Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldschool69#2

All right you new it was coming Ride on Mowers..

49 posts in this topic

Nah wasn't me. We are at Broulee and ride with the folks in Moruya when I am down that way.

2 people like this

About an hour's worth of mowing today. I also have a small trailer for it that I used to shift a stack of gravel today as well.

1 person likes this

Zero turn, without a doubt.

Need a reputable engine, usually 20-30hp for the wide cutting deck.

They are pretty simple really, a couple of hydraulic pumps and an engine.

You do need to change the hydraulic oil occasionally and bleeding the pumps can be a little tricky - you can google how or watch it on youtube.

1 person likes this

That looks pretty ordinary Leesey, must be plenty of brazen hoons in that area, doing farking circle work right in your front yard!!!! 

:lol: 

enjoy mate, looks awesome. 

1 person likes this

Thats my Helicopter pad Roxii....lol

Plus my home made Track .... no more sylvania ..very sad..lol

Edited by oldschool69#2

my Mum gets 3 Alpacas delivered on Sunday. Had to wait until the day after her road is closed for targa rally to go past. She gets grass kept down and we get beanies and socks once a year. win-win.

1 person likes this

Off topic but likely a similar crowd - yesterday I did some road pothole filling with gravel (used mower + trailer) just to provide some relief for the car. Any thoughts on good ways to self repair potholes? I was looking at EZ Ashphalt, anyone used it?

Re potholes, get yourself an old railway line or the like and get someone to weld some schackles on it at each end so you can D clamp a heavy chain from it to your mower (assuming it has the power) in a triangular fashion.  Use it like a sled then going back and forth over the road, filling in the divots before you go to get them filled in and compacted.  Failing the railway line, get a really heavy sleeper to drag along - make sure you have the turning space at each end of your road.  Do it enough times and it will fill them in as good as a grader

2 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Re potholes, get yourself an old railway line or the like and get someone to weld some schackles on it at each end so you can D clamp a heavy chain from it to your mower (assuming it has the power) in a triangular fashion.  Use it like a sled then going back and forth over the road, filling in the divots before you go to get them filled in and compacted.  Failing the railway line, get a really heavy sleeper to drag along - make sure you have the turning space at each end of your road.  Do it enough times and it will fill them in as good as a grader

Thanks for the suggestion but it's mostly an asphalt surface, not sure dragging something like that up and down will help much.

I think that Rover lawn mowers have a good reputation ?

On 07/05/2017 at 7:56 AM, Alex Simmons said:

dead link

It was World Nude Gardening Day. 

FM

I did my bit. No photos, so I suppose it never happened, but at 4:30am, I went outside & pulled out a couple of weeds, thus fulfilling my civic duties on WNGD. :)

I may be braver next year & do it at 5.

On 08/05/2017 at 8:56 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I did my bit. No photos, so I suppose it never happened, but at 4:30am, I went outside & pulled out a couple of weeds, thus fulfilling my civic duties on WNGD. :)

I may be braver next year & do it at 5.

Where weee those weeds pulled from ?

FM

I don't know much about gravely mowers, but a zero turn at that place is the go

kawasaki motors are great so no drama there

will only need about 22 hp to run the 48 inc deck

just make sure it looks pretty new ,as if it's only done 140hrs it still should be in great Nic 

i use Scag mowers

they make the best zero turn mowers on the planet

1 person likes this

Hey mate yer its still sparkling !  He seems like a good old genuine guy So im sure its good .not sure on the hp  though im down in 5 weeks ill get a couple of pics and guidance on how to start it! Haha

You'll have a ball OS.

I still can't get over how lucky I am to have the best of both worlds (live close to the city, and live in the country at the same time). If there aren't any already, your first job is to plant some fruit trees (grafted so you don't have to wait years for fruit), and put in a small vege garden.

Nothing better than eating what you've grown. Last weekend I picked oranges, mandarines, limes, avocados & pumpkins. The strawberries are only a week away, as are the radishes, which will be followed by the snow peas, beans, potatoes & broccoli.

4 years ago when we moved in it was a couple acres of grass.

2 people like this

Yer mate countdown is on we get the keys on the 29th june ! 

We are renting it of them for a week before just to start taking down a lot of  stuff ,boards bikes building equipment etc. Removilist will take everything else although the people that bought our joint bought most of the furniture and fridges ,tvs dining table etc  .

The bride is big on healthy eating and is chomping at the bit to grow our own stuff she pretty much only buys organic now or at least no sprays no chemicals. 

She wants me to build a big enclosure to grow everything!  Im farrking trying to down tools!! Haha.

My city is the beach to have land and be close to the best spots on the east coast is a dream and still only 2.30 hrs to sydney if I have too .im still pinching my self a bit that we had the balls as a family to do it .

Also funnily enough I was Google a few weeks back how to grow citrus ! Look at me go.... haha

1 person likes this

Well im here ! Wife and kids arrive tomorrow. 

I will bust out the mower pics over the coming weeks!  The new chapter begins.

20170629_163012.jpg

2 people like this

Take a big breathe, then let it out, then remind yourself how lucky you are.

That's a hell of a blank canvas you have there. Now the fun begins.

1 person likes this

Just bought a place on the "northern beaches" of Dublin (the Costa del Dublin we're calling it!) and the guy who we bought the house from has thrown a brand new ride-on in with the deal. Going to be going back to my childhood as - for the past 25 years I've lived in apartments / townhouses etc....

Might even do the Parents-in-Law's gaf as well .... after all, it's right next door!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Just bought a place on the "northern beaches" of Dublin (the Costa del Dublin we're calling it!) and the guy who we bought the house from has thrown a brand new ride-on in with the deal. Going to be going back to my childhood as - for the past 25 years I've lived in apartments / townhouses etc....

Might even do the Parents-in-Law's gaf as well .... after all, it's right next door!

I'd settle for a freakin' driveway:lol: