All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Trannies Strava Page

If I were on Strava, that'd be me at the top, cast iron guaranteed
  3. Today
  4. Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

Get used to that if you go bike racing !
  5. Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

Cranky is at the back there, I'm just in front 😀
  6. Scheduling strength training

No-one is always right - but me! lol Won't work for me. As already said, can't do hill work, need specific stability strength work for running. Bike stuff, sure...
  7. Scheduling strength training

The Customer is always right & trained with Sutto. He's trained Kona champions. If you are getting DOMS try taking the Customers approach & see what happens.
  8. Scheduling strength training

Years ago, I used to do 5-10mins of plyos and upright core work post run and activation pre run. Nothing else. My last coach, who was also a physio, ultrarunner and ran a business with a physio strength dude (trains NRL rugby teams) was of the opinion that you needed one decent strength session a week to actually gain any functional strength. I hear so many differeing opinions from professionals that it is hard to know who and what to believe. ATM a 15min session is giving me DOMS and affects training sessions 2 days later... Really appreciating all the responses and feedback BTW.
  9. Running faster by running slower. Tips please

It should be a feeling. Not a number. I'm done.
  10. Artial Fibrillation: anyone? Mental side?

Get the heart abalation done - I put it off for 12 months to see if I had another SVT episode, my HR went up to 254 and maxed out at that initially and then I had another one during the 12 month wait period at the same level. I couldnt travel with it as there is a risk of black out if I couldnt manually reset my heart rate. Best thing I did was get the procedure done , its an hour operation with overnight stay and then 6 weeks off to allow the artery insertion (usually in the groin) to heal up. Then you can get back into training. I discussed my training goals and what I could do post op with my cardiologist. Between initial diagnosis and getting the operation done I just took it easy with exercise (mainly walking and light bike riding) and focussed on another hobby. In our local bike group a paramedic had his done for AF and its all good and same with a work colleagues partner. Also check out the book "The haywire heart" if you like reading, written by a couple of CAT A bike riders and a cardiologist. This might help with the mental side as they go through what can be done for management of heart issues but best to speak with your cardiologist.
  11. Trannies Strava Page

This Strava page makes me feel so average! Love it! Will be used as amo against my husband who thinks I'm obsessed Edit to add: Having Monday as your rest day doesn't do your ego any good on this page!
  12. Artial Fibrillation: anyone? Mental side?

Hey mate, no help either but good to hear from you. glad it is at least being monitored. Good luck with it and keep us posted.
  13. Trannies Strava Page

its friggin Tuesday Arvo and people are 6hrs+ into their training weeks!!! Awesome and crazy!! But more awesome can someone please PM me who Phillip OToole is? I've an idea from the photo but....
  14. Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

Word is cranky has been saying she did all the work on the bike and Alison did nuthin
  15. What training did you do today?

4km swim 20 x 200 in the 25m pool, outside was feral busy Avg 1:49/100m paddles and Bouy
  16. Artial Fibrillation: anyone? Mental side?

Correct - it is a surgical option available It’s not really the high heart rate as an issue - more the high and low sequence. Going from 180 to 30 in 1 second and the back up to 190 20secs later is no fun. This can repeat for hours. In terms of tests: I presented to emergency in AF and was captured on ECG. Had many since ECGs since, worn a halter (portable ecg) for a few days, blood tests and ultrasound of heart. Sounds like I just need to get out and do the rides and see how I go. Feels weird to feel so mortal and very hard to overcome the mental block of the chance to go AF again.
  17. Scheduling strength training

Cranky, I know you do wind trainer sessions on the bike a few mornings each week. Adding some strength exercises before or after your workout is a good way to fit it in.
  18. Trannies Strava Page

I should be breaking world records by now then...
  19. Trannies Strava Page

Time spent at work should be Strava-able right!?
  20. Trannies Strava Page

You know what they say Ex - swim slow to swim fast.
  21. Trannies Strava Page

8km swim planned tomorrow. If I go slow enough I can do 2:48.
  22. Geelong 70.3 Enter now

I'll challenge you to a walk Goughy.
  23. Geelong 70.3 Enter now

I remember going over to Busso with Pete in '07. Chatted with AP that year also over there, so check up on that..
  24. Loftus loop

Will do. Thanks👍
  25. Trannies Strava Page

My cold has been banished! Held off this evening for safety and then I'm a coming tomorrow!
  26. Trannies Strava Page

8:14 Planned here.
  27. Who's trying to qualify for itu worlds?

Who is this Alison you speak of?
  1. Load more activity