alex VEROFIT

FREE Isotonic drink samples

You still haven't tried our VEROFIT Isotonic Electrolyte Drink?

Register now at http://www.verofit.com.au/register.php, mention Transitions as the Company name and we'll send you a sample sachet of our LemonLime Isotonic Electrolyte Drink free of charge.

This is a 1st trial for us, so in order not to disappoint anybody, we will keep this promo open only for today. Depending on the result and our stock we will do it again later on.

Thanks for your interest

(if you are already a VEROFIT.com.au customer, we can include the free sample in your next order)

Why Sweetener (Aspartame)? Why Colouring?

Any chance of an isotonic drink without carbs?

Hi Afie,

Aspartame is used in a very small quantity and it is a great way to get a good taste without largely increasing the amounts of fructose and maltodextrine. We do this in order to get a real isotonic mix.

Coloring, it was a company decision based on market research back in Europe.

We will probably launch an Isotonic Drink with no aspartame around this May.

There is no plans for an isotonic drink with no carbs at the moment and we take note of both suggestions ( no coloring and no carbs).

not sure that emailing a username and password back in plain text is a good idea :lol::lol:

not sure that emailing a username and password back in plain text is a good idea :lol::lol:

why is that???? didnt see any issue with it. beats receiving emails which dont format correctly due to overdetail

Email's not terribly secure and if it were intercepted it would be giving away full access to your account. In this particular circumstance probably not all that important but it's not something I would recommend. I used one of my junk passwords so I'm not that worried but a lot of people use the same password for everything - email, banking whatever and then it would be a real issue.

Ahh Shan, just reread your post and you were talking text vs HTML. Not what I'm referring to - mine was a security concern - sending passwords in plain text.

Edited by trinube

I had a look at the system and the only options are to receive the current notification or no notification at all.

As I mentioned before, we never had any issues with this before. A couple of weeks ago we did a survey among all our customers and this subject wasn´t mentioned once.

On the other hand, there is always room for improvement so if many people now believe that it is a limitation to our service, we would look into cancelling the notifications.

Last but not least, I suppose most people do what trinube does, have an easy-to-remember pw for all not critical access websites and a top secret one for the banks, etc.

I hope this little issue doesnt stop anybody interested from registering, we still got plenty of sachets to give away.

alex - thank you for the free samples

trinube - good feedback, but the IT security issues would probably be better to be privately voiced

once again, thanks for the free samples and good luck with getting a good product out

trinube - good feedback, but the IT security issues would probably be better to be privately voiced

Nah, on the contrary mate, just letting people know not to use their 'A' password. Didn't surprise me to get a confirmation but to get it with full login details in plain text is unusual.

And Alex, not having a shot, just saying it's not very secure.

Have tried the drink I like it,BUT,How come it says not to consume more than a litre of the stuff per day?Not a lot of use if racing anything over sprint distance if you follow directions.And if you do drink over a litre what happens?

Draftbuster, thanks for good feedback and even more, for your vey valid question.

When we started planning the launch of VEROFIT in Australia, we had a real close look at Food Standards Australia and New Zealand.

for example, the only way we can properly say we are an istonic drink is if we state the osmorality in the label. In order to avoid being boring, I wont reproduce the whole texts,etc here, there is more info our our website.

Another requirement for them is to state you are not supposed to be having more than 1 liter of Isotonic drink per day. We agree with you that most people will drink more and of course, most of our customers do. however, we wanted to respect all FoodStandards guidelines.

I suppose it is a matter of common sense. Guidelines are done for the majority, anybody with experience in Endurance or high performance sports will know what they need.

I can only talk about our Isotonic Drink because it is the only one I know. I believe there is only two more brands in the market that use the words Isotonic in their label. However, since they dont comply with food standards Australia, I cant really tell if they are isotonic.

this is a copy-and-paste from Food Standards Australia

Claims in relation to the tonicity of electrolyte drinks

(1) A claim that an electrolyte drink is isotonic may only be made if the electrolyte

drink has an average osmolality of 250 - 340 milliOsmol/L.

(2) Where a claim is made that an electrolyte drink is isotonic, hypertonic or hypotonic,

the osmolality of the electrolyte drink as measured in milliOsmol/L must be declared on the

label of the package.

Other companies clasify their drinks as sport drinks, electrolyte drinks, rehydration drinks, etc.

So what does this mean? And what is osmolarity? It is the concentration of particles in the blood. In this case, we are looking for a similar concentration of particles in the drink to what is found in the bloodstream( the human body has an average osmorality of 250 mOsm/L and 340 mOsm/L), so that its absorption will be faster and will require less extra energy from the body for its assimilation.

So isotonic means that the drink has the same density of particles as in the body. A hypotenic drink would mean it is less dense. Most people prefer their taste. On the other hand, you are not giving the body all the carbs and minerals you could be.

It is the 1st time I see the term isosmotic. Looking at a couple references one could understand it is a the same as isotonic. However, Food Standards dont even mention the term and I am not a chemistry expert, so I am not 100% sure.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

Due to the amount of queries we got, we have decided to keep sending samples. So anybody else that still has not tried the VEROFIT Isotonic Electrolyte Drink and would like a free sample sent to their place ( sorry, only Australia), please register at http://www.verofit.com.au/register.php and mention transitions in the Company name field.

Cheers

Alex

It's good shiznit. try the Ice Tea flavour, very refreshing on a hot day in the saddle....also on long rides in summer.......

Yoyo, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I only got Lemon Lime sachets to send for free.

If anybody wants to try a canister of Ice Tea Isotonic, it is only $25 with transport costs included.

Registered on Wednesday, got my free sample today.

Havent tried it yet. Waiting until I actually do some exercise!

I recieved my sample and used it after a long ride on the weekend , taste great would use again. cheers

You still haven't tried our VEROFIT Isotonic Electrolyte Drink?

Register now at http://www.verofit.com.au/register.php, mention Transitions as the Company name and we'll send you a sample sachet of our LemonLime Isotonic Electrolyte Drink free of charge.

This is a 1st trial for us, so in order not to disappoint anybody, we will keep this promo open only for today. Depending on the result and our stock we will do it again later on.

Thanks for your interest

(if you are already a VEROFIT.com.au customer, we can include the free sample in your next order)

Hi Alex,

After recieving my freeby lemon/lime sachet I used it on my long bike ride sunday and it tasted great, I decided to purchase it and went for 3 tins for $55...absolute bargain, had it at my door step within 2 days and also came with a 750ml Bidon,

Many thanks Alex

cheers plugga

Edited by plugga

good service, good product, good communication and posts his shit in the right forum............. support those that do a good job i say...

I never got mine :lol:

Hi Balri,

sorry about that, I have been on the road the last week following several events. I will check your details today and sent is ASAP. You should have it by mid week.

thanks for your patience

alex

Ordered some last week, turned up in a few days thanks!

I have not used it previously as it has always been too expensive (ditto Endura). Keep it at 3 cans for $55 and get rid of the aspartame and I would become a regular customer. :lol:

thanks for the positive feedback.

We use aspartame to be able to offer the Istonic mix with a good taste. Having said that, in a couple months we will probably have a new flavour with no aspartame.

Also, our recovery products, gels and bars got no aspartame and they are very complete formulas. Have a look.