Chuckie M

Could it please stop raining in North Quensland please?

:D I just drove home from night shift in it OK, I drove easy, undecided if I should drive to the pool this arvo or run again like last night before work :lol::lol::D:D

Rain is not good for pool business. It is good for me to get study done though. Personally could do with a couple of days of sunshine, then it can rain again.

Stay safe guys.

BTW on Today show this morning they said be careful of speedhumps on the road. A person was driving their 4 wheel drive and they ran over a crocodile. Both croc and driver were okay.

Edited by thomo_is_great

Could you send some here please. Less than 20mm in Brisbane since Xmas and the grass is going crunch beneath my feet.

4 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

It's coming down heavy now, was going to ride today..😕

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Could you send some here please. Less than 20mm in Brisbane since Xmas and the grass is going crunch beneath my feet.

You’d think with the rain up north, they could just pipe it down. 

If queenslanders weren’t so lazy and self absorbed, it would probably get done. 

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

If queenslanders weren’t so lazy and self absorbed, it would probably get done. 

So you can now be lumped in with Pauline, Katter & Palmer as a supporter of the Bradfield scheme. Some great minds to be compared to there. ;)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

41 minutes ago, Peter said:

It all goes to Cubby Station....

If all the governments were serious about water supply for all of Australia then they would get together and build the bloody supply pipeline from the Ord  river catchment, no more drought would be had.  Sure it would cost billions but it’s worth it!  So much water wasteage up here that could be going to good use.  Same with clean fuel, we could pipe LNG to the east coast from the pilbara!  But Nooooooo.  To many roadblocks

Edited by KieranR
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KieranR said:

If all the governments were serious about water supply for all of Australia then they would get together and build the bloody supply pipeline from the Ord  river catchment, no more drought would be had.  Sure it would cost billions but it’s worth it!  So much water wasteage up here that could be going to good use.  Same with clean fuel, we could pipe LNG to the east coast from the pilbara!  But Nooooooo.  To many roadblocks

Apparently that's an absurd suggestion which isn't even worth discussing...

48 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Apparently that's an absurd suggestion which isn't even worth discussing...

We are just about to commission woodsides domestic fuel supply load out facility we have just finished building, they will have tripples coming in all day everyday loading LNG into their trucks to send out to mining companies up here who are switching over to LNG power, much cleaner fuel than anything else, the sooner the general public get onboard the better.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KieranR said:

Same with clean fuel, we could pipe LNG to the east coast from the pilbara!

No need. We export more than we can ever use from Curtis Island here in Qld. Mind you, prices are still going up here because we export it all and don't keep enough for ourselves.

24 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No need. We export more than we can ever use from Curtis Island here in Qld. Mind you, prices are still going up here because we export it all and don't keep enough for ourselves.

GLNG doesn’t have enough gas, last I heard Santos are struggling to unlock more CSG out west.  Although I have seen the proposed wells for all qld and it’s epic, just have to get the farmers on board.....good luck 

10 minutes ago, KieranR said:

GLNG doesn’t have enough gas, last I heard Santos are struggling to unlock more CSG out west.  Although I have seen the proposed wells for all qld and it’s epic, just have to get the farmers on board.....good luck 

I think a lot of the farmers are on board, but many are being scared out of it by the protesting and the issues around fracking. There's some scary shit happening out there, like bubbles coming up in the river that you can light with a match.

Mind you, the rivers don't have any water, so you won't see the bubbles.

I saw the weather report tonight Chuckie - an absolute deluge up there. The good news is at least it is going to travel west now and help the drought areas.

Just make sue it is a little drier by the end of May. I'll be up in Cairns for 8 days.😎

FM 

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think a lot of the farmers are on board, but many are being scared out of it by the protesting and the issues around fracking. There's some scary shit happening out there, like bubbles coming up in the river that you can light with a match.

Mind you, the rivers don't have any water, so you won't see the bubbles.

Yeah I worked on the GLNG upstream compressor stations out near injune, all the farmers we dealt with were good, there were a couple of properties we were not allowed on

Has anybody heard from skel?, it's hammering down  here. I am going for a hour plus flood hop run before nightshift. I am going to get wet anyway.😉

There is some crazy rain in Townsville. I see the strand is in flood currently.  Crazy amounts of water everywhere....

it's a tad heavy now, pools closed to next week. I have still been running in it. I think Pizzahut won't open today. 😕

Thanks Chuckie - yes still alive - and yes will it STOP friggen raining.  Every time I need to run, it rains.  Not little rain, big rain.  20km scheduled for tomorrow morning....makes legs so heavy when running and recovery just a little longer.

The first photo is the river that run behinds us - has been up and down like a yoyo for the past 8 days.  This is the third time it has been up since mid December.  I have been here 13 years and never seen it stay up so long.  It is just so drenched and no where to go.  Just waiting for the crocs to arrive to eat the idiots who think it is a good idea to play in here.  You should be able to see the bike path here too.  Will get a photo when it drops a bit.

The second photo - the new bike path (just around the corner from the first photo) - lol. 

The third - from the weekend (in between these two photos) - yes idiots like to drive through this too....

50546896_10156215368871194_4338153883651014656_n.jpg

50998026_10156224727276194_1566892593151737856_n.jpg

51477284_321387375160527_3326146012598239232_n.jpg

Edited by skel

What do you call a school of platapus ?  platspusses, platapies.

my parents just received a text saying there place is at risk of inundation due to the dam gates opening even further, Im a bit surprised they got it, i would think they are quite safe from that despite being close to the river, they are relatively high up from the river

6 minutes ago, KieranR said:

my parents just received a text saying there place is at risk of inundation due to the dam gates opening even further, Im a bit surprised they got it, i would think they are quite safe from that despite being close to the river, they are relatively high up from the river

What are they to do? 

46 minutes ago, Katz said:

What are they to do? 

Buy a boat would be a suggestion 

Anyone want to do a house swap in Melbourne now?. I want out. I am heading down at the end of the month 😭

3 hours ago, Katz said:

What are they to do? 

Sandbagging and going to a friends house, reports the dam is now at 186%  - have a look at townsville storms FB page, some amazing footage

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Buy a boat would be a suggestion 

i offered my dad my barra tinny a couple of years ago and he said nah......bet hes wishing he took it now

• Haha 1

I saw a BoM powerpoint presentation that was put together today for use by Emergency Services, Service Providers etc and not for general public release. It's certainly an impressive weather event. Figures of 1m of rain already experienced in the week, and another 1 - 2 metres of rain expected in the next 8 days. Incomprehensible figures for those who don't live in the tropics, and still ridiculous for those that do.

With TSV getting smashed and more spreading inland, Rocky likely cops it next week or the week after once the run off congregates at the Fitzroy.

21 hours ago, skel said:

Thanks Chuckie - yes still alive - and yes will it STOP friggen raining.  Every time I need to run, it rains.  Not little rain, big rain.  20km scheduled for tomorrow morning....makes legs so heavy when running and recovery just a little longer.

The first photo is the river that run behinds us - has been up and down like a yoyo for the past 8 days.  This is the third time it has been up since mid December.  I have been here 13 years and never seen it stay up so long.  It is just so drenched and no where to go.  Just waiting for the crocs to arrive to eat the idiots who think it is a good idea to play in here.  You should be able to see the bike path here too.  Will get a photo when it drops a bit.

The second photo - the new bike path (just around the corner from the first photo) - lol. 

The third - from the weekend (in between these two photos) - yes idiots like to drive through this too....

50546896_10156215368871194_4338153883651014656_n.jpg

50998026_10156224727276194_1566892593151737856_n.jpg

51477284_321387375160527_3326146012598239232_n.jpg

I will try and go to jail today and see the overnight carnage. Take care Skel. Catch you in Cairns 70.3 in June

I lost power after work today at 6.30pm. I still went for a run and had a beer in the dark afterwards. Still chilled in the fridge 🤣

It got me. I was flooded. A foot of water surged through. It has ruined my training for Cairns 70.3😡

• Sad 4

44 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

It got me. I was flooded. A foot of water surged through. It has ruined my training for Cairns 70.3😡

I have coffee with a mate of yours this morning.  (Josiah).  He said you posted some good photos on FB.  And that the Kickr is safe upstairs.

I hope the inmates are safe and not flooded.

• Thanks 1

Peter . You probably laughing about my misfortune. I am fcukin shattered. The whole town is..I might not have power for 3 weeks..😡

• Sad 2

Hang in there Chuckie. I have 4 staff in Townsville, and my boss is there as well. Only 1 has damage. He had over 1m of water through his house and both cars written off. He got out through chest deep water during the early morning. He's staying at one of the other guy's houses for a while. He can get back to his now, but it's a mess. He says the worst part is he can't even start anything till the assessors have been through.

On a larger scale, my boss is the senior manager in Townsville, and is responsible for the Network recovery up there. As you would imagine, there are a lot of external cabinets under, and a few of our sites, but overall it stood up pretty well. The big thing about Townsville is that it was one of the first cities to go NBN, so a great portion of it has already been migrated. The days of your phone working even when your power is gone are over. Luckily the mobile network can take up this slack now.

It will be interesting to see how much damage there is to the NBN network, and how long it takes to get it back on line. This will be its first big test.

The new social class system in Townsville those who weren't effected and have power .those who got hit and don't have power. I am in the later. I am going to have a massive excess data bill.😡

6 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

The new social class system in Townsville those who weren't effected and have power .those who got hit and don't have power. I am in the later. I am going to have a massive excess data bill.😡

Hey mate, having been through something similar I know how tough it can be. Keep your chin up, don't be afraid to ask for help or too proud to accept it when offered. 

• Like 1

Carl come to Melbourne. Weather is fantastic at the moment.  

I will be there by the end of the month. I will be based on Two bays rd in Mt Eliza. For a month. Looking forward to antics with Stephen Foster. 😀

It's moved west now. Just unfortunate there hasn't been much rain at all in the Murray-Darling catchment.

Check this for a lot of water.

• Sad 2