Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blobby

Altering roadie to TT for Roth

8 posts in this topic

Seeking some thoughts as to what needs to be tweaked.  I'm heading over to ride Pyrenees before Roth then off to the Alps post Roth.  

I'm only taking my Giant TCR and starting to look at clip ons and what else I may need to do to adjust setup for TT.   I have both my roadie & trinity professionally fitted so have all the settings, but keen to get some thoughts on what to adjust.

Thoughts appreciated,

thanks. Stephen 

New bike. 

End of thread. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, willie said:

New bike. 

End of thread. 

Which TCR and can the seat post be reversed if needed 

I did Roth fine on a roadie back in 1999 as that is what we rode. I used to use a size shorter stem and slide the saddle forward on rails as far as it can go. You need to experiment with that before you go and also adjust your arms rest etc to find what is comfortable. You do not need a TT bike. I think I rode a 5.10 that day and ran around 3.25. I was pretty disappointed, came back the next year at Switzerland the next year and rode 4.59 and ran 3.20 to qualify for Kona. Used the road bike at Kona as well, that is what we did, it was rare for someone to have a TT bike back then. Its not as much of a compromise as people think to use a road bike in a triathlon, certainly not as much of a compromise is it is to ride a TT bike in the alps or pyrenees. You need to choose which one of those is more important to you.

Yeah all through the nineties we only ever rode road bikes with clip on bars - times haven't changed much since everyone has a TT bike :mellow:

On 18 April 2017 at 8:08 PM, roxii said:

2016 TCR (slime green color, but upgraded to Durace all over).  Don't think the septets can be reversed, I'' have to have a look.

Sounds like get some clip ons, and just adjust the seat accordingly.

On 18/04/2017 at 8:08 PM, roxii said:

Reversing seat point probably effective. Otherwise one of those Thompson (?) forward posts. Might need a different stem as well.