Sign in to follow this  
AP

Trannies Biggest Losers Tip #1

Now wouldn't this be a good instance for you AP to do something productive for a change, as a coach/trainer you should/could sponsor it yourself, with your knowledge you could write up a basic dietry & training program etc.

Might be a good thing rather than critisize people for not trying or being overweight etc. as you have done in the past. Why don't you help? you started the ball rolling.

After all isn't there trainers used in the biggest looser program??

To start the journey - each week we eat 21 meals (average) :D

It's too much to ask someone who has developed bad eating habits to eat 21 meals totally made up of Dave Scott's diet ;)

Let's set out to eat like Dave Scott (no deep fried stuff, no hi animal fat foods, no cookies) for 18 meals each week. :D

The other three meals - eat what you like (this will keep you sane) :lol:

Sound too simple - it is simple - it's not what you eat on Sundays that makes you fat, it's what you eat every other day that does it :lol:

So lesson # 1 - eat like Dave for six days - eat like yourself for one day :D

And YoYo's HOTtter than HOT tip is.....

Keep it real man...

If you can give that extra 1percenter and eat 19 meals like D. Scott..... you're ahead of the game bbbuuooooyyy...! :lol:

There no McDonalds within 50 miles of Dave Scotts house. He lives out in the middle of nowhere

I bet he'd gobble a few more Macs if it were round the corner

Let's set out to eat like Dave Scott

Isn't he the guy who did that "rinsed cottage cheese" BS ??

I've spoken to Dave Scott, very briefly, and he always reminds me of that guy in "Happy Gilmore" -- you know, the 'golf-is-zen' guy that tells him how the ball wants to go home, and all he needs to do is send it on its way... :lol:

And his buddy, Mark Allen... well, he talks to snakes.

Sorry, but these guys are just too "out there" for me.

Weight loss is not rocket science -- Calories Consumed vs. Calories Expended.

The bit that's tricky is finding what your consumption level should be, and maximising the "diet-quality" of your calories.

Of course... this is very much a "do what I say" kind of post... as my own weight is outta control right now. :lol:

Can I just add something too.

For those on the heavier side, if you know you have a trigger food, keep away from it.

If you drink a lot of diet softdrink try and cut back. Even though they have no calories you will notice a difference in your weight if you cut these back.

If you feel like you are getting nowhere in your weightloss CalorieKing.com.au is only $49 (less for consecutive years) a year and has a whole data base of food with calorie, fat, carb, protien etc breakdown. You can track your progress including BMI and have meal plans set if you need them. There is also a diet diary function. Forget the forums though. They suck. (Too much crap being spoken. Worse than here. :lol: )

Hope that helps.

Ronnie

Forget the forums though.  They suck. (Too much crap being spoken.  Worse than here.  :lol: )

223433[/snapback]

Is that possible????

Personally I've cut down on the amount of processed sugar that in my diet. Far too many biscuits, cakes, slices, "real" coke cola, ice cream, and beer and rum.

BTW no training today. House Ape #2 5th Brithday party today :lol:

Definatley true AJ.

I got copmlacent for a while and was on my way back to my bad habits but have nipped them in the bud early enough. Alcohol is not my friend.

I went for my first run in 3 weeks today. Not pretty. 70k ride in the am.

Your house apes birthday party. My 17th wedding anniversary.

Ronnie

It has to be simple :lol:

People make everything too complex, we have to change your habits :D

How long did it take to develop the eating habits that are not working for you?

We have to work at changing something small every week. :lol:

This is not a diet, it's a change of lifestyle :D we're going to simply change one thing at a time :D

Most of us know how we should use food in our lives, we simply need to move slowly in that direction.

Giving yourself 3 meals per week where we can have what we want will make the others easier to take.

You must eat like an athlete to become one.

So you need to be aware of some protein in every meal, you'll need to have enough complex carbs in your diet to do the training. Get them from veges where possible.

I have had great success in reducing athletes weight over the years by having them cut out wheat and diary foods for a month. It takes some thinking but it's easy after a while. Mainly rice, fish and vege based.

Good luck

I understand most of what you are saying AP and it is stuff that I have worked hard to change over the last 12 months.

It's the training and being hungry all the time that I've had trouble with for the last 16 weeks.

When I have more time I will PM you with a couple of ??'s if that's ok with you.

Ronnie

have had great success in reducing athletes weight over the years by having them cut out wheat and diary foods for a month. It takes some thinking but it's easy after a while. Mainly rice, fish and vege based.

This is interesting AP. For me the worst things are the starchy carbs, processed foods and breads and bakes stuff. I've never drunk soft drinks much, so that isn't an issue and don't have ice-cream in the house. Years ago when I did a very successful diet (the maintenance program didn't have enough structure and that's where it went wrong) it had no starchy carbs and I got my flat stomach back!

It would be interesting to see how many people modify their diets vs just upping the exercise, cos I reckon a lot of the blokes are just able to up their training and it falls off, whereas for women it's often so much harder to lose that way and more food related.

Planning ahead what you will eat is vital to avoid snacking too.

Hey Ronnie, 70kms is a great ride - good on you and happy anniversay to you and Brett. Today is 29 years since our first date - how do I know, cos Muz is watching the Sandown 500! :lol:

Sorry to get off topic :lol:

It would be interesting to see how many people modify their diets vs just upping the exercise, cos I reckon a lot of the blokes are just able to up their training and it falls off, whereas for women it's often so much harder to lose that way and more food related.

223534[/snapback]

I agree FL, when I upped my training for IM my weight stayed pretty much the same. :lol:

Tricia.

There are so many things that affects an individuals metabolism.......gender, age, muscle %.....

I think it's more important that you listen to your body and follow the feedback it is constantly giving you. Throw the diets in the bin, make good eating part of your lifestyle, look at the mirror not the scales. If you don't like what the mirror's telling you or you aren't firing on all cylinders.......change something!

It does take time to work out what is best for you. But keep at it and the more finely tuned your body becomes the easier it will become to know what it's telling you.

I am gonna give the "AP Ironman 18.21" diet (or lifestyle change) a run starting today. I only want to drop 4 more kegs (79 to 75) so I haven't joined the other challenge. I will report back soon. Sounds a simple enough theory. Only 3 crap meals a week will be a vast improvement, but doable I think.

Diamonds

P.S. Sultana Bran, kiwi fruit and yoghurt for brekkie so still 3 drive-thru's left for the week.

Good luck Diamonds

Make sure you have protein in every meal, it will help to stop the craving between meals.

Taking a couple of boiled eggs, small cans of baked beans or a couple of little cans of tuna to work can lift your protein intake in a meal when it's difficult get enough protein from the snack bars.

If you have a small container of raw almonds with dried fruits at work it allows you to have a balanced (protein/carbs) snack on hand, a lot better than a snickers bar. :lol:

Taking a couple of boiled eggs, small cans of baked beans or a couple of little cans of tuna to work can lift your protein intake in a meal when it's difficult get enough protein from the snack bars.

223642[/snapback]

And a can of air freshener :lol:

223642[/snapback]

And a can of air freshener :D

223644[/snapback]

Be sure to make it the Glen20 surface dissinfectant spray as well.. just in case you strike oil... :lol::D

To Give you an insight into what the A to the P is talking about... let's take a tour through the Y-O's drawers here at work...... okay here's what we've got to get me and Dave Scott thru the day/week.....

1 Loaf of Helgas Mixed Grain bread (last week was Burgen with pumpkin seeds-awesome!)

2 avocados

3 tomatoes

3 apples

2 mandarins

Peppermint tea

green tea

vitamin C/Multi Vitamins

salt & pepper

nutella

honey

vegemite

peanut butter (Man strength super crunchy :lol: )

A few cuppa soup samples i got given at the train station

Box of oats

Tub of Protein powder

let's take a tour through the Y-O's drawers here at work...... Box of oats

Tub of Protein powder

223645[/snapback]

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. And are you really? :lol:

Tub of Protein powder

Which protein powder do you use?

YoYo's original protein supp review

Currently I am using "PVL Whey Pro Elite 80". Choc Flavour. 2kg tub $71 from GNC (Gold Member price). It's pretty good stuff, tatses good with just water and like a choclate milkshake if you feel inclined ot mix with milk...

1 Loaf of Helgas Mixed Grain bread (last week was Burgen with pumpkin seeds-awesome!)

2 avocados

3 tomatoes

3 apples

2 mandarins

Peppermint tea

green tea

vitamin C/Multi Vitamins

salt & pepper

nutella

honey

vegemite

peanut butter (Man strength super crunchy  )

Box of oats

Tub of Protein powder

With a pantry like Yo-Yo's, who'd go hungry if you were trapped in the building for a couple of days. :lol:

I often work out on sites, I do some small landscaping or renovation jobs, my glove box always has almonds, dried fruits and "nut delight" bars for that mid afternoon snack to keep the blood sugar levels up. :lol:

With a pantry like Yo-Yo's, who'd go hungry if you were trapped in the building for a couple of days. :lol:

I often work out on sites, I do some small landscaping or renovation jobs, my glove box always has almonds, dried fruits and "nut delight" bars for that mid afternoon snack to keep the blood sugar levels up.  :D

223654[/snapback]

yah... Micky Schumacher doesn't just dust off the Ferrari F1 on a saturday morning and expect it to be performing to the max..... all week it's diagnostics, TLC, tweaks, mods, testing..... run the tank dry, lose detonation and burn out an O-ring or snap a piston... ! That ain't cool... :lol:

Be like Dave Scott, or Be like Mike - he doesn't fill his Ferrari with diesel :D niether should you :D

223642[/snapback]

And a can of air freshener :D

223644[/snapback]

Be sure to make it the Glen20 surface dissinfectant spray as well.. just in case you strike oil... :lol::D

To Give you an insight into what the A to the P is talking about... let's take a tour through the Y-O's drawers here at work...... okay here's what we've got to get me and Dave Scott thru the day/week.....

2 avocados

3 tomatoes

3 apples

2 mandarins

Peppermint tea

green tea

vitamin C/Multi Vitamins

salt & pepper

nutella

honey

vegemite

peanut butter (Man strength super crunchy :D )

Box of oats

Tub of Protein powder

223645[/snapback]

How large are your f'ing drawers ? :lol:

2 avocados

3 tomatoes

3 apples

2 mandarins

Peppermint tea

green tea

vitamin C/Multi Vitamins

salt & pepper

nutella

honey

vegemite

peanut butter (Man strength super crunchy  )

Box of oats

Tub of Protein powder

I often work out on sites, I do some small landscaping or renovation jobs, my glove box always has almonds, dried fruits and "nut delight" bars for that mid afternoon snack to keep the blood sugar levels up. :lol:

223654[/snapback]

But I usually give them a miss and go for a pie at 11am with a pack of chips on the way home :D But only when concreting as those days are tough.....

How large are your f'ing drawers ?  :lol:

223675[/snapback]

I have just ordered a new set to actually put work related materials into..... :lol::D