HORSE

WTB Soft bike case

Hi all

Do any bike shop owners that lurk on trannies have soft bike cases for sale.

Or any trannies wanting to down size room in their garage?

Im after a good quality soft bike case. I live in the NT so any big race is interstate and therefore my steed needs to be protected. IMWA 09 is on the cards and was hoping to have a case by then

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers

:lol:

Katherine, NT

the polarus pod is pretty fab... Both Andrew and I use them

disclaimer..Cyclespeed wench

do any trannie bike shop owners that lurk online sell Polaris bike pods?

anyone want to sell one?

anyone?

Cheers

Hi all

Do any bike shop owners that lurk on trannies have soft bike cases for sale.

Or any trannies wanting to down size room in their garage?

Im after a good quality soft bike case. I live in the NT so any big race is interstate and therefore my steed needs to be protected. IMWA 09 is on the cards and was hoping to have a case by then

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Katherine, NT

Hi bro

didn't see your post before I put mine up!

Check my for sale Planet-x bike bag. May be what you are after

Ta

GN

Hi bro

didn't see your post before I put mine up!

Check my for sale Planet-x bike bag. May be what you are after

Ta

GN

Hi ,see this site: http://www.yorkeyin.diytrade.com/sdp/88751...html#normal_img.

This EVA soft bike travel box is same with Polaris',but no their logo on.Cheaper on price only $85/pc.Very good.I think this is you want.

Bike Box Manufacture

I'd love to have one too, but I dont know another 99 people to go in with me to make it viable

What would it cost for a single unit?

Cheers

I'd love to have one too, but I dont know another 99 people to go in with me to make it viable

Transitions group buy?

afie

Horse?

Bike Box Manufacture

What would it cost for a single unit?

Cheers

Hi Horse,

I am very sorry that we don't plan to retail so far,the cost is very high.

Thanks

With alfie, Parawolf and me wanting one, all we need is 97 more trannies to get one and we have a bargin :lol:

Anyone else out there need a soft bike case?

Cheers

With alfie, Parawolf and me wanting one, all we need is 97 more trannies to get one and we have a bargin :lol:

Anyone else out there need a soft bike case?

Cheers

Hi All,

Glad to inform you that there was a New Zealand Cutomer ordered 1X40HQ'Container(215pcs),if any one needs you can buy from this shop,they are website is http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/

Thanks

Hi All,

Glad to inform you that there was a New Zealand Cutomer ordered 1X40HQ'Container(215pcs),if any one needs you can buy from this shop,they are website is http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/

Thanks

:lol::lol::D

Guest Gimili

go visit qantas and get a cardboard one - about $16 - $20 or so. saves a heap on weight and is heaps strong

I'd buy one we only need 97 more takers :lol:

I don't even need one but for a bit over $100 it'd be hard to pass on. Maybe Peepee could get the other 40 odd... :lol:

If we only need to get 50 punters, I'd get one

Anyone want to organise it from say Sydney or Melbourne???

Cheers

If we only need to get 50 punters, I'd get one

Anyone want to organise it from say Sydney or Melbourne???

Cheers

Hi.

Now I took all guys that who want to order our bike box,they are:

HORSE 1pcs

parawolf 3pcs

Afie 1pcs

scooter 2pcs

Hymie 1pcs

Private 1pcs(This guy sent me email said that want to order 1pcs,email:aborley@bigpond.com.

Now total is 9pcs,we need a manager for this group buy there,any one want ? If any one also want to order or add qty please contact the manager there.

Thanks

Now total is 9pcs,we need a manager for this group buy there,any one want ? If any one also want to order or add qty please contact the manager there.

At $85 US I'd take one.

I'd be in for one piece. Contemplating events I'd have to catch a plane for :lol:

A couple of years ago when I was in Perth for a conference I took my old steel classic Zullo. Used it commute around the place. Found a cafe with a great view atop Kings Park which was sort of enroute. Used a cardboard bike box and packed the bike at the airport. Had an issue at security as apparently Allens keys are considered a potential weapon and not allowed as part of cabin luggage!

On the way back there were all these fit, skinny guys with bikes in proper bike bags/cases (which I'd never seen before). Turns out it was the weekend of IMWA. Hadnt really started contemplating the idea of triathlons at that point. Maybe I got a bug in the plane :lol:

At $85 US I'd take one.

The guy of Mr. david henderson (dch1956/a/gmail.com) sent me a inquiry said also want to get one.

now total about 12pcs.

Who want to be the organiger of this group buying,we need a guy organige.

Thanks.

Hi.

HORSE 1pcs

parawolf 3pcs

Afie 1pcs

scooter 2pcs

Hymie 1pcs

Private 1pcs(This guy sent me email said that want to order 1pcs,email:aborley@bigpond.com.

Thanks

ironpo would be up for 2 @ $85 or so

lets hope we can get some more

ta

IP

Guest scooter

BBM,

How would shipping costs go ? Theres potential that we would need smaller quantities shipped to each city on the Eastern seaboard Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne. Is that an option ? Potentially also Perth if there is interest there.

Thanks

BBM,

How would shipping costs go ? Theres potential that we would need smaller quantities shipped to each city on the Eastern seaboard Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne. Is that an option ? Potentially also Perth if there is interest there.

Thanks

Hi Scooter,

Our price of US$85 /pcs not including shipping cost.

I suggest I ship the 50pcs boxes by sea,the cost is very cheap,when boxes arrived your port,then start to ship to each city.

if you or anyone want ship by international express or air parcel,the shipping cost is high.

but all decision by yourself.

Thanks

This is a great offer.

I am willing to buy 2

I'm currently living in Tokyo but I'll be flying to Australia on the 6th July, so I could do a pick up then.

This should be posted on the main page, as it wa sonly by chance I discovered this post and I'm sure you would get others involved

Cheers

Fluro

This is a great offer.

I am willing to buy 2

I'm currently living in Tokyo but I'll be flying to Australia on the 6th July, so I could do a pick up then.

This should be posted on the main page, as it wa sonly by chance I discovered this post and I'm sure you would get others involved

Cheers

Fluro

Hi Fluro,

Thanks,now the qty is 16pcs.

Attention:We need a organiger for the group buying,who want get it?

We need to somehow get this post onto the main forum page. I'm sure it will boost some interest.

fluro

add me to the list pending the shipping cost doesnt become a little too OTT.

I've done a fair bit of sea imports, just putting this out there as general information about potential costs. The below costs include pickup from the manufacturer, consolidation into a container (assuming total is around 15 square metres), AQIS fees and charges and delivery to one address in australia (sydney calculated). Factor into this for people outside of sydney costs to ship interstate, which i would guess could be anywhere between $30-80 depending on the company used.

Also consider this. The guy who imports it (name on the doc's) will legally be the importer of this product, so technically any Warranty claims and Public Liability claims lay at your feet... not the Manufacturer in Asia.

Origin Charges Taichung

57 Pick-up USD 235.00 per Shipment

58 Export Formalities, USD 210.00 per Shipment

60 Sea Freight

61 15 M3 at USD 56/M3 = USD 840

64 Destination Charges

65 De-Consolidation, 15 M3 at AUD 85.00 $1275 per 20' container

66 Shipping Line Docs AUD $60.00 per shipment

67 Sea Cargo Automation AUD $20.00 per shipment

68 Customs CMR AUD $22.50 per shipment

69 Security Surcharge AUD $10.00 per container

70 Handling Fee AUD $50.00 per shipment

72 Customs / AQIS Formalities

73 Customs Clearance AUD $120.00 per shipment

74 Delivery to City Limits, AUD $65.00 per shipment

75 Fuel 17,4 % AUD $11.31 per shipment

sea freight - $1835

landing charges and delivery to hub $1633

$3468 for 50 units $69/unit

Edited by fiat

Guest scooter

BBM,

Can you provide size and weight of each bike box and I'll work out what local shipping will be. Don't forget folks we are going to have to add 10% straight up plus any other applicable duties charges.

Cheers

BBM,

Can you provide size and weight of each bike box and I'll work out what local shipping will be. Don't forget folks we are going to have to add 10% straight up plus any other applicable duties charges.

Cheers

from website

A rigid EVA molded cycle suit case

EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) has high impact strength and good tear/abrasion resistance making it an ideal construction method for the Bike Pod

The Bike Pod is moulded to fit most road, touring and mountain bikes in a secure “locked" in position to reduce damage whilst in transit

The “Clam Shell" design also enables it to be fully opened for ease of stowing the bike

The bike wheels lock in position using quick release skewers

Closed with industrial strength zips and backed up by quick release buckles

Strong, integrated wheels for ease of carrying

Conforms to all major airline baggage handling restrictions

Dimensions: Length 1200mm, Height (tallest)907mm, Depth 280mm

Weight: Approx 8.0 kgs

Colour: as you want.

Brand:no brand,can make as you want.

I've done a fair bit of sea imports, just putting this out there as general information about potential costs. The below costs include pickup from the manufacturer, consolidation into a container (assuming total is around 15 square metres), AQIS fees and charges and delivery to one address in australia (sydney calculated). Factor into this for people outside of sydney costs to ship interstate, which i would guess could be anywhere between $30-80 depending on the company used.

Also consider this. The guy who imports it (name on the doc's) will legally be the importer of this product, so technically any Warranty claims and Public Liability claims lay at your feet... not the Manufacturer in Asia.

Origin Charges Taichung

57 Pick-up USD 235.00 per Shipment

58 Export Formalities, USD 210.00 per Shipment

60 Sea Freight

61 15 M3 at USD 56/M3 = USD 840

64 Destination Charges

65 De-Consolidation, 15 M3 at AUD 85.00 $1275 per 20' container

66 Shipping Line Docs AUD $60.00 per shipment

67 Sea Cargo Automation AUD $20.00 per shipment

68 Customs CMR AUD $22.50 per shipment

69 Security Surcharge AUD $10.00 per container

70 Handling Fee AUD $50.00 per shipment

72 Customs / AQIS Formalities

73 Customs Clearance AUD $120.00 per shipment

74 Delivery to City Limits, AUD $65.00 per shipment

75 Fuel 17,4 % AUD $11.31 per shipment

sea freight - $1835

landing charges and delivery to hub $1633

$3468 for 50 units $69/unit

Hi

I have 2 ideas that ship the boxes to you.but anyway there you must look for a import company in Australia that import the 50pcs boxes from our company.

1,We do by FOB,we take the 50pcs boxes to our port,then your company take the 50pcs boxes LCL then ship to your country.

2,We do by CFR,we ship the 50pcs boxes to your port,then your company take the 50pcs boxes from your port after clear custom.I just checked the shpping cost with our shipping agent that from our Shenzhen port to your port(MELBOURNE/SYDNEY/BRISBANE),sea frieght is US$3/CBM,so 15CBM is US$45/50pcs ,and plus document fees US$30 and custom fees US$52,so total fees is about US$127.But you also need check there fees with your import company,like duty,clear custom fees ,landing fees and other fees.

Hi

I have 2 ideas that ship the boxes to you.but anyway there you must look for a import company in Australia that import the 50pcs boxes from our company.

1,We do by FOB,we take the 50pcs boxes to our port,then your company take the 50pcs boxes LCL then ship to your country.

2,We do by CFR,we ship the 50pcs boxes to your port,then your company take the 50pcs boxes from your port after clear custom.I just checked the shpping cost with our shipping agent that from our Shenzhen port to your port(MELBOURNE/SYDNEY/BRISBANE),sea frieght is US$3/CBM,so 15CBM is US$45/50pcs ,and plus document fees US$30 and custom fees US$52,so total fees is about US$127.But you also need check there fees with your import company,like duty,clear custom fees ,landing fees and other fees.

Find out who the freight companies agent is in Sydney - anyone who thinks usd$3.00 per cbm is all you are paying for seafreight is not really true - you will be bent over on the locals here that can go from $75.00 to $100.00 a cbm. If you get those details i will cost the job for you or Erko can cost it as he is in Sydney. Also make sure the consignement has marine insurance - BBM - where are you based?

If this is still a goer...I will be keen to purchase 1.

Sounds like there might be problems organising the shipping though.

I'm in for two also. Been a transitions reader for a while.. but just had to join last night - finally - to get onto this thread. thanks ...

I would be in for two....

They are very good.. I have used them before.

I have an idea on how we can sort this... Will get on it and report back.