AP

Trannies Biggest Losers Tip #9

It's time for the drugs :D

It is a proven fact that caffeine help your body to burn fat :lol:

Not frothy full cream capucinos, long blacks are best.

Not that instant crap. I mean real coffee, freshly ground :lol:

Don't take your coffee with important meals, it makes digestion less efficient.

L-Carnitine is an amino acid which assists your body to burn fat. It will help endurance performance and help to lean athlete down to race weight. Get it at most health food stores. GNC nutrition has a good one and Balance liquid L-Carnitine is a good one and can be added to drink bottles.

Congratulations to Big Chris, Plazbot and Roxii, all doing very well in the competition.

AP, what time of the day would you suggest taking L-Carnitine? Is it something that you only use coming into a race? If so, for what period?

Good to see that my short black a day gets the thumbs up too!

Bugger! Im a coffee dodger!

Looks like more hard work and deprivation for me then! :lol:

AP, what time of the day would you suggest taking L-Carnitine? Is it something that you only use coming into a race? If so, for what period?

Dr Michael Colgan in Optimum Sports Nutrition, states 1hr before exercise is best to boost performance. To burn fat off your fat bits, first thing in the morning seems to work OK. :lol:

L-Carnitine is an amino acid which assists your body to burn fat. It will help endurance performance and help to lean athlete down to race weight. Get it at most health food stores. GNC nutrition has a good one and Balance liquid L-Carnitine is a good one and can be added to drink bottles.

Here's a link to some research http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/alpha-lipoic-acid.html [Peak Performance is a publication that reviews and sumarises research in the areas of sports performance and physiology. I subscribed to this journal for a few years and it is a good one that properly references any research it quotes (so you can find it if you are a doubting Thomas like me).]

As you will see it L-Carnitine is made by the body itself and as levels decline with age it is probably more beneficial to the "older" athlete but as the research shows there is a downside but the good news is that ALA (alpha lipoic acid) can help there too to stop the increase in oxidative damage. Thats where those anti-oxidants come in.

I've used L-Carnitine in the past and it seems to work like a kick start to fat metablism, it seems to do little once it is all going but I was younger then.

Plazbot what was the brand you bought and where?