Guest Gimili

Three tips from real good triathletes

:lol::lol::D:D:D

Stand by, we are working on getting some words from Chrissie Wellington. Have sent her an email on this thread and maybe Miners has too. Hopefully she will put some thoughts together and let us know what a great champion she is and to be among the other champions on this thread.

Pam

I know we wanted these tips straight from the horse's mouth - and perhaps once she and BG are based here in the Sunshine Coast, Chrissie might spend more time over here - but here's the email she sent Pam in response to this thread:

Hey Pam,

I hope you had a wonderful day in north head last week...and apologies for the delay in responding - i have been nursing a week of girls/chick flu. It's like man flu, but much much worse!!!!!!

Anyway, my tips are simple - and probably not what the Trannies want to hear, as they dont involve the word aero or monitor!

• Remember that quality not quantity is best, when training for all distances
  • Visualise before the race - preempt what might happen, both good and bad and develop a strategy for dealing with it (don't worry about the things you cannot control, only think about the things you can).
  • Lube - for every occasion
  • Get a regular sports massage - a wonderful fine line between pleasure and pain.
  • Don't fear pain, but come to expect it and, as above, use training to develop your own mental strategy for coping. The mind and body are much stronger than you think they are.
  • Never let people set your limits - always aim high and believe that anything is possible!
  • Enjoy it and smile - its supposed to be fun!

Hope this is OK....:lol:

Smiles

Chrissie

If nothing else, don't ever dismiss the importance of lubing peoples :lol:

Edited by miners

Guest Mister Marsellus Wallace
MMW did you ever race against Ian Ross back and the day and how did you rate him

as a triathlete.

Rossy and I stayed together the year we did Hawaii in 1989 he won the 18-19 year age cat at Forster that year I think to get his spot, and he was very very good and acquitted himself well in a lot of races over the years. He now contents himself playing soccer with the Caringbah Redbacks old bastards soccer and his son went to kindy with mine. His wife is probably fitter than he is these days I always see her running.

Rossy and I stayed together the year we did Hawaii in 1989 he won the 18-19 year age cat at Forster that year I think to get his spot, and he was very very good and acquitted himself well in a lot of races over the years. He now contents himself playing soccer with the Caringbah Redbacks old bastards soccer and his son went to kindy with mine. His wife is probably fitter than he is these days I always see her running.

MMW i was over his place the other day on a visit up to the shire and he still goes on about how he won the Japan half ironman all

those years ago, he was dustin all his old trophies off while we were havin a beer. His younger brother was also quite handy at sport.

Ian loves his soccer though had a year of summer soccer at engadine with him. if you ever bump into him ask him

who beat him at the gerringong beach fun run back in 1989.

Guest Mister Marsellus Wallace

All my trophies are in a box in the rubbish room at me mums....

Rossy is a good dude. Seriously tho, there are a lot of people around these parts with various claims to fame, Olympians, sporting internationals, you name it and the one common thread about it is no one really cares once you are done, everyone is just getting on with life and pretty much every single one of them are satisfied with one thing - that their kids love em.

Nothing else really matters at the end of the day. Every one of them has a real job and because they were good and respected people in sport that didnt f-k people over when they had a following, they have prospered in their careers and their lives. Woolies at Caringbah is often a whose who of retired (and some current) sporting legends and their spouses and kids.

I guess thats why I get the shits with buffoons with a false sense of their own importance who think they are legends when ultimately it doesnt really matter, it is interesting to see how some folks go over the passage of time without arse lickers and hangers on.

All my trophies are in a box in the rubbish room at me mums....

Rossy is a good dude. Seriously tho, there are a lot of people around these parts with various claims to fame, Olympians, sporting internationals, you name it and the one common thread about it is no one really cares once you are done, everyone is just getting on with life and pretty much every single one of them are satisfied with one thing - that their kids love em.

Too right i am glad i don't live up there anymore and all my old trophies were put in the bin long ago

I met up with Rossy down at husky earlier this year he was doin the fun run and our kids done the miniman

i got him to pose for some photos with some friends of mine kids i told them how good he used to be.

We all get older and wiser

This is a great thread. I have really enjoyed reading some of these posts.

WOW,what a great read,thanks to all

Was reading Macca's post in here just yesterday, love this bit in particular...

* Here we are now still chasing two final things on our list. Once this is achieved i will frame this crumpled piece of A4 paper and put this up in my pool room. This has become my life and my driving force. I feel fortunate and proud that I never gave up the chase and aim to complete this list for myself and to complete a dream that two teenage kids talked about in a TV Room as youngsters. I want to show my children to have the courage and the belief that dreams are worth chasing. A dream becomes a goal when you write it down on paper and goals are worth setting and chasing.

Conor