All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Rimmer

Robson racing again...

Correct - I know a few blokes who know him and he's got form for it over here.
  3. The Customer

Travel sights - Boston to Newfoundland

If you plan on going all the way to Newfoundland, watch the Shipping News with Kevin Spacey to get an idea of the pace of life.
  4. The Customer

no, not my photos but they are true to what you would see at Peggy's cove and Cape Breton.
  5. Rimmer

Tenby!! It's that time again

Hey Mate, top effort.... well done. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.
  6. BC_J400

Electric bikes

That website is looking promising! Thanks!!
  7. Today
  8. tortoise

Bar Harbour. Iconic lighthouse boat tour. Can’t find photos on my phone. Found them. Lighthouses. Covered bridges. Lobster. There are great mapped websites for lighthouses and bridges.
  9. Ex-Hasbeen

Trannies Strava Page

I had a look at a couple of the segments for the popular reaches in the dam tonight. Obviously they aren't as highly sought after as with cycling. The section from the dam wall back to the beach is about 420m. I figured unless someone was going out there to particularly take that one, and they weren't doing anything else hard, a top swimmer would come in just under 4 minutes. Well. The record on that section is 31 seconds. Set by a girl who did a 1.5km swim that day at an average pace of, wait for it, 2:25 per 100m. Then there's another couple around the 3 minute mark. Seems swimmers aren't as anal about their KOMs.
  10. beginnergirl

Awesome! Thx.. will do some googling 🙂
  11. Ex-Hasbeen

Are they your photos TC? They're great. Beautiful spots.
  12. The Customer

coffee and donuts at a Tim Horton's drive thru? Could see all you need to in Halifax in a day. I found Nova Scotia a bit blah. Quite pretty with apple orchards and historic East coast road to drive though. However Peggy's Cove was a pretty village that reminds me of the Scotland fishing villages. Had the best haddock and seafood chowder lunch there and took great photos. Prince Edward Island is home to Green Gables of the novel fame and good for golf but Cape Breton Island is probably the best landscape to drive around. Below is Cape Breton which I remember thinking is just a pretty as Great Ocean Road and Peggy's cove village and lighthouse.
  13. BogFrog

Magpies

No delay! Was swooped 3 times by a giant f^cker on Sat
  14. Heading off to the USA/Canada on Friday on Vacation for 5 weeks. Any recommendations for places to stop/see between Boston and Nova Scotia? We will be driving and have a flexible week to fill in.... We are also buying some mountain bikes when we arrive in Boston so any scenic bike path suggestions are also welcome.
  15. BogFrog

What training did you do today?

Yes - I reported it on the website - 3 other reports there in the last week. Intersection of old Windsor Road & M7... Good luck with the injection. No more running over 10?!? 🤯
  16. AA7

Magpies

I think BogFrog may dispute that there is a delay
  17. A2K

Magpies

hmm see this is why I come to Trannies first. Back to the drawing board.
  18. It may be being replayed on fox. If not then it is available at a fee through triathlonlive. I pay for the whole season for $29 can then watch and re-watch any wts events and also most world cups.
  19. FFF1077

Magpies

I have. Nearly.... Ran up for a pat and I wasn't ready. Nearly dropped the Postie bike
  20. Ex-Hasbeen

Magpies

I wouldn't try that. Have you ever been knocked off your bike by a Golden retriever?
  21. A2K

Magpies

After multiple vicious attacks last Spring I'm thinking of a new tactic this year. Gonna tie a bowl of chopped meat to the top of my helmet hopefully that'll keep them happy.
  22. Ex-Hasbeen

Winterfish 2018

This is more what I expected. A hard 1600 this afternoon. No chance for a warm-up, just straight into it. 1:38 pace down, 1:36 pace back. I wish I could get back to my 1:30 pace though. I must have been taking it easier than I thought the other morning. Although I couldn't have gone much further this afternoon at this pace. I actually felt a bit ill driving home after it.
  23. FatPom

Cheers Mick. Yeah Flipper is ready to beat her old man soon haha Hmm. Got a 5 HR drive to let some thoughts settle but right now, I can't away from the place fast enough! Ok thanks. There was fast efforts yesterday which helped. If anything, my right calf is feeling it this morning. I will see how they settle down.
  24. Limited

Winterfish 2018

Had my first open water swim since March. Added another 1km this afternoon
  25. Surfer

How's your calf FP?
  26. Leon

Cycleops Hammer Direct Drive Trainer

Hey mate, will pm now on this.
  27. Andrew #1

Think of all that training ‘in the bank’ (assuming calf issue has resolved. It’s all ‘spit and polish’ from now to IM Wales and then the que can be retired to the rack without any niggling regrets. You seem to be in fine form with a goodly base ...
  1. Load more activity