Andrew #1

Garmin, kickr & trainer road

7 posts in this topic

Want to sync my trainer road work outs that I do in my kickr to Garmin connect. Buggered if I can work it out.

also want to sync my Garmin 935 with trainer road. I was able to sync my xt910 but no such luck with the new watch. 

Finally, want to sync my new tickrX with the Garmin. Again - no idea about how to do that.

help please!!!

so much technology that it sounds like a whole new language.

JFT!

btw, I grew up in Earlwood, well before it became Athens on the hill, Earlwood Public School, graduating class of 1970.

20 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Want to sync my trainer road work outs that I do in my kickr to Garmin connect. Buggered if I can work it out.

also want to sync my Garmin 935 with trainer road. I was able to sync my xt910 but no such luck with the new watch. 

Finally, want to sync my new tickrX with the Garmin. Again - no idea about how to do that.

#1 - Sync TrainerRoad to Garmin - hmm... I thought this was done through https://www.trainerroad.com/profile/sync but apparently not - Answer, if you are running the 935 at the same time, that will sync the qorkout anyway, so possibly not needed.

#2 - Please define - If you are using ant+ for all inputs, then you can just have cadence/speed/power (if you have a PM/smart trainer) hooked in as you usually would while you are out for a ride. - Or is it that you want the virtual power from TR to output on your 935? (in which case, it *might* be possible, but I am uncertain)

#3 - just like every other HRM/device. Making the assumption they haven't change anything from the 920xt - setting -> sensors and Accessories -> add new -> (and just click search all, or Heart Rate - unless you know the DevID etc.)

Feel free to ask more questions

you can either connect the Garmin to the Kickr or sync your trainer road software to Garmin connect, That's what i do

I use an old laptop in my gym to record TrainerRoad workouts, download them and then upload to Garmin manually.

I actually didn't realise you can setup the sync with Garmin or TrainingPeaks (which is what I mostly use). 

Thanks, good thing I read this thread!

Thanks Cape Horn. #3 seems to have worked. Have synced kickr to my Forerunner 935 by the same method.  Still no go on #1 or 2, but probably doesn't matter, as I can do an indoor cycle workout on the Garmin at the same time as I do the trainer road session on the kicker  ...

Edited by Andrew #1