87 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

I don't see a correlation between a drug being illegal and the services available to treat the user.

Politicians are gutless.

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Really? 

So basically people take drugs because it's illegal?

I don't know. Maybe? I used to work in Amsterdam and was surprised at how few locals and resident expats visited the cafes. For my first weeks there I would hit the "cafes" for a smoke, but then stopped, primarily because I wasn't that into smoking weed, but also because it was legal and readily available. It lost it's novelty really quick.

14 hours ago, XCOM! said:

Decriminalising doesn't negate the ability to legislate that. We already have roadside drug testing for legal and illegal drugs.

I guess what I was trying to say was that if you decriminalise drug taking, you normalise the idea of taking it as part of normal life.

Yes there are roadside tests for drugs, but they aren't that reliable and a sample always goes back for lab testing. Quite often a false positive.

Also, alcohol is legal, but there is a threshold above which you cant drive. That is a researched level aorund the level of influence on your ability.  There has been talk about how it should be 0.00 - but then it becomes too hard for them to enforce a zero reading for driving with such a normalised activity within society - like going out for a meal.

How would it work for drugs?  

I worry enough about the drunk or stone heads driving when I'm out - imaine if it was legal to drive under the influence of pot!

21 minutes ago, Turts said:

How would it work for drugs?  

Exactly the same way and it already does in many countries. Actually it works like that everywhere because there is a level above which a positive will be recorded and below which it won't...

1 person likes this

She'd have made a killing selling to NRL players this weekend.  Huge market there. From CEO's to international players to hasbeens. 4 or 5 in separate instances in 24hrs well done lads. 

2 hours ago, monkie said:

Exactly the same way and it already does in many countries. Actually it works like that everywhere because there is a level above which a positive will be recorded and below which it won't...

Interesting. I know nothing about it, but on tv shows like RBT etc, they get positives with folks who havent used for days. Spose its no different to being over .05 the next morning

I can see a future episode of this on Banged up Abroad.

2 hours ago, lawman said:

She'd have made a killing selling to NRL players this weekend.  Huge market there. From CEO's to international players to hasbeens. 4 or 5 in separate instances in 24hrs well done lads. 

Never touched the stuff in my life.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, lawman said:

Damien K. Haha. Farktard.  

I live under a rock in outer suburbia. My youth was spent drinking grog and seeing bands. The hardest drugs I was around was blokes smoking bongs at school.

How prevalent must cocaine be today? How many people do you personally know who use this stuff? It would seem that coke is everywhere .  My o/35 soccer teammates tell me that one team we play admit to a warm up with a few lines (is that the hep lingo?) in the sheds before they run on. My young staff at work horrify me with stories about who uses it (and other stuff) and how widespread it is. (for all I know they are as well)/

Is anyone surprised that well off people in entertainment (Keogh) and sport (NRL) are into this stuff big time. Even I'm not. Unless the cops catch you in posession you have to get tested positive twice in NRL, and three or more times in AFL for the public to hear about it but I wouldn't doubt every pro sports club in the country has skeletons it wants to leave in closets.

2 people like this

I heard this morning she wants taxpayers to fund her defence. Doubt she will win any sympathy for that. however, she still maintains her innocence and the boyfriend claims she is innocent. Could she be?

If she can convincingly explain why her ticket was purchased 2 days before she boarded and through cash coming from Hong Kong, I'm willing to consider her innocence. 

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, Rog said:

If she can convincingly explain why her ticket was purchased 2 days before she boarded and through cash coming from Hong Kong, I'm willing to consider her innocence. 

Wasn't it 2 hours?

On 06/05/2017 at 11:30 AM, Parkside said:

I live under a rock in outer suburbia. My youth was spent drinking grog and seeing bands. The hardest drugs I was around was blokes smoking bongs at school.

How prevalent must cocaine be today? How many people do you personally know who use this stuff? It would seem that coke is everywhere .  My o/35 soccer teammates tell me that one team we play admit to a warm up with a few lines (is that the hep lingo?) in the sheds before they run on. My young staff at work horrify me with stories about who uses it (and other stuff) and how widespread it is. (for all I know they are as well)/

Is anyone surprised that well off people in entertainment (Keogh) and sport (NRL) are into this stuff big time. Even I'm not. Unless the cops catch you in posession you have to get tested positive twice in NRL, and three or more times in AFL for the public to hear about it but I wouldn't doubt every pro sports club in the country has skeletons it wants to leave in closets.

Over here, it's everywhere. In some professions, the presumption is that you are taking it, not the other way around.

Quite sad that people can't enjoy themselves without going all Brave New World..... 

On 4 May 2017 at 10:45 AM, zed said:

She's been travelling for the last few months, so I'm guessing not her first rodeo? 

Didn't they say she is on a working holiday promoting her Personal Training business. Now who from the back woods of South Australia promote there defunct PT business in Columbia. And if she is a personal trainer then I am a 30 time Hawaiian Ironman Champion!

Edited by IronmanFoz

On 04/05/2017 at 3:27 PM, TryTriB4Forty said:

No doubt her next hashtag will be:

#upcomingTV deal

yep, deal signed with 60 minutes. Apparently she asked for $1 million for this deal. I don't know how much 60 minutes have paid her but I am sure it would something like $250k or more.   So I guess if you do a cost benefit analysis, it might be worth it to try and smuggle drugs, do a few years, get a bit of fame and make a bit of profit, more than you could have made getting paid off had she not been caught.   She will probably then write a book and milk it all for what she can.   I am considering a new career....

I like this 

IMG_0435.PNG

20 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

And if she is a personal trainer then I am a 30 time Hawaiian Ironman Champion!

Remember, she was a failed PT.

Well she's guilty. 

Prostitute not a gym instructor. 

Lied about mum dying 

drug user. 

Ch9 just gave heaps of info to get her locked up for 20 years. 

As I said. She our new Schapelle Corby. 

1 person likes this

On 2017-5-6 at 6:30 PM, Parkside said:

Not that widespread, at least not like Europe. The cost varies here, but is around $400/gram for poor quality coke, cut about a dozen times, probably barely enough for one person to get their jollies off. Compared to the Uk where it's about $80/gram and the quality is 10x better. You walk into most bars in the UK and you'll see the remnants of peoples lines on the cubicle floor. 

1 person likes this

Fair dinkum, the big media outlets are just shameful with this sort of sh!t. They don't give a rat's about the people involved, they're just desperate for the 'exclusive' story. My guess is nine has the rights to her family and seven has the rights to the boyfriend.

Frankly I thinks she's probably just a foolish, naive kids who got talked into the chance of a big score and will pay with 20 odd years of her life. I don't doubt for a moment she knew what she was doing. Mother doesn't seem the most responsible parent and boyfriend looks like an absolute drop-kick.

Just shows how quickly you can screw up your life looking for an easy answer.

3 hours ago, zed said:

Not that widespread, at least not like Europe. The cost varies here, but is around $400/gram for poor quality coke, cut about a dozen times, probably barely enough for one person to get their jollies off. Compared to the Uk where it's about $80/gram and the quality is 10x better. You walk into most bars in the UK and you'll see the remnants of peoples lines on the cubicle floor. 

Not any part of the UK that I've lived.  Rimmer might have a different view.

I watched both interviews. she seems to have two stories.  the boyfriend says she was travelling and had to meet clients as part of working for some cleaning company and the other story where she saw an advert on gumtree which was the drug courier then was threatened for her life if she didn't be a drug mule.  it is very weird and she would have lost all support after the interviews.

she is a grub

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

Not any part of the UK that I've lived.  Rimmer might have a different view.

Yeah I was only based in London, seemed to be rife down there.

Our last building job found this little number in behind a window pelmet ...

I made a profit on this job....hahaha

20160120_090301.jpg