AP

Trannies Biggest Losers Tip #3

By this stage of the competition we should be into some sort of eating pattern :lol:

Three meals per week of what you want to eat.

Now it's time to eat lollies and chocolates and still lose weight :lol::D:D

Eighteen meals per week of high vege content meals without deep fried foods, icecream, cookies and soft drinks. :D

We're taking care to help our digestion efficiency by including foods with the enzymes which help digestion, red wine, cider vinegar and rice vinegar.

With this simple eating plan, athletes can help the kilos melt away with increased activity. (we are all athletes and can burn more calories than our sedentry workmates) ;)

Going long always burns those extra calories.

It doesn't have to be very hard, it doesn't have to cause any more risk to joints ect. ;)

Three times per week, increase the duration of a workout by 30% :o

This can be done by adding two of your scheduled workouts together eg. bike two hours and run for 40min, all easy. Putting the run right after the bike rather than at another part of the day makes a significant increase to the energy burned. The whole run is fat burning rather than just the last 20min if it's done on it's own as a separate workout. ;)

Another great opportunity for fat burning is right after your long run. eg. If your long run is 1hr 40min, as soon as the run is done, start a long walk of half the time taken in the run. 100min run + 50min walk at a brisk pace (50%HR)

Even a 150min run followed by a 50min run will keep your body burning fat long after the pounding has finished. :gathering:

When adding extra walking to your long workout, be organised with fuel and water for the extra walk. You will still be burning fat while eating lollies or chocolates, in fact this is the best time to eat them. No guilt needed. ;):drunk::gathering:

You could call this the happy walk, only eat what you can hold in one handful, stick to the rule "one handfull of treats for each 50min walk at the end of a workout"

Edited by Bourne

Guest Gimili
By this stage of the competition we should be into some sort of eating pattern  :lol:

Three meals per week of what you want to eat.

Now it's time to eat lollies and chocolates and still lose weight  :lol:  :D  :D

Eighteen meals per week of high vege content meals without deep fried foods, icecream, cookies and soft drinks.  :D

We're taking care to help our digestion efficiency by including foods with the enzymes which help digestion, red wine, cider vinegar and rice vinegar.

With this simple eating plan, athletes can help the kilos melt away with increased activity. (we are all athletes and can burn more calories than our sedentry workmates)  ;)

Going long always burns those extra calories.

It doesn't have to be very hard, it doesn't have to cause any more risk to joints ect. ;)

Three times per week, increase the duration of a workout by 30%  :o

This can be done by adding two of your scheduled workouts together eg. bike two hours and run for 40min, all easy. Putting the run right after the bike rather than at another part of the day makes a significant increase to the energy burned. The whole run is fat burning rather than just the last 20min if it's done on it's own as a separate workout.  ;)

Another great opportunity for fat burning is right after your long run. eg. If your long run is 1hr 40min, as soon as the run is done, start a long walk of half the time taken in the run. 100min run + 50min walk at a brisk pace (50%HR)

Even a 150min run followed by a 50min run will keep your body burning fat long after the pounding has finished.  :gathering:

When adding extra walking to your long workout, be organised with fuel and water for the extra walk. You will still be burning fat while eating lollies or chocolates, in fact this is the best time to eat them. No guilt needed.  ;)  :drunk:  :gathering:

You could call this the happy walk, only eat what you can hold in one handful, stick to the rule "one handfull of treats for each 50min walk at the end of a workout"

225779[/snapback]

Nice.

What's your view on mothers milk - Beer. How many, when, where etc?

It sounds so easy, I thought that exercising and not eating as much as usual would get the kilos off. But I'm now with you...a handful of treats on a walk...sounds too good to be true.

What's your view on mothers milk - Beer. How many, when, where etc?

Gimili9,

Who was your mother Mrs Boag, Mrs Castlemain or Mrs Perkins :lol:

I'd save them up for your treats/optional meals, a couple here and there won't hurt. Remember it's not what you do 10% of the time that shapes the athlete you are. It's what you do 90% of the time that does it. :D

It sounds so easy, I thought that exercising and not eating as much as usual would get the kilos off. But I'm now with you...a handful of treats on a walk...sounds too good to be true.

That is basically the formular but we have to make it enjoyable or we won't stick to it. If it was easy, everybody would be lean, athletic animals. The first 20min of any workout is really only the warmup, after that, if we keep the intensity down (50-70%) we start to burn fat. The longer we go once we get into that zone, the more we burn. In order to keep going after about 2hrs we need to take on some fuel/sugar. It can be fruit, lollies or even chocolate for the chocoholics. :lol:

Hmmm, some really interesting tips here !!

I've only joined here not so long ago, so I'm not in the Biggest Loser Competition, but I could certainly do with a few kilos less on race day !!

Now, first step for that would be to get some scales... my question is, are those bodyfat scales really any better than just the normal ones ??

I'm not sure what I should get.

Any tips appreciated.

Who was your mother Mrs Boag, Mrs Castlemain or Mrs Perkins

:D:D

Well I hope it doesn't matter that the 3 Darrell Lea aniseed rings were last night and the walk is tomorrow :D Ah, will make up for it walking in Italy next week and the next :lol::lol: