roxii

Zwift setup; whats the best tech.

Gundy    96
1 minute ago, Andrew #1 said:

I noticed a dude running around the volcano in watopia last evening. Was that  another player or just some game graphics?

It would be another player. I see a runner most times that I'm on Zwift these days but it's still a novelty

Bored@work    1,414
12 minutes ago, Gundy said:

Don't know about Chromecast. I've just got an HDMI cable from the laptop to the TVs screen. 

The Zwift app on your Iphone can be used as a gamez controller so long as they're sharing the same wifi signal. So turns/uturns, giving ride ons, switching views etc, power ups etc. 

i think if you join a race/ group ride you lose the ability to make turns for the duration of the race so that everyone follows the same route. You will get that ability back once the race is finished. 

You do know that the arrows on your laptop keyboard will also make turns?

Yeah but I sweat like a mofo on the trainer.  Don't fancy sweating all over the laptop. I have 2 apps on the iPhone one is zwift the other is zwift mobile link.  Which one should I use?

Gundy    96

Zwift mobile link

i went to great expense and built a computer stand next to my bike out of 3 milk crates. Easy enough to reach the keypad but out of sweat range. 

• Like 1

Gundy    96

IMG_2133.JPG

My setup (if the photo attachment works)

Edited by Gundy
  • Like 1

Lostkiwi    151
On 09/04/2017 at 6:51 AM, Rog said:

Apple TV app coming soon for Zwift. 

If that works well it will be the easiest setup ever, provided you have Bluetooth. 

Got onto the beta. It is sooooooo good. No cables, no fing around. Just start pedaling. Remote works well, graphic quality is good. For me it's the perfect setup.

Got a kickr and a stages though, so I guess I'm lucky with the Bluetooth aspect.

Gundy    96

Bored@work - Milk crates to free up your dining chairs and to classy up your lounge room ha ha

Crowies crushed nuts - you need to download the app.

Peter    1,547

People's attention to details is appalling. 

Love what bored@ is watching. 

dazmuzza    33

I'm going to trial this setup. 

Run a program on my main PC upstairs (http://remotrapp.com/) - which has an insane graphics card, and stream it via my network to my TV. 

Alternative look at a Steam Box. Thi smeans I can leverage the great graphics card I have without having to relocate my office PC. 

Cape_Horn    163
56 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

I'm going to trial this setup. 

Run a program on my main PC upstairs (http://remotrapp.com/) - which has an insane graphics card, and stream it via my network to my TV. 

Alternative look at a Steam Box. Thi smeans I can leverage the great graphics card I have without having to relocate my office PC. 

Just remember, you will need ant+ or bluetooth for sensor integration  from your cave to your beast...

• Like 1

dazmuzza    33

@Cape_Horn I do have an ant+ sensor on my trainer (Wahoo Kickr Snap), I presume that would have been fine?

Otherwise, an apple tv should do the trick? Anyway, I'll try figure it all out this week.

Cape_Horn    163
1 hour ago, dazmuzza said:

@Cape_Horn I do have an ant+ sensor on my trainer (Wahoo Kickr Snap), I presume that would have been fine?

Otherwise, an apple tv should do the trick? Anyway, I'll try figure it all out this week.

The KICKR broadcasts ant+ (and BTLE)

For Zwift(insert cycling application here) to be able to use this data, the computer also needs to be able to listen to the datastream. If the processing computer is remote, and you are just streaming (well, casting) to the TV, then the data from the KICKR won't transmit to the controlling computer, which in turn means  it won't work. (Really long USB cable maybe? note: 5m max before a powered repeater is required)

I think I did see something about the possibility of *just* using the appleTV, but I have no working knowledge of that as a solution.

Lostkiwi    151

I had a ten meter cable with repeater that worked fine.

Appletv beta is much better though.... So simple.

Edited by Lostkiwi

Gundy    96

I did a VO2Max workout on Zwift this morning and it nearly killed me. There really is nowhere to hide. If the program says you must hold 310watts, you have to put out 310 watts or stop. 

15 min warmup. 4mins @ 120%FTP / 4 mins @ 40% FTP. Repeat 5 times. Warmdown.

Failed the last interval. I'll be pissed off if that isn't improving my cycling.

dazmuzza    33

Did my first Zwift set this morning. Easy 15K on my new trainer. Used my iphone shared to my tv via apple tv. No issues.

Real fun, way better than my usual indoor sessions in terms of staving off boredom.

Now to figure out how to 'train' on it.