Sign in to follow this  
Peking Duck

Zipp Flash Point FP60 Race Wheels

Zipp Carbon Flash Point Wheels...60mm deep. Weight: Front-854g Rear-1030g. Alloy brake surface. Clincher convenience. Comes with Maxis Zenith competition tyres. Skewers included. Cluster not included.

Came with new Cannondale bike but I already have race wheels.

Offers over $1200 considered.

Guest knackered anon.

if he took photos he'd prob have to touch the wheels too

then the ad title would be misleading

then he'd prob be thrown in jail or prosecuted by ACCC

play it safe duckboy

How does this work?

413274[/snapback]

This guy might be in marketing... tell em there compatible but forget to tell em it will cost em... hahaha...

maybe you can spend an extra hungie and buy a new freehub to make the switch between them is my guess........

Guest knackered anon.

you can run all 10 spd cassettes and shifters together with some success (campag and shimano fully compatible

I understand SRAM is less tolerant of campag though (no jockey pulley float or overshift built into shifters)

If these are shimano free hub, there is no way on earth you will get a campag cassette on them. It is misleading to say they are compatible.

Guest knackered anon.

you make a fair point there Mr Bot

how much did you have to pay to get your name changed back by De-Pol'?

If these are shimano free hub, there is no way on earth you will get a campag cassette on them. It is misleading to say they are compatible.

413320[/snapback]

hang on... hang on...

Was it you that up'd me a while back about the weight of Karbona wheels??? That is misleading, this is smart marketing... Different IMO... I dont think he was at all trying to mislead anyone either, just an average joe blow trying to sell some stuff... Fine by me...

They are infact compatible with both, IF, you change the free hub body over to suit Shim/Campag........

You see this type of stuff every where... Cars are the worst, when you get the FROM $xxx and they show you a picture of the top model, but quote the price of the base model... Nothing wrong with that i don't think....

I had a look on the flashpoint wheel website http://www.flash-pointracing.com/fp60

and this is what is said.

Peking is correct in what he say's.

Maybe Alex you need to flick to the website and have a look like I did. They clearly state what has been written.

Specifications

Wheel FP60 Front FP60 Rear

Max Width 22mm 22mm

Depth 60mm 60mm

Weight 854g 1030g

ERD (Effective Rim Diameter) 525.5mm

Shimano, SRAM or Campagnolo Compatibility

Max. Brake Track Width Variation - .005"

Recommended Max. Rider Weight - 225 lbs

Gday phantom

The web site tells no lies. The wheels do indeed come as Campag, SRAM Shimano. HOWEVER, like a car that comes as AUTO or MANUAL once it is locked in (except SRAM) there is no changing. If the wheel was bought fitted to a shimano bike, the fitting that the rear cassette slides onto will not accept a campag cluster or vice versa.

The web site is clear and unfortunately, the advert for this specific wheel set is not and is misleading.

Like I said in fancy speak and especially since the lister has not tried to rebut, BUYER BEWARE.

Sign in to follow this