AP

Trannies Biggest Losers Tip #6

Are you eating enough in the morning to actually lose weight?

Most people with excess weight problems are not eating enough breakfast and are eating too much dinner.

You have to have enough fuel coming in to enable you to train effectively and as a consequence, lose weight. It's better for your health to TRAIN IT OFF RATHER THAN DIET IT OFF, AND YOU'LL PROBABLY GO FASTER AS A RESULT

If you start the day with exercise, and most of us do, I have to assume the participants on a Tri Chat Site weight loss program are actually triathletes.

You should start feeding early.

My feeding plan may not be perfect, but it is working for me and a similar plan works for most of my athletes. I am able to put on a few KGs over winter then burn them off when I want them off.

My following routine may help someone look at their own in a different light.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wed 4-10-06 -

wake 4.30am -

2 raw eggs beaten up with cup of apple juice - bike 2hrs - run 20min - 1 can solo - 4 weetbix with 4 scoops Opti - 1 handfull almonds - 1tspn collustrom

Work, light manual - lunch 2 egg and lettuce sandwiches

mid afternoon - nut delight bar

Dinner - 1 glass red wine - 1 handful pistachios - salad and spagetti bolognese

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thurs 5-10-06

Wake 4.30 am

4 weetbix - 4 scoops Opti - collustrom - 1 handful almonds

5.30am - 7am coaching - swim 3000m - 1 bottle softdrink - Soy milk smoothie - 4 scoops Opti, 1 handfull almonds, flax seed oil, collustrom -

light manual work - late lunch - salad roll - macadamia bar

Dinner - 1 glass red wine - pistachios - quiche and salad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope by showing what I, at 72/73kg and 58yrs eats in a day, and the order I eat it. I may help others structure their eating plan.

Any fruit going down with that lot AP?? Isn't it supposed to be part of a balanced diet as well as a good source of some quick carbs for an active bod?

A bit of fruit with brekkie maybe?

And my tip is don't eat out in London :lol:

I'll be getting back to all these tips when I get home AP - I have to get serious about losing some weight then - I just miss a plate of steamed vegies!! (and Melbourne water!)

AP....question/s

The morning thing......eating when u get up before exercise.

I do one of three things.

1. (3 times a week) i get up at 5am, drink a glass of water and go for a 2 hour walk/run/walk...but mainly walk. Fruit salad fresh with Yoplait Vanilla original yoghart.

2. (1 to 2 times a week) i get up at 5am, piece of toast, plain, drink a glass of water, gel shot then go for a 1 hour swim. Fruit salad fresh with Yoplait Vanilla original yoghart and more water.

3. (2 to 3 times a week) sleep in til the kids wake, usually 7.30, get them breakfast, showered, school and then eat myself at 9am, weetbix, cows milk and apricots, go to work at 10.

In the first 2 cases, i always feel fine, but the swimming takes its toll around mid arvo. See anything wrong with those above....should i be adding, subtracting, moving meals??

cheers in advance.

Paulie

egg sandwhichs AP? might be ok for your health but not good for your safety if you have to get in any elevators. also what is with the soft drink? there have been studies that have shown that corn syrup/fructose can impair fat metabolism. sorry just nit picking the rest is pretty damn good and as a whole the soft drink isnt bad for you i'm just picking at it from the fat metabolism angle, i can see the positive side of it as a high GI recovery drink. I go milk for my recovery drink.

AP I didn't know you were back on the raw egg and apple juice thing ?? Did I miss that memo ????

Just doing a loose calc of calories in my head Al, are you sure you're actually eating enough calories?

I reckon i'd eat your daily intake by lunchtime, easily....

Speaking of Endura and their products.... YoYo tried the new Endura Pineapple flavour last night....

Not bad ! :lol:

Still has that sort of natty after taste though, like the other Endura flavours, prob due to the high levels of magnesium i'm guessing.....

But definitely a 'different' flavour for those long days in the saddle ! Quite refreshing....

Also noticed that they have Endura in the big size "Opti" tubs now - but only in the Lemon-llime flavour...

Where you mention 4 scoops opti, are you mixing that on water and using it as a milk substitute?

I put it on top of the weet-bix with the collustrom and almonds and pour the soy milk over it. It makes weet-bix taste better. :lol:

Just doing a loose calc of calories in my head Al, are you sure you're actually eating enough calories?

At your age Yo-Yo, you'd be just wasting food, young guys like you often just turn food into shit :D

In the first 2 cases, i always feel fine, but the swimming takes its toll around mid arvo. See anything wrong with those above....should i be adding, subtracting, moving meals??

It looks like you'd be getting hungry mid morning? The next meal should have a decent amount of protein to stabilise blood sugar levels and carry you through the rest of the day. I'd try increasing the size of the breakfast to see how the energy levels work out.

Any fruit going down with that lot AP?? Isn't it supposed to be part of a balanced diet as well as a good source of some quick carbs for an active bod?

Yes, those two days were a bit short on fruit, I often carry a container of dates, dried peaches, dried apricots and almonds when I'm out on a job through the day. You can't buy much nutritious from a corner store. Usually I'll have some fresh fruit as an afternoon snack. I try to eat nuts with the fruit to stabilise my blood sugar level after the snack.

Raw eggs and apple juice...Yo Rocky how do you drink that without gagging?

It's not so bad, a pinch of sea salt makes it taste better. My guru put me onto them for hormone levels, the eggs have to be raw. :lol: don't ask me to explain how it works, try it, if it works, do it, if it doesn't, don't argue :D

At your age Yo-Yo, you'd be just wasting food, young guys like you often just turn food into shit 

Is that the scientific explanation ......?

Do you turn your food into gold bars or something...?

Energy and HARDNESS my boy :lol::lol:

AP I didn't know you were back on the raw egg and apple juice thing ?? Did I miss that memo ????

229122[/snapback]

Ditto this. I eat more than AP does and even though I'm younger I'm sturggling to keep the weight on. :lol:

Now about these raw eggs......isn't there a bacteria or something that you can get from eating raw eggs??? I know back in the days of Arnie it was all the rage but it's even booed in the body building world now.

Energy and HARDNESS my boy :lol::D

229165[/snapback]

Fiesty told me that you got your hardness from those new blue vitamin tablets the doc gave you.....? :lol::D

• Like 1

My guru put me onto them for hormone levels, the eggs have to be raw.  don't ask me to explain how it works, try it, if it works, do it, if it doesn't, don't argue 

I eat more than AP does and even though I'm younger I'm sturggling to keep the weight on.

Your digestive process may be stuffed or your eating stuff your system doesnt agree with thus rejecting/ejecting however you want to look at it

I used to pump out more crap and bad air when I ate things that didnt work for my system. You cant put 89 octane into a 98 octane motor

Edited by Jimmy C

You cant put 89 octane into a 98 octane motor

Chookie, Jimmy's right, you might be putting diesel in a Ferrari, or high octane in a Landcruiser diesel ;)

Are you a guy or a girl :lol:

Chookie sounds like a chicky :D

I was a workaholic from 18 to 38, I made a bit of money but I weighed the same for all those years. Like a drover's dog. :D

When I took my foot off the accelerator, after an ulcer, I was able to put a bit of weight on. :D

I have coached people who can live on beer and pizza and not gain weight, they're like fox terriers, they'll never get fat.

It's not a bad thing, it could be stress, it could be genetics (what does your dad and mum look like) it could be food intollerances. :lol:

AP, you're right; I'm a chick.

I eat a mainly clean diet. Oats, rice, vegies, fruit, chicken, eggs, beans, lentils, red meat twice/week. Have just added a wee bit of yoghurt & cottage cheese back into the mix after not eating dairy for many years. Fav meal is still pizza with a glass of red but may have that once a month. There's nothing I don't eat.....I just prefer eating stuff that doesn't come out of a packet.

We can rule genetics out. :lol:

We can rule stress out.

Hyperactive we can count though. :lol:

Hyperactive we can count though. 

You gonna be able to sit still for long enough tonight then? :lol:

Hyperactive we can count though.

That'll do it :lol:

What size are you?

Height, weight, age, Hair colour, star sign, fantasies :lol::D

Chookie has goen to beautify herself for the hammer seminar tonight :lol:

If you're there, whatever you do... don't accept her challenge of an arm wrestle... :D:lol:

stress and stomach ulcers?? least your training is a little more informed, 80% of them are from helicobacter pylori, and the other 20% are associated with NSAIDS impairing the production of the mucus lining of your stomach.

hehe prob a similiar chance to nando's OHD :lol:

did i tell you of the time i ate three salad rolls and 45 mins later downed 4 whoppers hehehe.