FatPom

RIP Chris Cornell

10 posts in this topic

We were all at dinner last night when the news showed up, could not believe it! I had tickets for the 3rd (and cancelled) show of his at the Opera House in 2015 :( never got a chance to see him live.

Just bloody hell.  Hung himself after a performance.  

Thankful I got to see him perform 4 times, twice with Soundgarden and twice in solo acoustic mode. Hell of a talent, his friends, family and bandmates will be shattered. Sounds like all wasn't well with him during that last show in Detroit.

Only Eddie Vedder left of the big 4 Seattle band lead singers, someone put a moat around him! And Mark Lanegan while their at it.   

Saw them at the big day out 1994 with the Ramones and smashing pumpkins to name a few. 

I think soundgardens music was the reason I spent stupid amounts of money pumping up my car stereo. 

Whenever I hear sound garden in my head I'm  in my wagon down the south coast checking out the surf

good times 

I can't say I was a huge fan but loved their popular stuff. Black Hole Sun is one of the best grunge rock songs ever written.

I saw Soundgarden twice and they were great but for some reason, whenever I hear the name Chris Cornell, I think of this song.

7 hours ago, Riddos said:

Only Eddie Vedder left of the big 4 Seattle band lead singers, someone put a moat around him! 

Great, put him near a drowning hazard why dontcha!

Don't get too excited. Just another selfish prick who didn't give a rats about his family. Plus an ex drug addict. See ya Chris..... Say hello to Kurt for me!

Ps: Isaid a similar thing at work once about Health Ledger and got a few people upset.....my response was ........well it's once less prick around to push/promote drugs to my kids. 😀