Scott Murray

Blank TT framesets Full carbon

All,

3 sizes available. Small Medium and Large. Full internal cable routing. Frameset includes frame, fork and seatpost.

Some of you may have seen these frames before. The frames ordered come in a gloss finish without decals.

Perfect for those who are wanting to do there own Paint.

Frames are finished and due to arrive in late July. I expect to be posting frames out by mid August. I will be attempting to take a few to Yeppoon with me in August.

I decided to run with these frames over the Karbona frames for the simple fact that these are not as common. Karbona frames can be purchased individually where as these ADK frames require a minimum order making them a little harder to obtain for individuals. Compared to the Karbona "NEO TT Lite" the big difference is the gap between the rear triangle/rear wheel.

Price $1300 + post. (Post will be whatever it costs me. No more No Less)

10% deposit to secure the frameset due to the shimmozle of people pulling out at last minute.

I cant attach any files on here at the moment due to "Error contact Board Admin". Email me at muz_1983@hotmail.com and i will send through photo's

Cheers,

Scott

Edit: Here is a link to see the frame's.

http://www.maxlelli.com/bikes/liger3k.htm

Edited by muz1983

white bikes with white background  :lol:

428867[/snapback]

bloody hard to light well, which they have done

That is an example of the frame only.

All bikes will be nude (carbon look) with gloss paint.

Sorry for the confusion. Keep the PM's coming

bloody hard to light well, which they have done

428868[/snapback]

Im not mate.

Alot of guys/girls out there wanted blank frames so they could paint, stickers etc. I was unable to get blanks last time. Im not into branding them myself just hope someone can turn one of these into something similar to the Karbona displayed last week.

I will probably get 1 painted for display/show but every person is different. Who knows YOYO might buy 1 and simply paint it all white????? :lol:

What do you reckon Yo :lol:

What are you going to brand them as Muz?

429804[/snapback]

are you going to do this type of thing again next year? or is this a one off?

That frame looks awesome but at the moment (not been on a bike all year) I am really struggling to justify getting one!

Cheers!

Sticks,

Im not sure that i will do this again. It is a hastle and has become a little more expensive over the past 9months. I do this on the side to help pay for entry fee's to races and new gear etc.

The frames wont be here until August and alot of people are hesitant to buy until they see the frames up close. I have a couple sold but there is still all sizes available. (If your a Medium they are the most popular)

Let me know if you are interested or require more info

Scott

are you going to do this type of thing again next year? or is this a one off?

That frame looks awesome but at the moment (not been on a bike all year) I am really struggling to justify getting one!

Cheers!

432716[/snapback]

Thanks for that Rohan.

I will have to get photobucket so i can attach more photo's.

Cheers

cg_liger3K_04.jpg

434107[/snapback]

Not bad. I'm probably due for a new TT bike...i've ridden mine twice already...

All,

For those of you that where waiting for the frames to enter OZ.

They arrived today and are being cleared by customs as we speak. They are set for delivery within 5 days. If you are interested PM for more details...........

All,

3 sizes available. Small Medium and Large. Full internal cable routing. Frameset includes frame, fork and seatpost.

Some of you may have seen these frames before. The frames ordered come in a gloss finish without decals.

Frames are finished and due to arrive in late July. I expect to be posting frames out by mid August. I will be attempting to take a few to Yeppoon with me in August.

I decided to run with these frames over the Karbona frames for the simple fact that these are not as common. Karbona frames can be purchased individually where as these ADK frames require a minimum order making them a little harder to obtain for individuals. Compared to the Karbona "NEO TT Lite" the big difference is the gap between the rear triangle/rear wheel.

10% deposit to secure the frameset due to the shimmozle of people pulling out at last minute.

I cant attach any files on here at the moment due to "Error contact Board Admin". Email me at muz_1983@hotmail.com and i will send through photo's

Cheers,

Scott

All,

Cheers,

Scott

The frame looks great. I am keen to get myself onto a new TT bike.

What is the warranty on the frame?

Do you have any public liablitity insurance if something goes wrong with the frame when I am riding it?

Just need to know as I need to protect the family if there is a problem.

Cheers

Xroadie

Do you have any public liablitity insurance if something goes wrong with the frame when I am riding it?

Do any bike manufacturers offer this??

I had a Kmart roadmaster assault give way on me once, I could've hit em up for damages!? :lol:

Do any bike manufacturers offer this??

I had a Kmart roadmaster assault give way on me once, I could've hit em up for damages!? :lol:

All manufactures offer this. By law if you are the importer you are classed as the manufacturer. I think this is so the courts can chase somebody local if something goes wrong. As opposed to trying to chase somebody in Asia who has shot through after sending dodgey products out to mugs around the world. I believe that if you have an issue with one of the majors eg Giant or Trek the locals are the one that go to court and then it is there problem to take it up with the manufacturer.

The frame looks great. I am keen to get myself onto a new TT bike.

What is the warranty on the frame?

Just need to know as I need to protect the family if there is a problem.

Cheers

Xroadie

There is more chance of you crashing a bike than a bike having a spectacular failure - when was the last time you have heard of a bike simply collapsing on itself? This smells like a troll. In ANY case you should have your own income protection insurance rather than worrying about public liability.

All manufactures offer this. By law if you are the importer you are classed as the manufacturer. I think this is so the courts can chase somebody local if something goes wrong. As opposed to trying to chase somebody in Asia who has shot through after sending dodgey products out to mugs around the world. I believe that if you have an issue with one of the majors eg Giant or Trek the locals are the one that go to court and then it is there problem to take it up with the manufacturer.

this is in fact correct. under Division 2A of Part V of the Trade Practices Act, consumers are allowed to sue the manufacturer (importer) of goods if they are defective, that is they breach the implied conditions of fitness for purpose, description, merchantable quality or sale by sample. there is a couple more conditions but that is the gist of it.

I'm not arguing the law, i'm arguing the logic xroadie gives.

If you were so concerned about your family:

1. You wouldn't be riding a bike on the road

2. You would make sure you have you affairs in order (life insurance & income protection) instead of leaving it to your beloved family to rely on suing someone.

This doesn't diminish the manufacturer/importers liability at all, but to have to pose the quetion that you are relying on there public indemnity insurance prior to commiting to a purchase is pretty stupid. There are so many other factors that I would worry about before a bike frame collapsing on itself.

What happens when your bike frame collapses and the bike shop you bought it from is no longer in business? Do you ever ask yourself that question prior to making a purchase?

My point is, don't rely on the other guy to have his shit in order. I've done my research in this respect as i'm on the road every single day of the week, so have made sure I have adequate life and income protection insurance. Having been hit head on by a lawyer whilst riding my bike I learnt that getting tangled up in a legal battle about liability etc etc is not as easy as it sounds.

Yo!

Just a quick note to say that I collected my ATK TT Frame yesterday.

So far I am impressed. The frames are exactly the way they were described and the way I imagined (from various images)

Blank Carbon frame with a glossy finish. The finish and joins are even all over.

The joins are darker than the rest of the frame and obv. don't show the weave.

Guides for the cables have been installed (makes threading wires through the internal cable routing easier)

Haven't been able to find any faults on the frames so far. To me the workmanship looks great.

As for the weight of the frame. I haven't had a chance to weight it with and without fork but will do so later tonight.

I'll let you all know if the bike carrys my weight or collapsed on me like a stack of cards - though I seriously doubt the later. :lol:

So far I think the value of the purchase is very good.

I purchased a SRAM Red GS for AU$1500, the frame for AU$1300 and will be using my existing Spinnergy wheels and Xentis Aerobars...+ saddle, stem, peddals and headset = AU$3100 for a sub ~7.4kg bike...neat!

Just gotta figure out where those 6 screws are supposed to go that I have left over......hmmnn

yoyo your lbs should be able to do it at similar price to that. monza imports and zipp are trying to under cut each other. How do i know, i just put Red on the orca.

There is more chance of you crashing a bike than a bike having a spectacular failure - when was the last time you have heard of a bike simply collapsing on itself? This smells like a troll. In ANY case you should have your own income protection insurance rather than worrying about public liability.

In answer to your question about failures maybe you should ask Look with their latest pedal recall and now it appears that one of the worlds top brands Cervelo has a similar problem with a fork recall. Check this out http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/1730.html

hey xroadie,

how about you tell us what your interest is in bike shops.. Hmm??

perhaps a disgruntled bike shop owner who doesn't like independent resellers that are springing up undercutting those fat margins....

this is in fact correct. under Division 2A of Part V of the Trade Practices Act, consumers are allowed to sue the manufacturer (importer) of goods if they are defective, that is they breach the implied conditions of fitness for purpose, description, merchantable quality or sale by sample. there is a couple more conditions but that is the gist of it.

My accountant made me aware of this and yep I have all the necessary insurance which is why my bikes won't be $1300. Maybe it's not needed in some people's eyes but as a sole trader it will only take one person to bring me down!

Sorry for the late reply. Been awayski and unfortunately sick.

As for the SRAM RED. I obtained it via Ebay US. Yes I aware of a) import tax/duty (i got done for an additional 200 on the 1500 purchase price) :lol: limited/no warranty in Oz. However, considering I purchased the groupset prior to the "apparently" recent price drop (price drop now that the dollar is at 88 cents? I purchased at 96 cents and the benefits still had not been passed on - anyway I digress - I am still a lazy 40% better off.

Pictures. Yes sir.

IMG_5325.JPG

IMG_5323.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

I do not understand....

why you would go and drop that sorta coin on a bike and NOT put the sexy SRAM bar end shifters and some sexy carbon levers on those bars....

I do not understand....

why you would go and drop that sorta coin on a bike and NOT put the sexy SRAM bar end shifters and some sexy carbon levers on those bars....

There's 2 types of Xentis bar one that takes STI's (these ones) and another that has integrated brakes and takes bar end shifters...

There's 2 types of Xentis bar one that takes STI's (these ones) and another that has integrated brakes and takes bar end shifters...

Yes i know this... but still what is the point in having all that bling then some STI's hanging off of there....

Plus you would have to sit up all the time to change gears... ANNOYING!!! It ruins the bike for me!

Just my opinion........

I thought it was strange that you didn't go the bar end shifters.

Nice bars though.

My question however relates to the pedals. What are they like?? Similar to Shimano i would think??

I thought it was strange that you didn't go the bar end shifters.

Nice bars though.

My question however relates to the pedals. What are they like?? Similar to Shimano i would think??

Had the Xentis bar already. Spending an additional 400 on getting the right tt extensions for the base bar wasn't my priority nor was the addition of the tt shifters.

I guess its all an question of what you are used to, comfortable with and what's available - since the tt shifters weren't an option on the gs deal this would have added further $$.

Pedals. Exustar something or the other. Also salvaged from my previous bike. Weight: 270g (2x pedals, cleats and mounting hardware).

The aim of the game for me was to get a tt bike setup with the best parts and the cheapest price possible.

I like carbon.

ohh and no. you don't have to sit up to change gears. seriously.

Edited by entropy

ohh and no. you don't have to sit up to change gears. seriously.

you just have to break the aero possie every time you change....

Also i would think that whacking the Shifters on ebay would have actually saved you a a bit of coin... You'd get more for them than what the TT shifters would set you back....

but anyway doesnt matter at the end of the day as long as your happy

you just have to break the aero possie every time you change....

hardly.

one arm flicks out for a fraction of a second and whacks sti.

yep i'd prefer bar end shifters, but i'd only bother next time an sti goes kaput.

My accountant made me aware of this and yep I have all the necessary insurance which is why my bikes won't be $1300. Maybe it's not needed in some people's eyes but as a sole trader it will only take one person to bring me down!

That's bullshit, product and public liability is not that much of a burden. For the record I also import these frames and other components and have product and public liability insurance and can say that at $1300 a frame there is still enough fat on the bone to pay the bills.

Further, I would sack your accountant if he let you start up a business like this as a sole trader. Don't think for a minute that just because you have insurance you are safe. I had to jump through hoops in order to prove that ADK had adequate quality control facilities so that the chances of a frame collapsing on itself would be next to nil.

If you have failed to do your own QC work, then the insurance company may reneg on the insurance, exposing you to loses from legal action. That is why I have structured myself to run my business through a PTY LTD company so that only the assets of the company are at risk. I would clarify these points with your insurer to see what is required of you.

I'll apologise for MUZ for letting this thread denigrate to the level it has gone. I am amazed by the lengths some people will go to undermine other peoples products.

All,

I initially refused to enter into this debate hence why i did not bother replying to the intial post by Xroadie. I beleived there was some motive behind it. I guess i was right.

Like Fiat i have arranged insurance but as he has indicated insurance stil does not keep you out of danger.

I apologise if i have caused turmoil on here and all i was trying to do was make people aware of cheaper options on Full carbon frames without sacrificing on quality.

These posts have got a little narky and i beleive it could have all been solved by

1. Not hijacking this thread to make your views known

2. Simply sending a PM to me and i could of answered on a 1 on 1 basis

3. Holding a grudge against me for selling these frames at a reasonable price

After all this was a For Sale thread that has turned into an all out attack.

On a brighter note there is still a couple of frames available if your interested PM me or call 0417 402 957.

Cheers,

Scott

That's bullshit, product and public liability is not that much of a burden. For the record I also import these frames and other components and have product and public liability insurance and can say that at $1300 a frame there is still enough fat on the bone to pay the bills.

Further, I would sack your accountant if he let you start up a business like this as a sole trader. Don't think for a minute that just because you have insurance you are safe. I had to jump through hoops in order to prove that ADK had adequate quality control facilities so that the chances of a frame collapsing on itself would be next to nil.

If you have failed to do your own QC work, then the insurance company may reneg on the insurance, exposing you to loses from legal action. That is why I have structured myself to run my business through a PTY LTD company so that only the assets of the company are at risk. I would clarify these points with your insurer to see what is required of you.

I'll apologise for MUZ for letting this thread denigrate to the level it has gone. I am amazed by the lengths some people will go to undermine other peoples products.

Edited by muz1983

Still have 2 small, 1 medium and 3 large if interested.

All,

I initially refused to enter into this debate hence why i did not bother replying to the intial post by Xroadie. I beleived there was some motive behind it. I guess i was right.

Like Fiat i have arranged insurance but as he has indicated insurance stil does not keep you out of danger.

I apologise if i have caused turmoil on here and all i was trying to do was make people aware of cheaper options on Full carbon frames without sacrificing on quality.

These posts have got a little narky and i beleive it could have all been solved by

1. Not hijacking this thread to make your views known

2. Simply sending a PM to me and i could of answered on a 1 on 1 basis

3. Holding a grudge against me for selling these frames at a reasonable price

After all this was a For Sale thread that has turned into an all out attack.

On a brighter note there is still a couple of frames available if your interested PM me or call 0417 402 957.

Cheers,

Scott