All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. softy

Spring Classics

It was a great finish! I thought either Fuslang or Allaphillippe had it with 1k to go. Never give up alright.
  3. hehe small world, that was where I lived (IIRC, 147 Burns Bay Rd). He used to tell me stories about tri and cycling and I got the impression he worked in the industry at some point?
  4. Yep Nic Reed. We started outside his unit block (next to the LC Bowling Club) on Saturday mornings. I started in 89 but they had been going since I think about 1983. Nick not only had the dodgy arm and the leg too. I believe as a result of Polio as kid. He did the very first Forster in 1985 and I think even the MMM. Amazing athlete...well ahead of his time and a great bloke too. I last saw him as I ran past in Port a few years ago.
  5. Is that Nick reed with the dodgy arm? He used to live in my block on Burns Bay Rd. I used to ride with a group called Club Anglaise which started at LC. We used to head through Military Rd, up Pittwater Road and then the Akuna Bay and stop at the old Bonds Nursery (before they changed it). I hated the ride back to LC via Mona Vale road though as by that time, Johnny Redneck had surfaced.
  6. Finally went out for a ride but had to cut it short at about 60 due to a noisy "pedal" getting worse.... (the little globs on the right are glue because I had a little transparent decal there to cut down of "shoe scuff")
  7. John Farnham moment is : https://www.seniorsnews.com.au/news/who-cares-if-you-are-doing-john-farnham-long-he/3283510/
  8. Saturday, I will start at St Ives with the Northern Suburbs tri Club at 06:30am. They are heading through Bobbin head and to Brooklyn and return which will pretty much cover the same route (between Mt Colah and pie in the Sky). Your probably looking at 4 hours from Chatswood and 90-100 km. If keen, I can ride to Chatswood first and pick you up at around 5:45 (it's light by 6ish) or... alternately if you are a late riser (how late?) you can meet us on our way back and then we can throw in some 30km loops.
  9. When did you get an e-bike? 😉
  10. True. But the group opened my eyes to the beauty of Sydney riding.
  11. I enjoyed the lunch at the Port Mac golf club. Good meals & great view
  12. I was busy washing my hair.
  13. It definitely wasn't my group. That honour belonged to Nick Reed.
  14. Exactly what Paul said. When I start I rode with Paul's 'Tambourine Bay Tri Club' group...... Started from Lane Cove. I was amazed where these guys used to ride. You think you know Sydney, but realistically we don't...until we get on a bike. Nearly all these rides are safe, just need to get out early.
  15. Some good vineyards to explore; Cassegrain, Long Point, Bago, Douglas Vale. Koala Hospital; they do an admirable job so worth supporting. Kooloonbung Creek Nature Reserve for a flat and gentle stroll close to town. Or choose any section of the trail that connects the beaches all the way from Town Beach to the Lighthouse. Take a picnic and sit under the trees at one of the less frequented beaches, eg Shelly or Oxley Beach
  16. Having been involved in undertaking tax due diligence reviews for heath clubs before, seeking to treat their trainers as “independent contractors” is not unusual either.
  17. Retired, come back, retired, come back.... Haven't you retired from ironman a couple of times already? Pity I forgot to tell you I was in Adelaide over the weekend. We could have caught up and I could have explained it in person.
  18. ATO will look into all allegations of unpaid super and will not disclose to the employer what brought about the review.
  19. Monkie, from Chatswood you're not to far from some of the best riding in Sydney. Old Pacific Highway from Hornsby to Brooklyn - Mt White - Calga (approx 40km), either turn around there or continue on to either Somersby or Peats Ridge. Hornsby - Galston Gorge - Berowra Waters loop. Hornsby - Galston Gorge - Wisemans Ferry - Mangrove Mtn - Peats Ridge loop. Bobbin Head. Akuna Bay - West Head. Palm Beach via McCarrs Creek - ferry to Ettalong or Patonga - return via Somersby/Pacific Hwy. It's really worth getting out more often.
  20. Have u been talking to my wife?
  21. Ok, don't bother explaining what that tax is, because I can't explain a potential inheritance tax that doesn't exist. An explanation of why you made up pretend facts to try to put others down will do. You know "sorry I was mistaken" would have been a much better response IJ, but I suppose that doesn't happen, does it.
  22. What’s a John Farnham moment? Can you please explain?
  23. That looks great Andrew and I'd love to join you... I'm not an early starter though... what time are you planning? I'm looking to do about 4 hours including the way up and back. And yeah, it's a shitty loop. I never really planned it I just ended up doing it and it's reasonably safe, I know where I am and I know where there are toilet and water stops! You can get a decent workout on it too as there are a lot of hills but it's nothing like a TT effort. I only ride outdoors about once every three months (plus races although none of them so far this year) so it's not bothered me that much but your option looks a lot more pleasant!
  24. If you can explain to me why a US estate tax is relevant to Labor's potential inheritance tax
  25. Was going to Suggest Port Jet (Jet Boat) but sounds like not an option. Therefore do the Riccardoes Tomato and Strawberry farm (I thought quite interesting if you do the tour) and then pick strawberrys afterwards. There is also the Sea Acres rainforest boardwalk. Drive the bike course to show her where we ride. Stop at the Lighthouse at lighthouse beach, Lake Cathie or a coffee at Dunboggan boathouse etc. ..and go a few minutes further than the final turnaround and view the beaches. Nothing amazing but will fill in an afternoon. Or: try this link: https://portmacquarieinfo.com.au/see-do/attractions-activities
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?