Sign in to follow this  
Kamal2

Ten Questions With AP

1. AP, mate, lets take a quick look at the credentials first. You are a full time Tri coach based on the GC (or Brisbane). How many athletes do you have training with you at any given time?

2. AP, I think it's correct that you stood on the podium at Forster, Taupo & Kona, one of the few to do that. What was your best performance so far?

3. AP, if you had a kid in training and he looked like a young Macca on the way up, would you refer him to a higher level coach? How far would you take him before letting him go solo pro, or refer him elsewhere?

4. AP, earlier there was at least one AP impersonator here and on Ozchat. At that time there was confusion, did you think it was funny at that time? How about now?

5. AP, mate, there are a lot of expensive nutritional, dietary & vitamin supplements on the market. Despite the cost, do you recommend anything in particular during base training?

6. AP, I think you are 57 or 58 now. Where do you see yourself, competition wise in 10-12 years, let's say at age 70.

7. AP, mate, Transitions forum gets a bit of stick on other sites. How do you view the forum as a Tri informational site?

8. AP, Yo Yo's in the squad, what does he bring to the table as an athlete?

9. AP, optional answer here, do you let people join the squad and train free, let's say as a guest or someone out for a spin just wants to join in?

10. AP, I'm calling you a Tri guru, but some of your stuff maybe labelled unorthodox. Having said that who is your role model in the sport & where do you get your ideas from?

Thanks AP, looking forward to hearing from you.

I'm flattered to be chosen up here with Gunther, I guess this means, I've made it.

:lol::D

1. AP, mate, lets take a quick look at the credentials first. You are a full time Tri coach based on the GC (or Brisbane). How many athletes do you have training with you at any given time?

A - Based in Brisbane, at this time of year (off season) I have only got around 20 athletes of full programs, our club has 60-70 members many of whom are maintaining there fitness by attending the odd group session or chasing other goals.

2. AP, I think it's correct that you stood on the podium at Forster, Taupo & Kona, one of the few to do that. What was your best performance so far?

A - My personal best in Forster was 94, 9.56 when I was 40-44, best in Hawaii was 99, 10.20, third in 50-54.

3. AP, if you had a kid in training and he looked like a young Macca on the way up, would you refer him to a higher level coach? How far would you take him before letting him go solo pro, or refer him elsewhere?

A - Coaches wait for a young Macca to come through the door, where would John Carew be if Kieran Perkins hadn't walked through his door? I'm ready for him, in fact I may already have him on my books. I have a young guy who reached the podium in his first Hawaii, I have another who is faster then him who has only done one IM.

4. AP, earlier there was at least one AP impersonator here and on Ozchat. At that time there was confusion, did you think it was funny at that time? How about now?

I really did. I think the greatest compliment is to be copied. :lol: On the other hand, if your going to take the piss out of others, you have to expect it yourself. :D

5. AP, mate, there are a lot of expensive nutritional, dietary & vitamin supplements on the market. Despite the cost, do you recommend anything in particular during base training?

A -- Tresos B (multi vitamin) --- flax seed oil --- Blackmores slow release vit C --- O'Neils Q10 --- Every morning and night

6. AP, I think you are 57 or 58 now. Where do you see yourself, competition wise in 10-12 years, let's say at age 70.

A -- My mother is 78 and still runs everywhere she goes, she dances 5-6 days a week, so I think I may have her genes. My hero is Lew Hollander, he placed 2nd in Hawaii last year and was pissed off with that.

7. AP, mate, Transitions forum gets a bit of stick on other sites. How do you view the forum as a Tri informational site?

A -- I think there is some great infomation to be gained from here, I would like to see the guys who are giving it, tell us whether they read about it in a book or actually practice it and show us some of the results they have got. It may give some real value to the info.

A -- My friend Yo-Yo, he has put some respectable results of the ground. Sub ten hour IMs and a 3.24 run. I believe he has more to show, he needs to be a little more (East German) in his attitude.

9. AP, optional answer here, do you let people join the squad and train free, let's say as a guest or someone out for a spin just wants to join in?

A -- Everybody gets first session free, that's it, I have to eat too. There is no charge for our weekend rides/runs but you have to be a club member (Cycos) We can't be responsible for anyone who rolls up and rides with us.

10. AP, I'm calling you a Tri guru, but some of your stuff maybe labelled unorthodox. Having said that who is your role model in the sport & where do you get your ideas from?

A -- A long time ago I used to ask Peter Reaburn at Qld Uni for the answers to lots of my questions. I got lots of good scientific info from him but started to ask questions he didn't have answers for. He then told me that the "real laborotory" is out in the field, where we are, trying things. If something we (the coaches) do works, then someone in a white dust coat does a study on it, proves it does work?

The writes a paper on it.

I started speaking to everybody who was successful in this sport and everybody who coached them. I have no one role model but I do believe Brett Sutton is the greatest triathlon coach in the World and any one who questions that is obviously not aware of his results.

3:23 AP ! Don't sell me short ya' mongrel ! No discounts here........... :D:lol:

Ja next jahre I vill be being crushing the marinara like der kaiser ja farking.........

Thanks AP, very good answers.

Yo Yo, did you miss training again, :lol: I'm recording your log in times, ok? :D

Herr Yo-Yo is a scorpio ;)

You can always catch them :lol: even if it's only a minute for bait :D:lol::D

Ya, Ya Yo-Yo

hahaha F-en Smartarse Pitman.... :lol:

Kamal, no way - YoYo was out on the road this morning..!

A -- My friend Yo-Yo, he has put some respectable results of the ground. Sub ten hour IMs and a 3.24 run. I believe he has more to show, he needs to be a little more (East German) in his attitude.

Are you not taking your 'supplements' Yoyo? :lol:

Ever since Frenchie got busted it's been tuff...

But i'm on 'em now and i am ON FIRE.... sort of..... which means i'm not i guess... but it's going okay...... :lol::D i think......

Edited by yoyo

I had no idea... Thanks for giving me a bit more insight AP. Being a message board you really have no idea of peoples background.

yeh AP.... you left out the rainbow drops/cats claw

There was no question regarding whether one should cart around a gut full of parasites or be clean and fast. :D:lol::D

Maybe these guys are not enlightened enough for somethings :lol:

For a little as $8 a day you can be a thorn in AP's side as well.

The caustic soda enemas and gerbil cleansings are so bad once you get used to it.

Its the running on broken glass and molten lava that I still havent got a taste for

My missus is a naturopath and she has got me on tressos b, Flaxseed, antioxidant, glucosamine chondroiton. All good shit

202912[/snapback]

Yeah, I reckon that stuff would go right through you. So you probably do lay a pretty good one after a couple of doses of that! :lol::D:lol:

AP, interesting answers, thanks for taking it seriously.

Alan. Question 3. What happened to those young guns you referred to over 6 years ago?

AP, per request you are up for another round of 10 Q's. Which may appear in 1-2 days.

I'm flattered to be chosen up here with Gunther, I guess this means, I've made it.

:):)

A - Based in Brisbane, at this time of year (off season) I have only got around 20 athletes of full programs, our club has 60-70 members many of whom are maintaining there fitness by attending the odd group session or chasing other goals.

A - My personal best in Forster was 94, 9.56 when I was 40-44, best in Hawaii was 99, 10.20, third in 50-54.

A - Coaches wait for a young Macca to come through the door, where would John Carew be if Kieran Perkins hadn't walked through his door? I'm ready for him, in fact I may already have him on my books. I have a young guy who reached the podium in his first Hawaii, I have another who is faster then him who has only done one IM.

I really did. I think the greatest compliment is to be copied. :blush: On the other hand, if your going to take the piss out of others, you have to expect it yourself. :blush:

A -- Tresos B (multi vitamin) --- flax seed oil --- Blackmores slow release vit C --- O'Neils Q10 --- Every morning and night

A -- My mother is 78 and still runs everywhere she goes, she dances 5-6 days a week, so I think I may have her genes. My hero is Lew Hollander, he placed 2nd in Hawaii last year and was pissed off with that.

A -- I think there is some great infomation to be gained from here, I would like to see the guys who are giving it, tell us whether they read about it in a book or actually practice it and show us some of the results they have got. It may give some real value to the info.

A -- Everybody gets first session free, that's it, I have to eat too. There is no charge for our weekend rides/runs but you have to be a club member (Cycos) We can't be responsible for anyone who rolls up and rides with us.

A -- A long time ago I used to ask Peter Reaburn at Qld Uni for the answers to lots of my questions. I got lots of good scientific info from him but started to ask questions he didn't have answers for. He then told me that the "real laborotory" is out in the field, where we are, trying things. If something we (the coaches) do works, then someone in a white dust coat does a study on it, proves it does work?

The writes a paper on it.

I started speaking to everybody who was successful in this sport and everybody who coached them. I have no one role model but I do believe Brett Sutton is the greatest triathlon coach in the World and any one who questions that is obviously not aware of his results.

Question 3.