Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toine

Bike rental IM70.3 Western Sydney

14 posts in this topic

As I will be temporarily relocated to Melbourne from Europe (the Netherlands) from September to December, I am looking into entering the Ironman 70.3 Western Sydney.

However, as I will only be bringing my road bike with me from Europe (and to safe me from the hassle of taking the bike with me on my flight), I am looking into renting a triathlon bike somewhere in Sydney. Is there anyone who can recommend me a place?

Unless you are looking at the podium why not just use your road bike?

welcome to trannies ūüėÄ

First of all there my competitive nature (which many of you share I presume) and furthermore, if it costs me about the same and saves me the hassle of taking apart my road bike and putting it together twice over a weekend, it's a win-win. 

1 person likes this

I'll be at my LBS (Panthers in Penrith) this afternoon (NEW BIKE DAY!!) and will check with them. I know they don't hire...

Alternatively, bring your saddle, organise a loaner for the day and hire race wheels.

2 people like this

Maybe you could do Challenge Shepparton instead, that's an easy drive instead of flying to Sydney. Then you can ride your own bike and know it's set up right.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, -H- said:

Maybe you could do Challenge Shepparton instead, that's an easy drive instead of flying to Sydney. Then you can ride your own bike and know it's set up right.

Seems smart to me

5 hours ago, -H- said:

11 minutes ago, ironpo said:

Seems smart to me

Toine's stuck in Victoria for 3 to 4 months. Although it is only Sydney, let the guy get away from that hell for at least 1 weekend.

3 people like this

18 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Toine's stuck in Victoria for 3 to 4 months. Although it is only Sydney, let the guy get away from that hell for at least 1 weekend.

"Western Sydney.."

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Lol

1 hour ago, pieman said:

"Western Sydney.."

Yes but Anything is better than smelbourne 

He can go to Sydney (or even Western Sydney) whenever he wants, but he doesn't have to organise a bike. Personally I'd rather go to 100 other places before Sydney, but that's just me.

1 person likes this

I'm looking forward to this race.  Not sure what all the hate is about. 

Thanks for all the replies, maybe Challenge Shepparton is indeed a better idea. I'll be doing a month and a half of traveling along the east coast (from Cairns to Melbourne) before I will start my internship in Melbourne, so I will definitely visit Sydney.

4 people like this

57 minutes ago, Toine said:

Thanks for all the replies, maybe Challenge Shepparton is indeed a better idea. I'll be doing a month and a half of traveling along the east coast (from Cairns to Melbourne) before I will start my internship in Melbourne, so I will definitely visit Sydney.

Sounds like a great trip!  There are trannies all the way from Cairns to Melbourne, so keep us in the loop and you might have some training buddies along the way.  Or some coffee/beer etc drinking buddies....

1 person likes this