trinube

OT saving lives

Thanks...I never have before (and I am not sure why not )...BUT tomorrow is going to be the day !!

PS....Please remind me and others in 12 months time to again donate !

MOM, good on you, great to hear!! :lol:

I genuinely appreciate that some of you might be tempted to donate/re-donate after reading about the 'old man'. He would have been well pleased. :lol:

Bumping this as for some reason I just remembered I need to donate and now one has opened up in Miranda it's heap easier. Not open today but I'm off tomorrow so will do it then.

What about everyone else?

I was at Miranda the week it opened.

So not due again yet.

Ring and book in Nealo, its easier.

Coffee machine and raisin toast for when you finish.

'onya nealo, roxii :lol::lol:

ironic, got an SMS this morning asking if I could donate

:lol: Just got home and there is a letter from the blood bank for me saying I am due again in a few weeks.

Spooooooookyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

:lol: Just got home and there is a letter from the blood bank for me saying I am due again in a few weeks.

thats nucking futs

ironic, got an SMS this morning asking if I could donate

This was not set up.

I'm telling you the shooting star was a sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks after IM I donated and the letter arrived last week, so yep, I am up again from this week

Do this regularly except a month or so before racing

Laid my arm out again today - got a nice chocolate heart and a keyring :lol: Season's over now so it's a perfect time to go donate.

Give it a shot, someone's life depends on it :lol:

After I get over the knee op I'm going start doing some Plasma donations. Apparently can give every 2 weeks that way.

Laid my arm out again today - got a nice chocolate heart and a keyring :lol: Season's over now so it's a perfect time to go donate.

Give it a shot, someone's life depends on it :lol:

Would love to but alas, I lived in the UK for a couple of years and therefore can't. (Have no idea what the Poms do for blood for their blood banks if they're so worried about Mad Cow?)

After I get over the knee op I'm going start doing some Plasma donations.

Put me down for a high definition 132 cm please :lol::lol: Two weeks for delivery is fine...

Dredging up this thread as a gentle reminder (I donated again yesterday). I've actually lost count but would probably be up to 8 or 9 times I've gone. If you're overdue or never tried, get yourself along and save a few lives. Had a nice juice and a muffin yesterday but will definitely go the milkshake next time :)

It's pre-season ( obligatory tri content to remain in tri chat) so a perfect time to go without affecting your training. And CEM says it's good for you because you build nice new blood!

Kim, your original post brought me to tears. My Mum was a regular blood donor and encouraged me to do it too. Sadly they don't want my blood, I have Crohn's Disease which is on the banned list. I have registered as an organ donor, if any of them are still worth having.

Aparently NSW stocks are seriously low, 2 days supply only.

Get in and bleed if you can.

(Im a few weeks overdue myself, trying to find the time)

So my excuse was, "I can't get into the city." Read this thread and did some searching. Turns out there is a centre 0.62 km away. Monday.

So where do Britons get their blood from?

Well they got their blue blood from the Germans, didn't they? :lol:

Nice work Kim. Reminds me that I must get back into semi-regular donations. It's been a while.

Good stuff buddy.

Haven't given since I got serious about tri.

Anybody here have any idea about how it would work in with training?

I'm just an old fart going around or fun...not racing for sheep stations.

(has put me off the M-dot tattoo thing)...they might put your blood to a different spot

Just don't do it before a hard session smiffy eat normally and keep you fluids up. If you feel off can the session.

Conor

If you've never donated blood, give it a shot. Be selfless, help others. And if they ask you why you've decided to donate, tell them you're "doing it for Reg". ;)

I haven't given blood for years - to be honest I really hate doing it - but you've got me with this one. Can't go today, but will head on down on Monday lunch time.

All things considered, to not do so is pretty selfish, really,

Can't say it is all that inconvenient, Google reckons the journey from my office by foot is 270 m,3 mins! Do you still get party pies and sausage rolls..?! ;-)