Chuckie M

Could it please stop raining in North Quensland please?

As long as the catchments are filling it's all good. So far only threatening to rain here but expect it to start tonight.

It's flooding in Cairns.....300ml in 4 hours last night. Is it in Townsville? or are you just complaining that you got your hair wet?

Mind you, Townsville needs rain, last time i flew over it, it still looked like the big brown arsehole of QLD that it always was.

It's flooding in Cairns.....300ml in 4 hours last night. Is it in Townsville? or are you just complaining that you got your hair wet?

Mind you, Townsville needs rain, last time i flew over it, it still looked like the big brown arsehole of QLD that it always was.

It's been non stop since about 7ish this morning. They reckon we're going to get 300ml tonight :lol:

I came back from 3 weeks away over christmas and it's greened up. Looks quite nice for 3 months of the year when it's green :lol:

:lol: so is this the start of the "Big Wet" for 2009?,I have had enough already!!! :lol::D:D

Learn to love your trainer :D

untitled.jpg

freshwater.jpg

This is where I live (in the unit complex) and my car got half flooded today - but who cares - bring on the rain. Can't wait to run in this tomorrow!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Edited by skel

The Croc never complained, HTFU.

:lol: Actually, He did during the Toohey's Blue series all the time, (what ever happened to that? could start a thread about that one),not that Brad needed a excuse as He always won, He was very quick to tell that He had been flooded in and house bound in Mirriwinni at the family farm. :blink:;):blush::blush::lol:

In terms of HTFU. I did 4.6k session in the pool and 1.20 run, I like riding on the open road. I do have a ergo bike and a trainer.My keys races are not for a while so I will wait. :lol::lol::D:D:D;)

Edited by Chuckie M

A little wet here in the burdekin as well. The WIND however is a little frightening. Long run this morning was the first time I've ever looked up to avoid powerlines........

Chuckie, you did NZ in O6 and I know Steely did as well. Remember running out towards the turnaround and being fearful of flying plastic real estate and race encouragement signs. And running cross wind and being tripped by your own feet being blown into one another.......

This mornings run brought back so many wonderful memories :lol:

By the way Chuck, I saw you at around 2pm last Tuesday riding north from Mingela turn off on the band aid H'way. 34 degrees, 80% humidity. You truely are nuts!

A little wet here in the burdekin as well. The WIND however is a little frightening. Long run this morning was the first time I've ever looked up to avoid powerlines........

Chuckie, you did NZ in O6 and I know Steely did as well. Remember running out towards the turnaround and being fearful of flying plastic real estate and race encouragement signs. And running cross wind and being tripped by your own feet being blown into one another.......

This mornings run brought back so many wonderful memories :lol:

By the way Chuck, I saw you at around 2pm last Tuesday riding north from Mingela turn off on the band aid H'way. 34 degrees, 80% humidity. You truely are nuts!

:lol::D Yes Goony,I am a bit old school and crazy that's why Alysia "The Panda" left me!,I try to train in the heat of the day when I can, so 70.3 Malaysia should not be a problem, well at least the conditions :D:D;)

Ahh the magic of turbo training

Almost Victorian type weather

Must send you girls up the Tough Love Video that we do through winter

:lol::lol::D

Ah coach Troy- I have them all........................ ;) (or maybe I shouldn't have told you that :D )

One thing I don't have is the hots for coach Troy like Fezza has.............................what a dork! :D (um- coach Troy- not Fezza!)

I seriously don't know how you train in the heat Chuckie- it really knocks me around.

I'd rather 30 knot winds and rain to the heat any day.

Got that one. Can't hear Coach Troy through the rain on the roof.

Victorian type weather? Nah it's still 33 degrees not a wussy 23.

I seriously don't know how you train in the heat Chuckie- it really knocks me around.

I'd rather 30 knot winds and rain to the heat any day.

:lol::lol: My theory is that it's the same as altitude training, putting the body under duress and stress, the human body adapts.The only time I can give Stevo F a hard time in the hills is on a 40 degree Melbourne day. :D:D

Come on. It can't be all bad. Get some swim training in!

Ah- it's great............................I'm enjoying the cooler temperature and the pools are great.

Water temp down to a comfy 26 degrees and all the fair weather swimmers are no where to be seen- nothing like having a lane to yourself :lol:.

Got to say- I am sick of the wind trainer though.

Water temp down to a comfy 26 degrees and all the fair weather swimmers are no where to be seen- nothing like having a lane to yourself :lol:.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of not swimming when its raining. Afraid of getting wet?

Ah- it's great............................I'm enjoying the cooler temperature and the pools are great.

Got to say- I am sick of the wind trainer though.

LOL th e iwndtrainer is your friend :lol::D:D:D;)

LOL th e iwndtrainer is your friend :D;):blink:;):blush:

:lol::lol::D:D

No it's NOT.....................

170km worth of wind trainer looming this weekend :blush:

:lol::lol::D:D

No it's NOT.....................

170km worth of wind trainer looming this weekend ;)

Equals Troys tough love and sessions wt2 and wt7 :D

LOL let me tell you the story about the navy person who trained for Ironman without leaving the ship

% hour windtraining sessions , multiple 50m around the ship runs and laps of a 15m pool

You should come down to Melbourne we have your weather

Equals Troys tough love and sessions wt2 and wt7 :

You should come down to Melbourne we have your weather

Did I tell you how much I hate coach Troy...................... :lol::D

.......................and we rarely get above 35 degrees here- just sits at a comfy 30-33 dgrees and 70-90 % humidity for 3 months :lol:

:D:D Gee it is raining hard now!!, looks like the end of the world out there!, I hope Noah has his Ark ready :D;)

:blink:;):blush: You should see it now!!, How am I going to drive to work tonight???? :lol::lol:

:D;):blink: You should see it now!!, How am I going to drive to work tonight???? :lol::lol:

Looks like today's predicted downpour hasn't eventuated :D Although it's looking very threatening.

I don't start work till 6 so it will probably start around then :D

Looks like today's predicted downpour hasn't eventuated :lol: Although it's looking very threatening.

I don't start work till 6 so it will probably start around then :lol:

:D:D I just got up!!, I will try and do 3 hours on the bike 2nd ride this week, I did do 4 swims and runs :D;)

Looks like today's predicted downpour hasn't eventuated :lol: Although it's looking very threatening.

:D:D i just finished 75 k on the bike and have just missed the rain, the wind was like a wall, and there was heaps of tar and stones sticking to my tyres, Now time to spend 12 hrs in "jail", training up here makes You tough "Frankston" should be a cake walk next month :D;):blink:;)

Don't worry, the rain moved further north!!! Hasn't stopped all day in Cairns. Despite that I did get in a 20km run this morning and 4km swim this afternoon. The pool is nearly overflowing!! I kept chanting the motto "doing what others won't". Might make for an interesting bike ride tomorrow.

Don't worry, the rain moved further north!!! Hasn't stopped all day in Cairns. Might make for an interesting bike ride tomorrow.

Skel- with all the recent bike accidents don't go out on the road in crap weather- it's seriously not worth it.

Today I did coach Troy X2- Tough Love followed by Have Mercy- 5 hours of spinnervals makes a 180km ride seem like a walk in the park :D:lol:

Hopefully the weather will improve next week- sorry Fezza but coach Troy just doesn't do it for me :lol:

Skel- with all the recent bike accidents don't go out on the road in crap weather- it's seriously not worth it.

Today I did coach Troy X2- Tough Love followed by Have Mercy- 5 hours of spinnervals makes a 180km ride seem like a walk in the park :D:lol:

Hopefully the weather will improve next week- sorry Fezza but coach Troy just doesn't do it for me :lol:

I have conflicting txt msgs here. First one says 160k. Next says 4hrs Coach Troy. Now I read your post '5hrs Coach Troy'. :D Me thinks overtraining has got to you!

pinkboy...although 'dont let the truth get in the way of a good training diary' :D

can i get a copy of both??? i think mine are with gav - that's many moons ago

I think I may have a back-up copy...you know the ones you have just in case the originals stuff up :lol: . Will forward!

pinkboy

I thought it was funny how there was cloud all the way up the coast during the week but the clouds parted in that 80k radius around Townsville and its still a brown shit hole as it always is.

I thought it was funny how there was cloud all the way up the coast during the week but the clouds parted in that 80k radius around Townsville and its still a brown shit hole as it always is.

:lol::lol: it might be a "Shit Hole" but I found something here more magical than the "Shire', You could win a world championship here, it is all here!! :D:D

Cyclone Ellie

Just waiting, waiting, waiting........... :lol:

It hasn't stopped blowing a gale here for the past few days- currently howling 30-40 knots- and consistent heavy rain all weekend.

They have predicted this to continue through out the next week- so whilst the southern states swelter we will be in flood :D

I gave in today, and decided to brave the elements running for 2 1/2 hours in cyclonic conditions- worst I've ever run in, but it was kinda fun- I felt like a naughty kid out running in all the puddles :lol:

I gave in today, and decided to brave the elements running for 2 1/2 hours in cyclonic conditions- worst I've ever run in, but it was kinda fun- I felt like a naughty kid out running in all the puddles :lol:

I did that yesterday - so much fun - expect when you have to run with the wet shoes and socks for 2 hours!!! LOL I am convinced that the motorist have fun splashing me as well!

I had to give in today to the weather for the first time - 4 hours on the windtrainer............

pffftt. Cat1. Bit of wind, shit loads of water.

Bit earie here this afternoon and evening :D We've had showers but it's been probably the best weather all week :lol: There was even patches of clear sky at times!! The wind was worse last night....calm before the storm perhaps :lol: