Sign in to follow this  
detai

10 Q's with The Grinch

G Train, can't let this little gem of a thread die too early.

Question for ya -

A HUGE PB in the pool this morning at Benno's killer squad for the G Train over 1 km, picking up prize money for placing with the big fellas at the Footscray CC, a big challenge this week to GO HARD at the WSTC duathlon and finally stick it as far up Beaker as you can.... Where is all this leading?

How do you rate your training form in preparation for Kona? I can see something special is happening right in front of us, what's your take on this?

Matty

Guest The Grinch
G Train, can't let this little gem of a thread die too early.

Question for ya -

A HUGE PB in the pool this morning at Benno's killer squad for the G Train over 1 km, picking up prize money for placing with the big fellas at the Footscray CC, a big challenge this week to GO HARD at the WSTC duathlon and finally stick it as far up Beaker as you can.... Where is all this leading?

How do you rate your training form in preparation for Kona? I can see something special is happening right in front of us, what's your take on this?

Matty

206818[/snapback]

Matty - you're a dag! I say that with affection.

Pool PB due to fact I hung on to your feet the whole way. Couldn't have happened if I'd led but chuffed all the same.

Not sure if winning 10 bucks in Footscray D Grade should be noted as a TDF stage win.

Can't say I'll be sticking it up Beaks this Sunday as GSP may have inserted Gimli up there already.

Training? Rolling along like The Ghan. Toot toot :lol:

I'll match your winnings from Footscray if you can roast Beaker's hide (that would make him an orangutang) AND rub it in this Sunday!! Matty, care to up the stakes??

I'll match your winnings from Footscray if you can roast Beaker's hide (that would make him an orangutang) AND rub it in this Sunday!!  Matty, care to up the stakes??

206890[/snapback]

Be warned, I now have a RED bike...

Guest The Grinch

Crumbs! Not sure if I'll be racing. Program says 'no'. We'll see if I'm still walking after Saturday morning's flogging.

Guest The Grinch

Only one that is top priority is Yeppoon but alas, no cash here! Will depend on lottery win (all donations welcome). They'll be some Geelong cross country's in a month or so and the Footscray cycling Queens b'day 3 day tour (yikes). I anticipate a lonely 3 days.

the Footscray cycling Queens b'day 3 day tour (yikes).

Lucky Grinch, you get to ride up this - The big hill (sorry, the photo doesn't do it justice, just make sure you have a good granny gear)

Sh*t, if that's the hill I think it is...one of the toughest I've been up (or not, as the case was). 150m ascent in ~1km = ~15%. It is seriously steep. Take your hiking boots so you can push your bike up.

I'll match your winnings from Footscray if you can roast Beaker's hide (that would make him an orangutang) AND rub it in this Sunday!!  Matty, care to up the stakes??

206890[/snapback]

Right on GSP, I'll throw another 10er into the G-Train Kona fund when she SPANKS Beaker on Sunday. Every little bit helps :lol:

Beaker, you'll need more than a new red bike, white bar tape and white arm warmers to beat the might of the G Train. Time to toughen up & stop having lattes and choccy croisants at Cafe Racer.

If that's the hill I think it is in Maxy's photo it'd be Mt. Wallace. The Hell of the West ends up top as well as the Womans world cup race a few years back. An absolute gem of a climb that is steep enough to hurt and short enough to stuff your rhythm. Bring it on !!

Is it near Lethbridge?

The hill is at Rowsley and is seriously steep ! I've only ever ridden down it.

Bump.

Yes Grinchy is gone but we all know she's still around.

I just stumbled across this beauty and think it should be added to the 10 Q's. I'll PM you Trev if you miss this bump.

fezza and I met her at Woolies in Busso 08 and she is the real deal :lol:

promised to smack her on the bum as I passed her in the marathon, never got close enough :lol:

still see Grinch from time to time when dow nthe coast or when she makes an appearance at a WSTC race. Still fast and fit. Those who race Triman next year may see her in action.

Some updated facts about the G train. She is now over the big four zero and recently found her first grey hair........................ She is still fast.

And will always be a beautiful soul x

Rubbish.... She's a nasty old bat with a mean streak in her as wide as Otters paunch.... She has tried to kill me on several occasions and partially succeeded in 2009...