AP

Trannies Biggest Losers Tip #7

For those athletes sticking to the plan, being strict with themselves.

It's time to give your body a shock. :D

Most training programs need a slight change in direction every 6-7 weeks to keep the body responding. I never keep track sessions going longer than 6 weeks before we change to something else for a couple of weeks. Often we alternate between a block of hill work followed by a block of trackwork.

In the body fat burning game we need to do something similar. :lol:

For the next seven days, really get strict.

* No diary foods

* No wheat products

* No animal protein

* No alcohol

* No coffee

* No deep fried foods

This is the seven day detox/ shock diet. :D

IT IS ONLY SEVEN DAYS, YOU'LL HANDLE IT :lol:

Most of you are training for an Ironman at some time in the future. This seven day plan will be much easier to get through than your Ironman run.

For seven days live on salads, steamed veges, grilled and steamed fish, rice, beans and lentils. Drink lots of water and replace coffee with vegetable juices.

You'll lose more fat and you'll be jumping out of your skin at the end of the week.

I was hanging out for tip 7 AP, and you serve up this?? :lol::D

I'll be dying from starvation!! And the price of fruit and vegies, I'll be broke :lol:

But thanks :D I'll print it out and put it with the others

AP,

does oatmeal (with water) and sultanas (and a wee bit of sugar) qualify as steamed veges ??

Appreciate you taking time to put your knowledge / experience into these posts - has opened my eyes to the issues of weight management that I had been blissfully unaware of ........

Only concern I have is that the limitation of calorie intake (as opposed to the eat until you are chokka full approach) will cause some form of yo-yo esque brain malady / personality disorder

Cheers

D.

Only concern I have is that the limitation of calorie intake (as opposed to the eat until you are chokka full approach) will cause some form of yo-yo esque brain malady / personality disorder

Cheers

D.

230571[/snapback]

Only hard training and a no fear appraoch will do that mate... :lol:

So you're safe.... :lol::D

maaaate ....

we all have no doubt about your no fear approach ....... the photos we have seen of your riding kit are testimony to that ....... even if your failure to accept the smack down challenge at Busso '06 is not ........

I promise not to consume any "diary" food this week... :lol:

all tastes like paper anyway...

maybe just a couple of post it notes and a memo or 2

Lucky I fell off the wagon and am back at week two. Got four more weeks til I hit this tip. :lol: Lost 2.5kgs in two weeks back on the AP plan. Shows how much crap I was eating.

* No diary foods

* No wheat products

* No animal protein

* No alcohol

* No coffee

* No deep fried foods

This is the seven day detox/ shock diet.  :D

IT IS ONLY SEVEN DAYS, YOU'LL HANDLE IT  :lol:

230561[/snapback]

Last time I dropped caffine cold turkey (MMMmmmm turkey) I ended up taking 2 days off work suffering from severe caffine withdrawal headaches. :lol:

Might try the rest of this advice though.

Then again....maybe not :D

AP - whats your take on tinned fruit? Have been using the tinned peaches in mango purree to kill any sugar cravings when I can't get a hold of some blueberrys - I know not as good as the fresh stuff, but where ( if at all) should it fit in?

Guest Gimili

Downin my third long neck and I read this. Did give up caffiene last Thursday again and looks like the tofu and corriander sushi will get a run this week.

LOL. Based on the 3 bad meals a week, I just save all mine up for 1. Like AP says, noone ever got fat from what they eat on Sunday. The recovery time from my 30km bike/18km run brick might not agree though. Got a stack of water in so far. My old man is a bad influence on me. :D:lol::lol:

Downin my third long neck and I read this. Did give up caffiene last Thursday again and looks like the tofu and corriander sushi will get a run this week.

230683[/snapback]

Mate I will take the empties off your hands, longnecks are gold for homebrew and I'm sick of sterilising 60 stubbies at a time. have your people call my people and we'll do a liquid lunch and i'll pick up the king browns.

LOL. Based on the 3 bad meals a week, I just save all mine up for 1. Like AP says, noone ever got fat from what they eat on Sunday. The recovery time from my 30km bike/18km run brick might not agree though. Got a stack of water in so far. My old man is a bad influence on me. :D  :lol:  :D

230702[/snapback]

Ahhh yes Plazzy.. .that was an unusual session that the Y-O saw you executing... while he himself was having much pain inflicted on him by the twin tower quads of doom (JimmyC).... :lol::D

please explain...

[that was an unusual session that the Y-O saw you executing... while he himself was having much pain inflicted on him by the twin tower quads of doom (JimmyC)....  :lol:  :D

please explain...

230731[/snapback]

I didn't see you. I saw Andreas Klöden out there. Were you far from him? :D

My back wheel was remade during the week and the shop seems to have dropped the ball on actually making the spokes stay in the wheel. Had a whole stack (11 to be exact) come loose on me on the first lap. I released the back brake thinking I could just nurse it a bit but it rapidly got worse. Was a tad dangerous to ride any further. Got back to the cars and ran half a dozen laps instead seeing as I was awake and am fearing the river lap this coming weekend :lol::D . First time I have met Jimmy C and he sure does not need to go and do any squats, or curls, or crunches......

[that was an unusual session that the Y-O saw you executing... while he himself was having much pain inflicted on him by the twin tower quads of doom (JimmyC)....  :lol:  ;)

please explain...

230731[/snapback]

I didn't see you. I saw Andreas Klöden out there. Were you far from him? :D

My back wheel was remade during the week and the shop seems to have dropped the ball on actually making the spokes stay in the wheel. Had a whole stack (11 to be exact) come loose on me on the first lap. I released the back brake thinking I could just nurse it a bit but it rapidly got worse. Was a tad dangerous to ride any further. Got back to the cars and ran half a dozen laps instead seeing as I was awake and am fearing the river lap this coming weekend :lol::D . First time I have met Jimmy C and he sure does not need to go and do any squats, or curls, or crunches......

230744[/snapback]

A river loop run this w'end eh ? It's only 36 x 1km efforts mate... easy ! ;)

Sounds like an IMWA program session to me... those doing Port Macq HIM 'seek alternative brick session'...... :D

Jimmy's on the gear.. :gathering: you heard it here first..... ;)

This may be a stupid question ... but does eating Rye bread and drinking soy milk satisfy the "no wheat" and "No dairy" bits? Or is that cheating?

AP - whats your take on tinned fruit? Have been using the tinned peaches in mango purree to kill any sugar cravings when I can't get a hold of some blueberrys - I know not as good as the fresh stuff, but where ( if at all) should it fit in?

Dried fruits and tinned fruits are better than no fruits. I'd include them with breakfast, right after training. To avoid eating wheat, you could make a rice pudding to have with them with a handful of almonds on top for extra protein.

This may be a stupid question ... but does eating Rye bread and drinking soy milk satisfy the "no wheat" and "No dairy" bits? Or is that cheating?

Rye bread is fine, soy milk is also good. :lol:

Soy milk rice pudding.

2 litres soy milk

2 cups aborio rice

Sugar or maple syrup to taste

Add to saucepan, heat gradually, stirring often, till reaching the boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15-20min. Allow to cool and serve.

This is a great post workout recovery meal and doubles as a great carbo loading snack. Serve with dried peaches/apricots, soaked over night in a little water to plump and soften them.

and since when is a fish not an animal? No animal protein but you're allowed steamed fish?

I'm not a religious man but didn't God say after the great flood "eat the fishes of the sea, if they have both fins and scales. Eat the flesh of the animals as long as they have both cloven hoofs, and chew their cud. But eat not the flesh of the cohen or the swine, for they are unclean" I see a distinction between fish and animals. Maybe one of our biblical scholars will clarify this point for us. They are usually looking for a chance to show us how much they know on the subject. :lol:

...snip...

* No animal protein

...snip...

For seven days live on salads, steamed veges, grilled and steamed fish, rice, beans and lentils. Drink lots of water and replace coffee with vegetable juices.

and since when is a fish not an animal? No animal protein but you're allowed steamed fish?  :lol:

I see a distinction between fish and animals.

From my very fuzzy memory...

If you want to be pedantic... there are 2 KINGDOMS

1. Plants

2. Animals

Kingdoms are divided into Sub-Kingdoms, Phyla and then Sub-Phyla (followed by Class, Sub-Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species).

It's not until you reach the level of Sub-Phyla that you even reach "Vertebrate"

While I'm sure none of that has anything to do with what AP meant by his fish/animal distinction... we then need to ask... what of the chicken ??

*Edited just to include all quotes.

Edited by MB..