trinube

OT saving lives

I have never noticed it after the band-aid comes off (and that is the worst part of the process).

OK, we're now officially a 'Club Red' group!

To join the group go to: https://www.donateblood.com.au/club-red/join-a-group?group_id=2575

I'm assuming that when you donate your Donor ID will automatically assign it to our group (but I'm only guessing). I have made the group open to family and friends as well so if anyone has a spouse etc who donates please encourage them to join as well.

get bleeding folks...

Blood supplies are very low so might be a nice new year's resolution to donate. And don't forget to join the Tranny/Triathlete group first. I'm going this week :) Now's a good time to get in before the race season starts in earnest (obligatory tri content).

--------------

When Aiden Antonopoulos was born at 24 weeks his body wasn't ready to take its first unassisted breath. He faced a real risk of running out of blood as his bone marrow could not make enough blood cells. Weighing in at 723g, he was helpless.

Royal Women's Hospital neonatal consultant Christiane Theda said premature babies relied on donor blood in the first few days, weeks and months of life. "All babies who are extremely premature will need blood and we really depend on people getting out there and donating blood."

"We're concerned that there are not yet enough appointments being made during this time (Dec 24-Jan 7), we need 55,000 but currently only 30,000 have been filled," Blood Service spokesman Shaun Inguanzo said.

• Like 1

my dad donated blood all his life and only stopped because he was no longer allowed. my brother now does it in his place. it is a selfless and wonderful thing.

Guest Gimili

Having seen an OT thread for years, guess too hard to sandbox this. Lol

Good job peoples

Reminder to all to go do this.

Apparently they have new machines that alarm if your flow rate goes under 45 - took it as a challenge and topped out over 100 :smile1: got a good workout

• Like 1

Im booked in for this arvo.

Im assuming Aus day weekend will spike a need for blood unfortunately.

I was going to try a Plasma donation last week but pulled out because I had a bit of a sniffle. Should be good to go next week...

I was going to try a Plasma donation last week but pulled out because I had a bit of a sniffle. Should be good to go next week...

Could you change your address to somewhere in Victoria?

We need to beat NSW but we are all too busy sipping lattes and discussing the latest wine vintages to get to the blood bank.... :)

signed up last week to give blood on the 21st. my fiance works in a pathology lab and was very proud when i told her!

the stocks are quite low apparently, feels good to help out.

Do plasma donations also get added to that board?

Also - impact on training from plasma donations?

For population % looks like the act is doing well...

Went to give the other day full blood - got rejected on the basis that i had been to Thailand in January. Apparently now a 4 month wait due to it being considered a country that carries malaria - was the reason i was given.

Can give plasma some time in April, which i have booked in for.

Didn't know about the Tranny's group. Would have added a few mroe for NSW.

Went to give the other day full blood - got rejected on the basis that i had been to Thailand in January. Apparently now a 4 month wait due to it being considered a country that carries malaria - was the reason i was given.

I was in the UK in 97, ruined my blood for life...apparently. :sleepy:

Donations are always needed around Easter due to the number of donors on holidays and the closure of some collection centres. I went today for whole blood. If you're somewhat inclined to help your fellow man, try and find the time to donate.

And don't forget to sign up for the Tranny group - It will help dispel the myth we're all narcissistic, self absorbed, head up our arse wankers :lol:

As always worth a bump!

Donated yesterday and am going to start doing plasma hopefully next month.

As always worth a bump!

Donated yesterday and am going to start doing plasma hopefully next month.

Pete, what is the go with plasma donations? To be honest the idea of it makes me cringe a bit (compared to "normal" donations) - how does it all work?