Sign in to follow this  
Kamal2

Ten Questions With Kitesurfa

Hey Kitesurfa, can we go straight into 10 questions....quick answers straight from the hip please. Blind date format, I don't know you, you don't know me, although we have exchanged PM's...ready?

1. Don't count this one. What's a blind date? Ever been on one? What would you do if she was drop dead ugly?

2. What's your brief bio data? Partner was a blind date or not? How about kids?

I would guess you are pretty well known in Victoria, but perhaps not elsewhere, therefore tell us exactly who you are? Real name optional.

3. How do you make your living if not mentioned above? Are you still farming, or is it contracted out?

3. Seriously now. Like most triathletes, you must have had a background in other sports, lets talk about that, and how you eventually got into triathlon.

4. It would appear that you might be better suited to purely racing the bike at higher level...not pro at this stage, but I think A Grade elite.....and I don't discount the fact that you frequently podium at both...why triathlon therefore?

5. Kitey, let's look at Age Group racing here in Australia....do you have any concern that to move to the very top of an Age Group, some individuals might be heavily into outside assistance...PED's, I mean. Do you have that concern? And if you could how would you tackle that?

6. Look mate...you have only 900 posts here, but I would say you have made a major impact. On the other hand you have been very upfront, very direct in your comments and criticisms, right on the mark it would appear. And yet (and this is a split decision) you might have over stepped the mark once or twice....agreed or not? I'm going to point to your comments on Chrissie Wellington....you had support, but any thoughts on it now?

7. Initially you clashed heavily with MMW.....sure you remember it. Now MMW can be a fiesty, abrasive SOB, but mostly there's no dispute, he knows his stuff. Remember the 60 kph training rides? Now given all that, here on the forum, you are almost required to lay down credentials before being allowed to debate a topic, and at times you might even get excluded if you are not from a certain crowd...the question being...why can't the poster just jump in on the topic without having to prove credibilty first? While on that, what's your candid opinion on MMW?

8. Kitey. I know you had some stuff going with Cycling News. Still doing that? enlighten us please?

9. You are hypothetically entered at Port, fully trained up, just about ready to travel. Just at that time one of your kids comes down with appendicitis.....very sick, but Doc says they will be fine after routine op. Partner tells you go ahead to the race, she will cope. Do you go or not?

10. Kitey, if you could have been elite/pro in any sport. Which one would you choose?

11. Last one, the bonus. I suspect you may be a role model yourself, but on the other hand,who influenced you the most, that's specific to Triathlon.

12. Foxy Lady says you have nice legs..what would you say to her?

Too late to Edit now..13 questions total. And thanks Kitesurfa for taking time with us,

Edited by kamalarrowsmith

Hey Kitesurfa, can we go straight into 10 questions....quick answers straight from the hip please. Blind date format, I don't know you, you don't know me, although we have exchanged PM's...ready?

Ready, had a busy morning but am ready and raring to go! Am very excited and honored!!

1. Don't count this one. What's a blind date? Ever been on one? What would you do if she was drop dead ugly?

I'm pretty shallow so I'd be out of there faster than a fart in a fan factory... Nah, I'd be pleasant but if you are not physically attracted to the other person I think you are wasting your time. Never been on a blind date myself thankfully. My wife and I met when I had just turned 19 and she 18 so never really had to go through the whole dating scene....

2. What's your brief bio data? Partner was a blind date or not? How about kids?

I would guess you are pretty well known in Victoria, but perhaps not elsewhere, therefore tell us exactly who you are? Real name optional.

My wife, Jacqui, and I met at a nightclub. My friends girlfriend got into a tiff with some guy so my friend got involved. My friend was pretty small and told the other guy he was a cockhead and the other guy was getting pushy and asked him what he was going to do about it. I arrived on the scene and my mates girlfriend said that her boyfriend wasn't going to anything about it but if he wanted to take it outside I would be happy to finish it. I was reasonably well built and had done a bit of kick boxing so the other guy took off. My wife Jacqui was friends with my mates girlfriend and we got talking after the incident. Some stooge was trying to crack onto Jacqui but she was hot so I pretended to be her boyfriend so the other guy would rack off. I was a sly dog and we hit it off and the rest is history!!

My name is Rohan Creed, 31, and I am the proudest dad in Australia! My best mate and biggest fan Ruben is 4 and my twin girls Asha and Elly are just 10 months old. Being a father is the best thing in the world and is what life is really about. Asha was born with Down Syndrome so there will be plenty of challenges ahead with that but you wouldn't change them for anything! I can see all 3 right now!

3. How do you make your living if not mentioned above? Are you still farming, or is it contracted out?

I live in Warrnambool and my farm is about 30km out of Warrnambool. My dairy farm milks about 300 cows. I employ some people to manage/run it for me on a day to day basis. I go out probably once a fortnight just to check over everything and see whats happening. I used to live and work at the farm but retired from that when I was 26. Now I'm a full time dad. Life is great and Warrnambool is a fantastic spot to raise a family and live.

3. Seriously now. Like most triathletes, you must have had a background in other sports, lets talk about that, and how you eventually got into triathlon.

I come from a very sporting family. My brother is 6'3" and my sister is 6 feet tall. I have size 12 feet but am only 5'11" which sucks cause I always loved bastball and that was what I really wanted to be when I was young. Jordan was my hero. I worked quite hard at basketball (I could dunk when I was 16) but unfortunately couldn't hit a 3 conisitently enough at my height to make it past local representative level. My brother (who wasn't as skilled or couldn't shoot as well as me) got a scholarship and played college ball in the US (as well as a game with the Geelong Supercats) and actually played against Alonzo Mourning. I still play A grade locally with a great group of close mates every Wednesday night. My sister played state league netball and represented Vic and was a good runner/long jumper. I was a bit of a jack of all trades at athletics, would usually win stuff at school level but get smashed at interschool stuff.

AFL Footy was what I showed the most promise at but my heart was never really in it, much to my coaches frustration. I was always well built compared to other kids at the same age and was pretty elusive/hard to bring down in a tackle and had OK skilld. I won a couple of league best and fairests and captained the interleague team as a junior and was asked to train with the Geelong Falcons (Ruben just got put in time out for pushing his sister!) as an underage player. I played a couple of practise matches with them and did alright. In one game I kicked 4 goals from the centre in the first quarter and then got tagged for the rest of the match by Chris Heffernan, who would go on to be drafted 2nd pick overall and play in a premiership with Essendon and make All Australian. After another pre season practise match the coach (Michal Turner) took me and another guy aside and told us if we train hard and keep going we will both have long AFL careers. A couple of weeks later I tore my right hamstring from the bone and never was able to play properly again, despite several unsuccesful comebacks. The other guy taken aside was Scott Lucas.

It didn't really bother me that much at the time as I just wanted to play footy with my mates and play basketball.

Thought I knew what fit was just playing basketball, surfing, kitesurfing and a bit of footy but started to put on a bit of weight in my mid 20's. Started doing a bit of extra running for fitness and a bit of swimming for my back. Had a mate do some triathlons and thought it would be fun and something different to keep me fit for my other sporting pursuits. Little did I know I'd enjoy it as much as a lot of my other sports! Did my first Gatorade in boardies, on a 6 speed bike with down tube shifters with 650 wheels and old K-mart joggers. Nearly killed me! I think out of 113 in my AG I was 80th in the swim, 108th in the ride and 95th in the run! When I looked up the results I thought the elite guys were doing a different course! 18 months later I'd won my first triathlon and was nudging and making the podium in my AG.

4. It would appear that you might be better suited to purely racing the bike at higher level...not pro at this stage, but I think A Grade elite.....and I don't discount the fact that you frequently podium at both...why triathlon therefore?

I really enjoy cycling. Racing is really hard but rewarding. At 83kg I'm never going to be a great cyclist but I do have a good engine, a fair amount of leg strength and can sprint pretty well also. My hamstrings are both stuffed and my lower back is a bit of a mess also so I can't really assume an overly agressive TT position and I run like a footballer also. Thats OK though. I just really enjoy getting out and training with my friends and then putting it all on the line in a race, whether that be traithlon or cycling. I have probably ahieved more in cycling and was probably the leg I improved at most quickly so worked pretty hard at it initially. I had friends that smashed the crap out of me when I first started so it was a good feeling to return the favour!

The thing I like about Traithlon is that during an event you are just racing yourself. You vs the clock. Sure you might compare times to mates later but during a race you just go as fast as you can and get to the end in the least amount of time. Ironically it is the opposite I like about cycling. In cycling there are many things you can't control. Tactics play a huge part and every race evolves in a different way and you need to be thinking the whole time. Rarely the strongest cyclist wins. One of my best cycling victories was aginst German Olympian Christian Laddemann. I made a decision to attack with a km to go. He decided to wait a bit and not cover me. I won by half a wheel yet he was 10 times the better cyclist.

A funny story is before the race I saw him at the start and saw his legs and nearly passed out and made an audible "wow". His thighs were huge! I found out from a friend of his after the race he was looking at my legs thinking the same thing!

5. Kitey, let's look at Age Group racing here in Australia....do you have any concern that to move to the very top of an Age Group, some individuals might be heavily into outside assistance...PED's, I mean. Do you have that concern? And if you could how would you tackle that?

I don't get too worked up about AG racing. I have no doubt many AG'ers are on the juice. You are never going to be able to police it though.

I get more annoyed by full time athletes racing AG. I believe at whatever you are doing you should be trying to compete at the highest level, rather than trying to be a big fish in a small pond.

I get a bit frustrated at triathlon sometimes cause it is often not the best swim/bike/runner that wins on the day but the nutter who is prepared to sacrifice every other interest in there lives and dedicate there life to training and pain. I would love an Olympics which is clean of any drugs and that people were not allowed to train for. How awesome would that be? I wreckon there are some truelly incredible athletes out there that just are not prepared to sacrifice everything and make life torture just for the sake of being at the pointy end of sprt.

6. Look mate...you have only 900 posts here, but I would say you have made a major impact. On the other hand you have been very upfront, very direct in your comments and criticisms, right on the mark it would appear. And yet (and this is a split decision) you might have over stepped the mark once or twice....agreed or not? I'm going to point to your comments on Chrissie Wellington....you had support, but any thoughts on it now?

I like to think I'm a pretty reasonable yet passionate person. I'm certainly a lover not a fighter but I have a streak in me that sees red and will fire up pretty quickly if the right button is pressed. I hate "mumma" jokes and wreckon I have probaly been in 5 proper fights in my life and 4 of them would have been due to them. My year 12 quote as school was "leave my mum alone".

Sure, I've probably over stepped the mark many times. I'm not above apologising and am happy to say sorry if proven wrong or have hurt someone.

The Chrissie Wellington thread still shits me. Her performance was remarkable, incredible and unbelievable. These days if that happens it usually means one thing. Its not like she won D grade at the Port Fairy Crit. She won the World Ironman Championship, one of the toughest endurance races known to man. Maybe she did use drugs, maybe she didn't. I like to think this is the sort of topic we can discuss on our forum like adults. Too many people just want to sit back and wait for someone to say something slightly controversial and jump all over it and come across holyier than though. Due to the level of sport I've been able to compete at and many friends have competed at I've been privvy to some info which means my rose colored glasses were ripped off and shoved up some extremity a long time ago. For what its worth I'm still not convinced Lance took drugs....

7. Initially you clashed heavily with MMW.....sure you remember it. Now MMW can be a fiesty, abrasive SOB, but mostly there's no dispute, he knows his stuff. Remember the 60 kph training rides? Now given all that, here on the forum, you are almost required to lay down credentials before being allowed to debate a topic, and at times you might even get excluded if you are not from a certain crowd...the question being...why can't the poster just jump in on the topic without having to prove credibilty first? While on that, what's your candid opinion on MMW?

Good questions. I think sure, to have some credibilty you have to pay some dues and show your qualities over time. That said, just because someone races faster than someone else, it doesn't make them more knowledgable than someone else. You don't need to be a great swimmer to teach someone to swim great. You just need to know how to teach someone to swim fast. Thats why I get frustrated with some of the coaching threads on here. Just because a coach may be fat and never raced doesn't mean they can't coach, and just cause someone was a great athlete themselves doesn't mean they have any idea about coaching. I do think that if someone is going to jump into a thread and give an opinion about something they should probably first introduce themselves and explain why they have experienced that. Evil Cadence is a prime example of someone who did it the right way.

At first, I thought MMW was a fat, useless, pathetic, sad, angry, moronic waste of space. Now I think I was only half right! :lol:

MMW has a wealth of terrific info and knowledge and I have probably gained more useful info from some of his better posts than anyone else off the forum. Yes, we have clashed swords more than once but I respect anyone who is passionate and defends there position with facts and relevant info. I love his stories and tales and find the majority of his posts witty and clever. I suspect my arrival on the site coinsided with a fairly large upheavil in his personal life and he was using the site to unvent some anger which Brad Kahlefeldt and I bore the brunt of!

8. Kitey. I know you had some stuff going with Cycling News. Still doing that? enlighten us please?

Nah. Had some contact with them after last years Melbourne 2 Warrnambool and did some commentary at the Vic 100km champs but that is about as much as it got too. All sounded too much like work.....

9. You are hypothetically entered at Port, fully trained up, just about ready to travel. Just at that time one of your kids comes down with appendicitis.....very sick, but Doc says they will be fine after routine op. Partner tells you go ahead to the race, she will cope. Do you go or not?

Definately go but with a sad heart. The photo of me finishing with my kids would be a very proud moment and one I would cherish forever. I plan to do one ironman in my life. Will train and do it right and see how far I can push myself. I actually don't enjoy long racing. People say you get to discover yourself but I already know I'm a bit of a cockhead. MMW rightly said Ironman is not about going fast, its about not going slow. I want to go fast. I get bored during Olympic distance sometimes. Thats why I love sprint distance racing so much. I also think Ironman is really hard on your body and I don't want to get to a point where I can say "gee, I was so fit once" from a bed in a hospital with heart conditions or chronic fatigue or bad knees or injuries.

I know this is controversial but I do believe the cut off for ironman should be about 12 hours for males under 40 and 13 for females under 40. Add an hour or something for each 5years over that. I have respect for anyone that finishes an ironman but I think it belittles the achievement of someone racing at 9:30 when someone else can come in at 15:30 and get the same credit.

10. Kitey, if you could have been elite/pro in any sport. Which one would you choose?

Kitesurfing. Travel the world to awesome locations would be great. I was Vic Champion in 2004 and qualified for the X Games in WA but had to tone that down a touch when family arrived.

11. Last one, the bonus. I suspect you may be a role model yourself, but on the other hand,who influenced you the most, that's specific to Triathlon.

Hmm, I didn't grow up watching Hawaii and wanting to be a triathlete like many on here so don't really have role models in the sport. Kris McCartney is a close friend of mine and is someone I have really enjoyed and appreciated his down to earth advice. Brad Cambell, Darren Pearce and Trav Greening are like brothers to me and I always enjoy there company and banter. Scuba Steve even rates a mention here. The guy is a legend and so welcoming and encouraging to everyone and really lifts a room with his personality.

I don't know about being a role model myself. I do probably get a phone call a week from someone I don't know who has been given my phone number by someone asking for a bit of advice on getting into the sport. Thats probably cause I'm in the local newspaper nearly every week! My friends wreckon they have me on the speed dial! Thruth be told I just love competing and am always happy to give something a go. I don't care if I come last, I just don't want to die wondering. People are so scared to just have a dip these days in case they look stupid. I couldn't care less. I think having a go is what its all about and if you come last and someone thinks your nuts, so what? Does coming first make you a better husband, father, friend or person? Hell no!

12. Foxy Lady says you have nice legs..what would you say to her?

"How you doin?"

I do have big calves (naturally and jump programs from basketball added) and tan easily. Really no use at all for triathlon or running though. They sink in the swim, don't do much on the bike and weigh you down on the run. Look good at the beach though which is what is really important! Lately I've been getting some veins popping up which I'm not really enjoying. Might look into getting something done about them. What do people recommend?

Too late to Edit now..13 questions total. And thanks Kitesurfa for taking time with us,

No worries. Is really enjoyable to look back and actually take the time to think about where and how it all happened.

Yep great answers… and from only speaking to you for a couple of minutes, I can see why people ring you for advice.

How do I get dragged into these things...I've never seen his legs.....or was there a pic some time back....

K2, good to have the 10Q's back!!

All taken fart oo seriously for my liking.

Hold off on stripping any veins until you really have to. The missus has been through it a few times and I wouldn't recommend it.

Alternatively you can get them injected by a plastic surgeon - that really stings, and not just your wallet.

:lol: How about a couple of race photo's ,so we know what You look like :lol::D:D

Edited by Chuckie M

Hey Muts, the injections wouldn't work on those massive dilated veins.

I would do it now...they may take the greater saphenous vein or the lesser or both. I had it done, right leg only...once they strip out the saphenous vein, the recurrence is much less.

Edited by kamalarrowsmith

Guest Mister Marsellus Wallace

I am fat, useless and pathetic.

I found Kitey to be a personable and cool dude in person that loves his kids and his sport for me that is what is important.

For me I believe the love of your children and your personal wellbeing are what will help you survive this crazy life.

As for whether or not 60kmh training rides exist, well I dunno if they do, but put this in your pipe and smoke it Kamal.

My PM data from Coluzzi the last Sat I rode it. Maybe someone could do something similar for the beach rd ride and see how the numbers compare particularly the peak 1, 2 and 5 mins......

Entire workout (31.5 kph):

Duration: 2:07:18 (2:22:27)

Work: 1383 kJ

TSS: 133.2 (intensity factor 0.801)

Norm Power: 264

VI: 1.43

Distance: 65.619 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 1073 185 watts

Heart rate: 68 174 129 bpm

Cadence: 29 244 83 rpm

Speed: 0 71.2 31.5 kph

Pace 0:51 0:00 1:54 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 57.8 7.8 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 171.5 22.5 N-m

Peak 5s (70.7 kph):

Duration: 0:05

Work: 0 kJ

TSS: n/a

Norm Power: n/a

VI: n/a

Distance: 99 m

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 0 0 watts

Heart rate: 161 162 162 bpm

Cadence: n/a n/a n/a rpm

Speed: 69.8 71.2 70.7 kph

Pace 0:51 0:52 0:51 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 0 0.0 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 0 0.0 N-m

Peak 10s (69.4 kph):

Duration: 0:10

Work: 0 kJ

Distance: 195 m

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 148 19 watts

Heart rate: 159 162 161 bpm

Cadence: 118 118 118 rpm

Speed: 65.8 71.2 69.4 kph

Pace 0:51 0:55 0:52 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 2.6 0.3 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 12 1.5 N-m

Peak 20s (65.0 kph):

Duration: 0:20

Work: 6 kJ

Distance: 360 m

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 665 295 watts

Heart rate: 160 162 161 bpm

Cadence: 71 183 112 rpm

Speed: 62.4 68.2 65.0 kph

Pace 0:53 0:58 0:55 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 11.9 5.5 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 53.8 25.2 N-m

Peak 30s (64.6 kph):

Duration: 0:30

Work: 11 kJ

TSS: 1 (intensity factor 1.065)

Distance: 539 m

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 739 351 watts

Heart rate: 160 162 161 bpm

Cadence: 71 183 110 rpm

Speed: 62.4 68.2 64.6 kph

Pace 0:53 0:58 0:56 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 13.8 6.5 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 60.8 30.3 N-m

Peak 1min (63.3 kph):

Duration: 1:00

Work: 15 kJ

TSS: 1.2 (intensity factor 0.852)

Distance: 1.06 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 739 242 watts

Heart rate: 160 165 162 bpm

Cadence: 50 244 106 rpm

Speed: 59.2 68.2 63.3 kph

Pace 0:53 1:01 0:57 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 13.8 4.6 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 60.8 21.7 N-m

Peak 2min (61.1 kph):

Duration: 2:01

Work: 18 kJ

TSS: 1.7 (intensity factor 0.704)

Distance: 2.048 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 739 147 watts

Heart rate: 129 166 156 bpm

Cadence: 50 244 104 rpm

Speed: 51.5 68.2 61.1 kph

Pace 0:53 1:10 0:59 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 13.8 2.9 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 60.8 13.5 N-m

Peak 5min (55.9 kph):

Duration: 5:01

Work: 81 kJ

TSS: 7.9 (intensity factor 0.969)

Norm Power: 320

VI: 1.19

Distance: 4.683 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 904 269 watts

Heart rate: 152 174 162 bpm

Cadence: 34 166 92 rpm

Speed: 45.9 71.2 55.9 kph

Pace 0:51 1:18 1:04 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 20.6 6.0 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 89.9 27.7 N-m

Peak 10min (52.4 kph):

Duration: 10:01

Work: 161 kJ

TSS: 15.5 (intensity factor 0.964)

Norm Power: 318

VI: 1.19

Distance: 8.753 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 919 268 watts

Heart rate: 139 174 161 bpm

Cadence: 34 166 92 rpm

Speed: 16.5 71.2 52.4 kph

Pace 0:51 3:38 1:09 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 30.4 6.6 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 98.6 28.2 N-m

Peak 20min (46.9 kph):

Duration: 20:01

Work: 267 kJ

TSS: 28.9 (intensity factor 0.931)

Norm Power: 307

VI: 1.38

Distance: 15.667 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 1073 222 watts

Heart rate: 100 174 150 bpm

Cadence: 32 244 91 rpm

Speed: 4.7 71.2 46.9 kph

Pace 0:51 12:46 1:17 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 40.6 6.2 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 129.6 24.1 N-m

Peak 30min (42.5 kph):

Duration: 30:14 (30:22)

Work: 386 kJ

TSS: 39.3 (intensity factor 0.886)

Norm Power: 293

VI: 1.36

Distance: 21.27 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 1073 215 watts

Heart rate: 100 174 146 bpm

Cadence: 32 244 91 rpm

Speed: 4.3 71.2 42.5 kph

Pace 0:51 13:57 1:25 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 49.3 6.6 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 171.5 23.5 N-m

Peak 60min (35.4 kph):

Duration: 1:00:41 (1:02:08)

Work: 803 kJ

TSS: 78.7 (intensity factor 0.887)

Norm Power: 293

VI: 1.31

Distance: 35.46 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 1073 223 watts

Heart rate: 92 174 140 bpm

Cadence: 31 244 86 rpm

Speed: 3.7 71.2 35.4 kph

Pace 0:51 16:13 1:42 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 49.3 8.5 lb-in

Crank Torque: 0 171.5 25.8 N-m

For me I believe the love of your children and your personal wellbeing are what will help you survive this crazy life.

332031[/snapback]

Spot on. I'm actually a big Jabs fan now and really like/appreciate the guy. Seems to have a good, generous heart and I don't know if I made that clear earlier. Any resentment I had towards him when I first joined is water under the bridge and I can't wait to catch up with him again! He is a true legend of the sport and more importantly a good bloke.

As for whether or not 60kmh training rides exist, well I dunno if they do, but put this in your pipe and smoke it Kamal.

My PM data from Coluzzi the last Sat I rode it. Maybe someone could do something similar for the beach rd ride and see how the numbers compare particularly the peak 1, 2 and 5 mins......

332036[/snapback]

Geez, those are some f***ing impressive numbers!!! How do you get power > 1000watts??...shit I've just sneaked over 500 a few times, and I think it was a mis-read!!

Very interesting summary of the ride. I'm surprised you only averaged 31.5kmh yet had such big numbers & speeds for lengthy period during it?? And that your overal Normalised power is 264 with that avg speed? What is your normalised power figure?

It's nice being able to understand what the data is saying!!!

Great answers mate. Kitey is a top bloke and has good advice. He taught me a few things on the Team Time Trial we did a few month ago. (I'd never done one, I think he had)

Stupid boy Kitey!

You fell into the trap of helping K2 update his files on you through his cleverly crafted 10 questions thread. He even sneaks in a few extra's to seal the deal :lol:

As for believing MMW is a good bloke hmmmmmmm..............

332036[/snapback]

Geez, those are some f***ing impressive numbers!!! How do you get power > 1000watts??...shit I've just sneaked over 500 a few times, and I think it was a mis-read!!

Very interesting summary of the ride. I'm surprised you only averaged 31.5kmh yet had such big numbers & speeds for lengthy period during it?? And that your overal Normalised power is 264 with that avg speed? What is your normalised power figure?

332067[/snapback]

Meet Jabs, then all questions will be answered.

332036[/snapback]

332067[/snapback]

Meet Jabs, then all questions will be answered.

332107[/snapback]

Not hijacking Kiteys thread, but just to answer. I had a cruise out to Kurnell and back at the end so that probably dropped the av and normalised power numbers, but yeah I guess that proves that Coluzzi is a fast ride. If you come out over the next few weeks and see dudes in Rabo, Credit Agricole, Disco, Cofidis and other assorted kit, hang on for dear life, cause they didnt buy it in the me too bike shop down the road.

My my recent 20min normalised power not going flat out but solid in the TTTTTTTT last weekend was 330.

As for numbers over 1000, no big deal really got over 1600 couple times. I may not be smart man (or light) but I can lift heavy things.. :lol:

.....now back to what a good bloke Kitey is, he even has a little fella the same age as me, and Warnambool is the strangest place as far as the weather goes on earth....

.....now back to what a good bloke Kitey is, he even has a little fella the same age as me, and Warnambool is the strangest place as far as the weather goes on earth....

332361[/snapback]

Agreed. Was just chatting with him post-race last Sunday. Ask him about his TT rig, and those stickers on it!! :lol::lol:

Trap, here are some pics for you. I still get out on the tampon (dangle on the end of a string) whenever I can but the tricks the young guys do these days would blow your mind! The Warrnambool weather is OK. Is renowned as being very windy so i get the best of both worlds! If its calm I can train and if its windy I kite! If permission is recieved first!

Taken this winter on a windy day in Warrnambool:

7yo8mr6.jpg

Doing a "board off" whilst spinning at a comp in 04:

729rrkz.jpg

My biggest fan:

6u6igi9.jpg

Running partner:

8738wv4.jpg

Edited by Kitesurfa

Nice shots, I grew up windsurfing and have been avoiding the urge to switch. But the air that you guys get is pretty hard to resist.

Trap

Parkside LOL.

W'bool is tame, the electrical wires are pretty far off, but ask him about kitesurfing off the back of Port Fairy, lots of volcanic boulders to avoid. Down that way really is brilliant for wavesailing or kitesurfing, nearly always windy, especially over summer, best direction was always a SE which gave you about 2km in each direction with some good waves off the main beach. the swells and bomboras out the back of the breakwater are also pretty impressive (huge).

Kitey, good to get inside your head, especially as an ex local myself. Must catch up some time over Summer when I'm down for a few days

I was wondering how you managed to fit in everything you did while farming, now I know.

Edited by Evil Guru

Christ all mightly! Glad im on a government paid job to read all that dribble! In your early question about meeting your wife you say how you were happy to talk about it outside, hmmmmm, thats sounds very familiar??????? Who taught you kickboxing :lol:

You never mentioned your quest in finding your sexuality, i know you told me not to bring that up, but please detail it, im sure everyone would enjoy the read, come on kitey you big calved HUNK

332361[/snapback]

Agreed. Was just chatting with him post-race last Sunday. Ask him about his TT rig, and those stickers on it!! :lol::D

332372[/snapback]

I know this is controversial but I do believe the cut off for ironman should be about 12 hours for males under 40 and 13 for females under 40. Add an hour or something for each 5years over that. I have respect for anyone that finishes an ironman but I think it belittles the achievement of someone racing at 9:30 when someone else can come in at 15:30 and get the same credit.

Sounds fair and resonable to me :lol: