Sign in to follow this  
ironpo

4iiii power meter

Hoffy86    65
44 minutes ago, ironpo said:

You've probably read this already but DC Rainmaker is how I always commence my investigation into new cycling equipment-

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/12/4iiii-precision-review.html

alexholbrook    144

Dawson Sports is the official distributer of them here in Australia. The retail price for a 105 crank is $620 compared to $550 at Evans Cycles. A $70 difference is still a bit of coin to make you want to purchase it overseas. 

Let's say if purchased overseas, how do you go about a warranty when they're also being sold here in Australia. Could you go to Dawson Sports for a Warranty claim or does it have to be with whomever you purchased it from?

RunBrettRun    1,353

Well with quarq im currently organising an out of warranty exchange and if there is any issues it needs to be sent back to the US

ironpo    2,737
2 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

Dawson Sports is the official distributer of them here in Australia. The retail price for a 105 crank is $620 compared to $550 at Evans Cycles. A $70 difference is still a bit of coin to make you want to purchase it overseas. 

Let's say if purchased overseas, how do you go about a warranty when they're also being sold here in Australia. Could you go to Dawson Sports for a Warranty claim or does it have to be with whomever you purchased it from?

Yes

that was just the link I used

i wouldn't think a saveing of $7o isn't worth the drama of a warranty espuallyon something as finacky as a PM

cranks and chains etc , never a worry buying OS

ironpo    2,737
2 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

Also where did u find them listed here in oz for $620???

willie    598

for $70 you'd be better off buying it local... The amount of times power meters stuff up isnt worth the hassle of having to send it overseas (they wont do the warranty locally i dont think). 

not sure why you'd want the 4iii when there is some good ones already out there for approx the same $$$

ironpo    2,737
1 hour ago, willie said:

for $70 you'd be better off buying it local... The amount of times power meters stuff up isnt worth the hassle of having to send it overseas (they wont do the warranty locally i dont think). 

Totally agree

as I said above , I won't be buying OS I was just using Evans as a link to the PM

1 hour ago, willie said:

not sure why you'd want the 4iii when there is some good ones already out there for approx the same $$$

Like What?

there is only really stages in the same price range which is $100 or more dearer

also after 165mm and there aren't too many choices for them amongst the big names unfortunately 

• Like 1

alexholbrook    144

Ironpo, I'll agree with you there. There really isn't much available around the $600 price range. I think a Stages 165mm is around $800 from Pushys. Or you can go Powertap Single Sided, which from what I've gathered, have had mixed reviews, plus there's the need to change to a different cleat setup. 

• Like 1

Rog    1,546

Just get a stages DA for the Canyon and be done with it. 

Not sure why you feel the need to change the cranks on the trainer bike as well. It's mostly for improving your position and/or hip angle so on the trainer it doesn't really matter as long as you are getting a few rides in with the other bike outside. 

I challenge you to even notice the difference between the cranks. Perhaps on the first day you may notice it but that will be it. 

Edited by Rog

ironpo    2,737
8 minutes ago, Rog said:

Just get a stages DA for the Canyon and be done with it. 

Not sure why you feel the need to change the cranks on the trainer bike as well. It's mostly for improving your position and/or hip angle so on the trainer it doesn't really matter as long as you are getting a few rides in with the other bike outside. 

I challenge you to even notice the difference between the cranks. Perhaps on the first day you may notice it but that will be it. 

Gotsome stages coming , as I do %95% of my riding on the trainer then your man says I should have 165s on both bikes 

I can't be shagged changing them over and seeing I can get a 105 crank and a stages for about $600 bucks for the trainer bike then it looks like good value to me :-)

Ruley    724

stages fixed up their failure rate? it was running at 50% apparantely in their early years

ironpo    2,737
4 hours ago, Ruley said:

stages fixed up their failure rate? it was running at 50% apparantely in their early years

Yep

frim all reports they are pretty much faultless now, they where ver very average