detai

YouTube ==== Official Thread

This is a bit different.

Ahhh to think, without the Internet I would never hand known this went on...

Clearly whatever it is they are doing, it is a serious business... But I often wonder if there isn't a bit of "Chinese whispers" occurring with some of these rituals. Perhaps this one has its origins in a couple of herds men having an argument and then chasing each other around a camp fire a couple of thousand years ago.

Edited by MountainMan

ESPN broadcast this overnight

Here's the final match with Iver, the top seed, vs Jochen, the current number 1 player. Both players were undefeated going into the match; Iver with 9 tournament match wins in a row and Jochen with 15 match wins in a row (since January 2013)! It was the perfect match-up for the final battle, and it proved to be a classic.

See all the results and details from the tournament here: http://www.lukeburrage.com/combat/tou...

Thanks to everyone who took part!

Edited by Peter

Can someone explain what its all about please?

It's a self defence mechanism to try and avoid getting eaten by predators such as dolphins and sharks.
  • Like 1

If you're gonna go Metallica....

So how much faster would it run on my phone then!

I remember doing an option in computing at uni, and my PC was just under the required specs but did the job. Gray scale monitor and a dx33!

So how much faster would it run on my phone then!

Yeah, I'm sure that there will be some version of this that will be deployed to multi-purpose phablets, and let you go from Phone-Mobile to Full-Desktop (via a dock-adaptor) - similar to the current HP-X3 or the rumoured Surface-Phone, but without the current application limitations of Windows-Mobile + Continuum. I'd be tempted to try it.

However, I see this more as giving MS something to tackle the leakage of its core base to Apple and Google, and get them back in the "consumer-pc" game.

An affordable Windows-on-ARM option, that (unlike the still-born Surface-RT) can run all the same applications as existing Windows-on-Intel systems, while providing good battery life and acceptable performance.

It won't replace i5/i7 systems for those needing higher performance and advanced features (even on the upcoming SnapDragon-835 the performance hit of an Intel emulator will still be huge) but people and businesses currently replacing low-end PCs with iPads & Chromebooks because of cost, will now have a serious alternative to consider.

Someone's Gonna complain about it

Don't know if it should be or not, but our mind was blown

• Like 1

20 hours ago, goughy said:

The chamber is impressive enough, but the experiment should be as expected.

Dave Scott did a similar demonstration on 2-Aug-1971 using a hammer and a feather... ON THE MOON

Edited by XCOM!

14 hours ago, XCOM! said:

The chamber is impressive enough, but the experiment should be as expected.

Dave Scott did a similar demonstration on 2-Aug-1971 using a hammer and a feather... ON THE MOON

Then Scott went on to win Kona several times.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, goughy said:

Yep its pretty incredible, because it goes against everything we see every day of our lives. 

I watch stuff like that and just get a silly grin on my face because it is just so cool. 

On 5/2/2017 at 1:38 PM, roxii said:

Yep its pretty incredible, because it goes against everything we see every day of our lives. 

I watch stuff like that and just get a silly grin on my face because it is just so cool. 

I watch stuff like that and think,

Fark there are some smart people out there doing really cool things I can't begin to understand.