roxii

Dimond bikes V's Rappstar poopstorm

77 posts in this topic

Havent read any of the replies but what benefit is gained out of this case, I would have thought an amicable neutral agreement to part ways and move on would make sense considering Jordan has no interest to throw a leg over a diamond again.

Send a bit of a mess. If there's that many issues I can certainly see his standpoint.

But here's crowdfunding again..... I wanna fight it so how about everyone help me pay. I don't know if I like this sort of thing...... It wasn't that long ago if you wanted to fight something you just had to do it. Maybe he's in the right, maybe he's not. But why all others to pay his costs? Would he be fighting this still, if he got not a cent in crowdfunding?

2 people like this

This was an interesting response to Jordans post: 

F$%k it, I'll probably get blasted for this, but....I don't feel one bit sorry. You know why? 

Because of shit like this from you: 

I've owned three Dimonds. All have been great bikes. Like ABSOLUTELY EVERY BIKE I've ever owned, there are things I would change about them. What's great about working with Dimond is how fast many of those things HAVE been changed in the two years I've been working with them. And none of the things I desire to change are (or were) things that I think should keep someone from buying a Dimond. 

Lots of folks, myself included, asked your opinions of the Dimond in very recent months, including via PM's, and you lied your ass off. You never spoke of any major issues. Now you want people to fund a defence for you. Piss off. 

5 people like this

Seems like the done thing to do in the US, sue someone when things don't go your way. Irrespective of what really happened, I would have thought Dimond could have found another course of action other than suing a (most likely) broke triathlete with 4 kids who was almost killed in a bike accident a few years prior...

Rappstarr needs to get with the program; lawyer up son and counter-sue for unsafe provisions endangering life and pump it up to $500K - Watch the settlement offer roll in quicker than a fat kid on B@W's donut box

Got $1900 in 8 hours. Aiming for $25k. 

Where's yoyo when we need him?

1 person likes this

He seems unable to distinguish the difference between 'representing the brand' and lying his ass off shilling a bike that he had zero faith in.   Lots of us have had big accidents and massive hurdles to get over to make comebacks.  That side of it doesn't play for me at all.  

I'm 50/50 here for Rapp. He shouldn't be getting sued but he should take the opportunity to reflect on his past shilling behaviour. 

Edited by FatPom
2 people like this

Wow, where to start?

He was okay taking the cash from them and endorsing the product while all of the issues were being investigated, but now that he's been threatened he wants to get others to help fund something that is specifically going to benefit him. Why anyone would donate to this is beyond me - it's not going to advance the cause of legal reasoning, they are a low volume manufacturer, he - as a decent, but mid-level pro triathlete - would have little assets for Dimond to chase .... it seems that the major issue here is that Dimond Bikes don't want him signed to Diamond Back Bikes.

If I were advising both parties, I would get in a room and settle by advising each to walk away, return all equipment (and the gesture of salary), not make any disparaging remarks about the other ... and move on!

On a separate note, to prove how ridiculous some crowd-funding is, a radio DJ over here set up a crowd-funding page to fund his "next Tuesday night dinner and a sixer of beers". He raised £35!

1 person likes this

How much are they suing rapp for? 

25k ??

Edited by Peter

26 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

If I were advising both parties, I would get in a room and settle by advising each to walk away, return all equipment (and the gesture of salary), not make any disparaging remarks about the other ... and move on!

That would have been a better strategy but I fear the genie is out of the bottle now in what Rapp has about the brand, it can't be unsaid and Dimond won't want that hanging in the air like a bad smell.

The other thing is that there is no mention of attempting to pay anyone back, he has the funds to fight but doesn't want to dip into his savings. In real life, we have to spend our savings on things we'd rather not but that's how life rolls (unfortunately).  

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

How much are they suing rapp for? 

25k ??

$150k IIRC

5 minutes ago, FatPom said:

$150k IIRC

That was before he posted that, he may find another law suit hot on its heels 

He should just do what crowie did when he was riding the black frame when contracted to another company. 

Just buy a cervelo and paint it black and put diamond on it until the contract runs out 

Dimond sounds like it's at it's end. Rapp will get sued. Will counter it and probably lose. Had he not signed a new contract and merely purchased and was riding a different bike I reckon he would've had a leg to stand on. I'd wonder who his manager is or if he even has one. Seems like a stupid thing to do. 

36 minutes ago, willie said:

Dimond sounds like it's at it's end. Rapp will get sued. Will counter it and probably lose. Had he not signed a new contract and merely purchased and was riding a different bike I reckon he would've had a leg to stand on. I'd wonder who his manager is or if he even has one. Seems like a stupid thing to do. 

Possibly but it seems strange that Dimond backed off from their action against Diamonback but still going after Rapp (I realise different resources etc). I'm still curious as to the timing of various signings because something isn't adding up.

TJ is way cooler than rapp

i hope TJ wins. 

It's easy when you don't have to feed people!

1 person likes this

From January 2015 :

Dimond Bikes, operating as part of Ruster Sports, LLC is pleased to announce a five year partnership with five-time Ironman Champion and ITU Long Distance World Champion, Jordan Rapp as well as four-time Wildflower Champion and two-time Ironman 70.3 Champion, Jesse Thomas.

Ruster Sports founder, and two-time Ironman champion, T.J. Tollakson describes signing Thomas and Rapp as a marker of the brand’s growth among top tier riders and his vision for the Dimond bike. Jordan and Jesse are the one-two punch that further legitimizes Dimond as the industry leader in technological innovation and data driven performance. We are very excited with these two smart athletes who will add immense value to our company both on and off the bike.

Perhaps Jordan should have done his own due diligence before talk the sponsor dollars.

I can say this as I am never likely to be sponsor by anyone other than my good self.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I can say this as I am never likely to be sponsor by anyone other than my good self.

Same. If something goes wrong, you only have yourself to blame!

Well I got up to Page 10 and now I can't access ST at all.

caught up.  Whether Dimond's case has merit or not, right now they are playing a smart game and Rapp,,,,,isn't.

Has he answered the questions (pointed out multiple times now) that he was spruiking them while he claims was having serious issues with the bikes?  I was pretty surprised to see those comments hadn't been deleted from the thread actually.