Peter

Rio Marathon Olympic Gold tests positive for EPO

16 posts in this topic

This is seriously BS.

I think there is certain drugs where you should be banned for life and EPO is one of them.

It's not like she accidentally ate something that caused a positive test.  She injected this shit.

4yrs?  Should be life.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-07/kenya-olympic-marathon-champion-jemima-sumgong-fails-drug-test/8424602

1 person likes this

Genuine question: Is anyone surprised by this news?

I am not trying to stir up a fight etc. I am just interested to know if anyone actually thinks people can be at this level for such a demanding sport and not be taking drugs? 

There will always be someone who is willing to take drugs to win. Even if 99% of them get caught at Amateur/Club/National/International level - there will always be some who slips through the cracks undetected, and how can someone who is clean compete against people who have taken drugs?

I am sure that hard work, racing clean, and ridiculous genetics can get you super close to the very top level - but there is a big difference between Gold at the olympics and 10th place.

Gold in Rio for Women's Marathon: 2:24:04 (3.24/km approx)

10th place Rio Women's Marathon: 2:28:36 (3.31/km approx) 

10 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

I am sure that hard work, racing clean, and ridiculous genetics can get you super close to the very top level - but there is a big difference between Gold at the olympics and 10th place.

Yeah unfortunately that seems to be the case, but if they were all honest and clean the best still win, just a little slower, and Id be happy with that. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, roxii said:

Yeah unfortunately that seems to be the case, but if they were all honest and clean the best still would win, just a little slower, and Id be happy with that. 

FTFY

It's neither a surprise, nor as I saw it written elsewhere is it disappointing.  Another cheat gone let's move on to getting the next one.

Women's 10,000m is one big positive result waiting to happen.

The previous world record, set in 1993 by Wang Junxia, a known doper was 22 seconds faster than the next fastest ever recorded time. No one even comes close to that time for 23 years then all of a sudden the record gets smashed by 14 seconds and half a dozen people get close to it. Add to that, the Kenyan coach getting sent home for posing as an athlete during a dope test.

how many kenyans is that now??
we should keep a tally of positive dopings with kenya vs usa vs jamaica vs england(only added england just for fat pom and no australia because we all know we dont dope)

2 people like this

Did any one see the doco a while back on epo and kenya? SBS.

Wow! And the other thing was the corruption from officials with the money getting invested they were still running on dirt tracks!

On 7 April 2017 at 7:51 PM, oldschool69#2 said:

Did any one see the doco a while back on epo and kenya? SBS.

Wow! And the other thing was the corruption from officials with the money getting invested they were still running on dirt tracks!

I think I saw that one - real robert mugabie stuff.

It let me attach it. Oh well. Is that South African president making a tit out of himself. 

On 07/04/2017 at 0:45 PM, Horowitz said:

Genuine question: Is anyone surprised by this news?

I am not trying to stir up a fight etc. I am just interested to know if anyone actually thinks people can be at this level for such a demanding sport and not be taking drugs? 

There will always be someone who is willing to take drugs to win. Even if 99% of them get caught at Amateur/Club/National/International level - there will always be some who slips through the cracks undetected, and how can someone who is clean compete against people who have taken drugs?

Gold in Rio for Women's Marathon: 2:24:04 (3.24/km approx)

10th place Rio Women's Marathon: 2:28:36 (3.31/km approx) 

Problem is tenth place is probably on the gear also

cleanest event was prob the womens 800m... was no need for those first three girls  on the podium to have taken any extra testosterone

Really hard to watch any sport at the pro level these days and not be cynical.

I much prefer to watch lower amateur level sport now...and I know that they can cheat also but at least it is not 90% of the competitors.

1 person likes this

I like watching professional womens beach volleyball. 

I dont care if they take drugs. 

I just like to watch.