interesting if Clarkey tries to go with him, he's strong, but not sure he's that strong :lol:

Holborrow bridged that gap from the second to first pack quick :lol:

Picking up the pace

Our joint men's leaders Adam Holborow and Cameron Watt have reportedly stepped it up a notch, powering along at Lake Cathie on the way back into Port Macquarie. Both men look fantastic from all reports and are powering along.

Edited by CQTri

There's 3 of them up the front, Trent, Todd and Clarkey, I assume Illingworth will catch them, and it will be interesting if Clarkey tries to go with him, he's strong, but not sure he's that strong :lol:

If he tries that may lose him the race :lol:

Illingsworth average speeds are insane

Interesting that those 3 are out front, all in different AG's

Edited by CQTri

Where will Wellington finish overall today?

I originally tipped her for 8th overall but she is out of the water in 9th.

I'll stick with 8th.

Based on the tracker coming 33rd at the moment

Damn the day goes fast, can't beleive they are nearly off the bike :lol:

Not going real quick when you look closer though - 2:20 for the 90km mark

They're on their way back into town now, so we'll see how the final 20km's go before they head onto the run.
Edited by CQTri

I see however, news on a crash to PJ could be wrong as he is in the second pack still :lol:

We know PJ has a fast run in him, anyone want to write him off now?

We know PJ has a fast run in him, anyone want to write him off now?

ill write him off, when was the last time he posted one of these fast run times in oz

ill write him off, when was the last time he posted one of these fast run times in oz

Huski :lol:

Beat Crowie

2001 - came 4th, five weeks after a 5th in NZ... I don't see any results where he has run under 2.55 outside Roth... That said he IS a talent and due for a big IM result.

Interesting race. Vernay, Hecht, Berkel, DeBoom can all run a fast IM marathon and Jacobs has laid down a 2.44 at Roth.

On pure 10km speed Simon Thompson would be in a different post code to these guys and he can put together a handy HIM. Can he step up an be an instant IM success story alla Macca, Crowie and Andy Potts?

Those writing off DeBoom should recall that his last IM saw him run into 4th at Kona. Has run a 2.40 even split.

Of course, it goes without saying that I expect Shortis to pull out a 2.20 marathon and pip them all on the finish line :lol:

:lol:

i thought they were racing 42km today :lol:

:D:D:D;)

Maybe I am just wishfully thinking that today could be the day, after all the fast run he last had at Roth was in the rain. :blink:

Of course, it goes without saying that I expect Shortis to pull out a 2.20 marathon and pip them all on the finish line :lol:

All good commentary till then Andrew. :lol: Whose your money on though?

And they are off the bike :D

I am going Berkel from PJ

Edited by CQTri

:lol::lol::D:D

Maybe I am just wishfully thinking that today could be the day, after all the fast run he last had at Roth was in the rain. :D

top 5 would be a good result for him, he would have to pull of somrthing that know one saw comming to be amongest at the end, verney would be the fav with the bookies right now, berkel, deboon on the second line, right your own ticket for therest

top 5 would be a good result for him, he would have to pull of somrthing that know one saw comming to be amongest at the end, verney would be the fav with the bookies right now, berkel, deboon on the second line, right your own ticket for therest

Vernay is probably THE favorite BUT of the five or so who have a genuine chance he is the only one NOT to have a sub 2.48hr IM marathon split :lol: T'is true, you can check it out if you want...

You couldn't have scripted it better if you were the organisers could you.

All the main contenders with a chance. The truth of 42km lays ahead.

Be interesting to see what tactics get played here.

Do you try and burn off the field with a 70min first half or just bide your time?

The chase pack are in

The chase pack have entered T2, 2:40 behind Cameron Watt.

Tim Berkel was first into the time, followed closely by Simon Thompson. Matt White, Patrick Vernay, Tim DeBoom, Nathan Stewart, Jimmy Johnsen, Pete Jacobs and Josh Rix were seconds behind.

The chase pack are in

The chase pack have entered T2, 2:40 behind Cameron Watt.

Tim Berkel was first into the time, followed closely by Simon Thompson. Matt White, Patrick Vernay, Tim DeBoom, Nathan Stewart, Jimmy Johnsen, Pete Jacobs and Josh Rix were seconds behind.

And this is where we need MMW to be on the mtnbike telling us minute by minute what's doin.

I hope the TV has dumped all cameras from the chicks and moved it to this pack or runners. It's gotta be good.

No. I haven't got caught up in the twitter thing yet. Will do it when I go to the pool shortly.

Vernay is probably THE favorite BUT of the five or so who have a genuine chance he is the only one NOT to have a sub 2.48hr IM marathon split :lol: T'is true, you can check it out if you want...

probly ture, dare say he wont need one today either, the bike pace has been pretty hot in these conditions, only three in it in my book, bare in mind i had the house on the storm last night

probly ture, dare say he wont need one today either, the bike pace has been pretty hot in these conditions, only three in it in my book, bare in mind i had the house on the storm last night

Hmmn. The guys seem to have split about 2.42 - about on par for the last 2 years, both of which had horrific conditions on the bike - 07 had wind and 08 was probably similiar to today. Shortis and Vernay both ran sub 2.49 in 07 and last year Vernay phoned it in for the win. This year it think it may likely come down to the guy who can lay down a 2.45 or better (particularly since they have taken most of the hills out of the run course...)

Hmmn. The guys seem to have split about 2.42 - about on par for the last 2 years, both of which had horrific conditions on the bike - 07 had wind and 08 was probably similiar to today. Shortis and Vernay both ran sub 2.49 in 07 and last year Vernay phoned it in for the win. This year it think it may likely come down to the guy who can lay down a 2.45 or better (particularly since they have taken most of the hills out of the run course...)

Of course if you run 2:45 and are in the lead pack, you are going to be close to winning. :lol:

Mathias Hecht is still in there also. Dark horse?

Edited by CQTri

The only interest in the womens race is where she will finish in the men and what time she will run.

Is the money on a sub 3hr marathon for Chrissie?

As this is written, Chrissie Wellington has entered T2 and is on her way through the change tents.

Bad omen for Shortis fans, from Rog

Chrisse just past the hill finishing last lap #pmim with shortis 2m30s behind he looks stuffed. Sec female over 10mins behind