willie

Cervelo, Ceepo or Argon...

What bike is your preference? Within this sort of price range (for frameset only)  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What bike is your preference? Within this sort of price range (for frameset only)

• Cervelo P2 Carbon $2500
    • Ceepo Stinger $???? << GADS???
    • Argon E-112 $2990
    • Other (please state brand, model and price)
    • this topic has been done to death

Which one would you go if faced with the tough question... Pictures below are the framesets I am thinking about...

Cervelo P2 Carbon frameset

2008-P2C-White.png

OR

Ceepo

stinger_red_white.jpg

OR

Argon E-112

263_medium.jpg

Out of those three I would go the Argon, I just think they are a little classier, not to say the others arent hot.

Choice of other bike would be a pinarello montello but frameset is a lot more than these babies, up near $5500 I think from memory

OITC

I went for the Argon, looks the goods, and has that rarity factor ATM. I would be more than happy with the Cervelo, currently being a happy Cervelo P3 owner. The Ceepo is a fine looking bike, but because I don't know much about the manufacturer and background of the bike, I would be a little cautious about buying one. Most likely I would wait until there are a few around and get some feed back.

what are the warranties like on the Argon???

I know Cervelo are pretty good,

Ceepo??? GADS WERE ARE YOU??? Everyone is talking about them and your not here...

Id pick the Argon,, but in saying that I am extremely happy with my BMC and for the first time in a long time do not lust after another bike.

Hiltz,

Is this poll so you know which bike will have the best re-sale value on Tri-Trade in 6 months time?  :lol:

394317[/snapback]

:lol::D:D:D;)

I have a couple of size Small Avanti's to sell if you would like one?

Both ultegra, both 2007 models, one Kona TT machine, one Corsa roadie...

Hiltz,

Is this poll so you know which bike will have the best re-sale value on Tri-Trade in 6 months time?  :lol:

394317[/snapback]

:lol: Was thinking the same thing, though many items get posted for sale before hiltz even has them yet, so I think 6 months is a bit optimistic...

Do any of the above honour a warranty beyond the original owner?

I can't understand the fascination with the Argons. Having seen an E-114 up close I couldn't help being put off by the horrific tube widths & shapes. My next aero bike (like my current one) will be designed by the experts...Cervelo.

I can't understand the fascination with the Argons.  Having seen an E-114 up close I couldn't help being put off by the horrific tube widths & shapes. 

394339[/snapback]

Lets see if Argon are ever brave enough to publish the chart they had on the booth at Taipei. It claimed to be windtunnel drag figures and will get ripped to shreds if seen by the educated public. If the figures were correct and we normalise for the odd speed they used then the performance is exactly what *you* would expect

I think i am partial to the Cervelo, tried and tested... They have a great warranty that they also back up... If i can get one with a red fork that'd be my pick by far (would look good i think)

But i like the look of the Argon the most... But have only seen one in the flesh and know SFA about them really... But maybe its not so "aero" by the sounds of things

the Ceepo, well I have been thinking about taking a gamble with one just to see... but then that could really turn out to be one very expensive gamble and I wont have the money to replace it when i have to start paying rent and things again....

What happened to your "simplifying life, one bike, Marlvern Star" theory?

What happened to your "simplifying life, one bike, Marlvern Star" theory?

394358[/snapback]

Malvern Star... Pppphhhh... i have so much more class than that... Apollo. :lol::lol:

i have realized this man cant live with just one bike..... I need training bike (apollo) race bike (?????) and single speed to ride to and from work, also used on the rollers... Then I figure if i decide i want to try an ironman apollo wouldnt be the best way to go...

I dont know who i was trying to kid when i thought that....

Cervelo

Had P2K

Got P3SL

Got Prodigy

Got R2.5

Love them all

Want P2C (Anyone wanna swap a P3SL?)

394381[/snapback]

dont think you have quite had all the different models yet....

the Super prodigy was an awesome bike though... I would buy one if given the chance...

Chrissie rides a P2 - that's good enough for me (I ride like a girl anyway :lol: )

Chrissie rides a P2 - that's good enough for me (I ride like a girl anyway :lol: )

394485[/snapback]

see now theres a good point... Will it make me ride as fast as her???

Cervelo is still out in front, although i am going to check out the other two hopefully before making the decision....

Which frame has the geometry that suits you best?

these are for the equivalent frame sizes

Cervelo P2C :- (size 54)

seat angle = 78deg (rear seat position) or 75deg (front seat position)

head angle = 72.5deg

chain stay length = 380

top tube length = 530

wheel base = ?

weight = ?

Ceepo Stinger :- (size medium)

seat angle = 77deg

head angle = 72.5deg

chain stay length = 390

top tube length = 530

wheel base = ?

weight = 1880grams

Argon18 E112 :- (size small)

seat angle = 76deg

head angle = 72.5deg

chain stay length = 400

top tube length = 535

wheel base = 983

weight = 2000grams

or should I just say which has the paint job you prefer? :lol:

Hiltz,

website says $2800 for the frame set.

you're right - stinger hasn't been tested on the market, however, checkout this article for a review on the bike.

http://ceepouk.blogspot.com/

i have ridden the stinger and thought that it wasn't too different from the venom. good power, great stiffness and very smooth. the stinger's design base is the venom.

andy - you are correct. individual prices can be done through me as long as i don't have a dealership in that city (that would be most cities :lol: ) and those discussions not for open forum.

best marketing for ceepo, racing

good luck with the decision, they are always hard

Hiltz, have the same dilemma here and hard to choose between them.

Each have their advantages.

Might come down to which fits the best?

One bike i have always wanted....a Cervelo Super Prodigy........ :lol:

Steel is Real :D:lol:

i have ridden the stinger and thought that it wasn't too different from the venom.  good power, great stiffness and very smooth.  the stinger's design base is the venom.

Gads, What is the difference between the Stinger and the Venom?

One bike i have always wanted....a Cervelo Super Prodigy........ :lol:

Steel is Real  :D  :lol:

394554[/snapback]

a second hand one is worth about as much as it was new... trust me i have looked into it... wish i hadda got into bikes a few years earlier...

i also wish my coach wasnt a short ass cause i mighta bought his otherwise....

mate i coulda bought the last one in brisbane in my size, 56cm, for $2.4K a while back..... :lol: brand newie.....

passed-up and have had trouble sleeping at night ever since... :lol:

see now theres a good point... Will it make me ride as fast as her???

Cervelo is still out in front, although i am going to check out the other two hopefully before making the decision....

she won Korea on a Soloist... :lol:

Which frame has the geometry that suits you best?

these are for the equivalent frame sizes

Cervelo P2C :- (size 54)

seat angle = 78deg (rear seat position) or 75deg (front seat position)

head angle = 72.5deg

chain stay length = 380

top tube length = 530

wheel base = ?

weight = ?

394520[/snapback]

My P2C in size 58 with wolf cl was ~1860g frame/fork/headset. Knock ~100g off if it comes with the Funda fork.

Here is a comparison of sizing (note that I had to use standard values for fork length and couple of other figures for Ceepo and Argon so there is potential for being a couple of mm out).

You can see that if you fit a 54 P2C then there are sizes from the others that will fit very comparably so being able to achieve the position is not such a big concern. If you are tall then you may be limited to the P2 as the other brands are short on big sizes so this comparison is only valid for the sizes listed.

If we look a little further at the geometry we notice that the P2 will have the least weight on the front wheel which is an important consideration for aerobar handling. The Argon site waffles on about their super stable geometry reducing the likelihood of crashing and I suspect they base that on the long wheelbase but, as with many elements of cycling, the weight dist is about ratios and they don't do so well there.

2v2xuzs.jpg

As for the Prodigy, I always liked that bike. Realistically though it is just a columbus tubeset with messy welding and limited to a 1" fork. Better to find some small scale custom builder who can do one that fits with nicer finishing (the paint was terrible too).

mate i coulda bought the last one in brisbane in my size, 56cm, for $2.4K a while back..... :lol: brand newie.....

passed-up and have had trouble sleeping at night ever since... :lol:

394576[/snapback]

you bought a kestrel instead :D

you bought a kestrel instead  :lol:

394590[/snapback]

love is blind...

love is blind...

394592[/snapback]

only the best of us could make the Kestrel mistake...

You in the market Hiltz or just trolling?

394635[/snapback]

have groupset, wheels, pedals and seat ready to go... just working on the Aerobar and frame fork combo...

I am in the market... again :lol:

but this will be the last for a long time so i want to get it right (i wont have too much spare cash soon :lol: ) Just playing with the last little bit of cash i have to spend on bikes...

I think everybody is talking about whether or not i get a Ceepo, but on the other hand i am also thinking about going the Cervelo... Just cant decide...

But, I think the Cervelo looks better, especially if it comes with a fancy red fork... But then i think the ceepo is new, looks like a good thing, has had a couple of good reveiws, but i worry about the warranty... Also haven't seen the Ceepo in the flesh yet, so that will be a determining factor as well.

have groupset, wheels, pedals and seat ready to go... just working on the Aerobar and frame fork combo...

I am in the market... again  :lol: 

but this will be the last for a long time so i want to get it right (i wont have too much spare cash soon  :lol:  ) Just playing with the last little bit of cash i have to spend on bikes...

I think everybody is talking about whether or not i get a Ceepo, but on the other hand i am also thinking about going the Cervelo... Just cant decide...

But, I think the Cervelo looks better, especially if it comes with a fancy red fork... But then i think the ceepo is new, looks like a good thing, has had a couple of good reveiws, but i worry about the warranty... Also haven't seen the Ceepo in the flesh yet, so that will be a determining factor as well.

394663[/snapback]

But the Trannies vote is for the Argon. You have to listen to the masses

But the Trannies vote is for the Argon.  You have to listen to the masses

394688[/snapback]

Yes the masses are certainly there, i am going to make sure i see all three before i decide anything!!!

But I think everybody will be talking about the decision... :lol:

Don't get an Argon..

I want one, and the less people that have them, the more unique mine will be :lol:

Don't get an Argon..

I want one, and the less people that have them, the more unique mine will be  :lol:

394840[/snapback]

hahah, might just get one to spite you :D

But i wanna see one before i get anything.... When i get round to doing that i don't know???

I only need to have it by the time Yepoon rolls round..... :lol:

haha.. I'm hoping to visit Otter soon to check them out in the flesh..

haha.. I'm hoping to visit Otter soon to check them out in the flesh..

394865[/snapback]

Yeah i think i might be taking a trip down there some time soon to see the man himself... Want to check out some of the Tula's as well... I have been keen on a set of those for a while.....

Guest Mister Marsellus Wallace

I am very happy with my Argon Mercury and it is fast and comfortable.... needs a bit of TLC and a refurb with my new seatpost - thanks Jester, but it is a good steed and I imagine the new Argons will be similar. Looks cool too.

Yeah i think i might be taking a trip down there some time soon to see the man himself... Want to check out some of the Tula's as well... I have been keen on a set of those for a while.....

394870[/snapback]

I went and had a look.. They're hot!

There's only 1 left.. and apparently there's several people hovering at the moment.. I'm not going to get it, even though it's my size.. I'm content to stick with my Mercury for now..

With a proper fitting it'll do me for another season!! :lol:

There's only 1 left.. and apparently there's several people hovering at the moment.. I'm not going to get it, even though it's my size.. I'm content to stick with my Mercury for now..

With a proper fitting it'll do me for another season!!  :lol:

399960[/snapback]

well everyone will be talking about my new bike...

:D

I never got round to seeing the argon :lol: I did see an orbea steed running round canberra today (new TT i think) and it gave me a half woodie, they look sooooo nice!!!!

But i am still thinking about those Tula's... mmm....

Guest Freak
But i am still thinking about those Tula's... mmm....

I ride Tula's and an Argon.....

I ride Tula's and an Argon.....

399994[/snapback]

i know..... the tulas are noice...

but you also ride an Azzurri.... nuf said. :lol:

Either way everyone will be talking about my new bike... cant get it till end of june though :lol:

Edited by hiltz

With a proper fitting it'll do me for another season!!  :lol:

399960[/snapback]

Oh FFS pony up the cash girl... If you are going to be on the losing team at GCHIM you might as well do it on a SWEETTTTT bike..... :lol:

well everyone will be talking about my new bike...

Is this Fezza mark 2? What have you got coming Hiltz?

Oh FFS pony up the cash girl... If you are going to be on the losing team at GCHIM you might as well do it on a SWEETTTTT bike.....  :lol:

400001[/snapback]

You have been told Aimz....

Is this Fezza mark 2?  What have you got coming Hiltz?

400041[/snapback]

Nah no Fezza mark II... Think about the really big hint i threw in there... :lol:

Just remember everybody will be talking about it..... :D