Ex-Hasbeen

Giro d'Italia - Tipping Comp

64 posts in this topic

The Giro starts this Friday. Numbers were down a bit last year on our tipping comp, so could you advise interest in having another comp this year. If I get a few takers I'll set up the league on Velogames tomorrow.

14-151232_3-peri08-775.jpg

I want to, but I am not sure I can even drag together the motivation to do the normal half-arsed effort I usually do.

I haven't really followed pro cycling that closely for a while, but being a team player put me down.  I'll need some motivation to get back into it following my last bit of procedures to allow me to resume training after 4 months off later this month.

Bugger-all starters as yet, but I'm entering anyway, so i'll set up a league.

Here's the details.

Go to https://www.velogames.com/giro-ditalia/2017/

Follow the directions to enter a team, then hit join a league. Enter the league code below.

League Name: Transitions
League Code: 870208004911

Then just sit back and whinge about how poorly your riders are doing, or the drugs some of the others are taking.

Yep, I'll have another go. As usual, no idea. 

I'll check the budget and visa situation for Team Tally Ho. I've suggested a team base with hills, they suggested a base with a beach, sun and wifi, so Blackpool it is then. :lol:

2 people like this

Rudey's Riders are on the rollers warming up. I like the tipping, makes me pay greater attention to other events within the race, other than just GC and stage winners. I'm hoping for big things from Caleb Ewan again.

I have absolutely no idea about this and dont follow pro cycling but willing to give it a go maybe - so do i get to pick my own team of cyclists etc, is there a cost?

28 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I have absolutely no idea about this and dont follow pro cycling but willing to give it a go maybe - so do i get to pick my own team of cyclists etc, is there a cost?

No cost. Just your sanity, but you lost that joining Trannies. You pick 9 cyclists from the list, keeping to a total budget of 100 points. Easy to do, hard to do well. :)

Then sit back, watch, and comment.

49 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No cost. Just your sanity, but you lost that joining Trannies. You pick 9 cyclists from the list, keeping to a total budget of 100 points. Easy to do, hard to do well. :)

Then sit back, watch, and comment.

the link isnt working for me on chrome or explorer - I'll try at home tonight.

Works on my chrome at work

I've done my team, don't recognise any names at all so have some learning to do over the next few weeks

4 minutes ago, KieranR said:

the link isnt working for me on chrome or explorer - I'll try at home tonight.

Try googling "velogames", then go from there. You will have to register, then follow the instructions from there.

14 hours ago, Dave T said:

In !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And one non starter already. I've had to change the whole balance of my team. This is not going to be pretty.

BTW only 7 teams in the League up to this point. C'mon folks, get onboard .

Have you noticed Astana are starting with only 8 riders this year, as a tribute to Scarponi, who was to be their number 1 man at the Giro.

Just now, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Have you noticed Astana are starting with only 8 riders this year, as a tribute to Scarponi, who was to be their number 1 man at the Giro.

Chapeau.

1 person likes this

Ok, I'm in. Just to make you lot look good.

You can thank me later.

7 hours ago, KieranR said:

I have absolutely no idea about this 

That hasn't stopped any of us so far. :lol:

So Dave said one person has withdrawn, does the website remove the rider when this happens, or do you need to keep an eye on another website for news?  If so, what's the best go to site for quick updates on riders?

4 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

So Dave said one person has withdrawn, does the website remove the rider when this happens, or do you need to keep an eye on another website for news?  If so, what's the best go to site for quick updates on riders?

I picked Gianluca Brambilla, but later when I reviewed my team on the Transitions League page he had an "x" next to his name as a non-starter. As I can't find him listed on the Velogames list of available riders I presume he was a late withdrawal.

Still worthwhile checking your team prior to the gun going off. Usually you need every rider you can get.:lol:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

As Dave said, go to your team in Velogames, and look at the table. Later, once it's started, you'll see the points each rider has scored, but for now, you can look for a tick or cross under "Starter".

Velogames.JPG.e962d2d3a54f50d8a210882c7041fc3d.JPG

1 person likes this

then xref against my team as all my riders will withdraw before the finish.

Im in, somehow managed to set up my own league (what a knob I am) finally figured out how to join the real transitions league....only taken me an hour.

After a tense team meeting, Team Tally Ho have relocated to Panama, there were various reasons but mostly I'm a sucker for a natty hat B)