torx

flogs

68 posts in this topic

Every now and then we all see someone who is doing something which completely ignores the potential to effect others in a negative way. This person is a flog.

Eg; the guy who was on his aero bars in the big ring on the gardeners creek trail pushing hard through Hawthorn/Glen Iris today. There were ladies pushing prams, little ones on bikes, people cruising on their hybrids, walkers etc, and this bright spark was threading his way through them, not slowing down in the slightest. All it would take was one little kid to swerve his little bike ( as they are prone to do) into this guys path and catastrophe would ensue. Riders have a bad enough image as it is, this guy did the rest of us no favours.

Did you see any flogs today?

1 person likes this

Flog or fktard? It's a fine line.  I'm putting this guy in the fktard category 

There's this human (not going to name a gender) who comes into the pool I work at and swims with those Core Shorts, Big Pull Buoy made by Huub, flippers and paddles all at once. She also leaves a snorkel at the end of the pool, but I'm yet to see her use it. However, I'm tempted to tell her to use a band as well. Also has a Garmin on her wrist so she has to be a triathlete. 

She isn't a flog, but god I get a good laugh when she's in swimming at slower than 2 mins per 100 metres. 

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, alexholbrook said:

There's this human (not going to name a gender) who comes into the pool I work at and swims with those Core Shorts, Big Pull Buoy made by Huub, flippers and paddles all at once. She also leaves a snorkel at the end of the pool, but I'm yet to see her use it. However, I'm tempted to tell her to use a band as well. Also has a Garmin on her wrist so she has to be a triathlete. 

She isn't a flog, but god I get a good laugh when she's in swimming at slower than 2 mins per 100 metres. 

What wetsuit is she using for these sessions?

18 minutes ago, alexholbrook said:

Glad you didn't name her gender  :lol: 

Edited by Stem
4 people like this

51 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Flog or fktard? It's a fine line.  I'm putting this guy in the fktard category 

nah fktard is the firebug who lit a fire in the brush next to the monash freeway near the hawthorn velodrome on monday night. This guy was just a couple of chromosomes short

Edited by torx
clarification

1 hour ago, alexholbrook said:

I saw this post, clearly written by a flog

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, torx said:

Eg; the guy who was on his aero bars in the big ring on the gardeners creek trail pushing hard through Hawthorn/Glen Iris today. 

I swear I see this guy often in that area. Clearly not safe. I often try and encourage him to get off the bars (not working!).

Yeah I stuffed up big time hey. But she certainly makes an an hour out of an 8 hour shift pass quite quickly. 

I'd gladly offer advice, but it's against management policy. 

3 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

However, all these tools/toys might be the only thing she likes about swimming so if they get her in the water, it's a good thing.

6 people like this

For once I agree with TC.

2 people like this

I see flogs every day in the gym. Doing complexes (a circuit for dumb people) using dumbells on an incline bench in the squat rack, then med ball situps on the deadlift platform followed by some other franken-list of stupid exercises clogging up every piece of usable space on the weightroom floor. Then proceeding to leave every piece of shit they've used for their invisible mum to pick up

6 people like this

I live in the land of flogs , pretty much every weekend and every holiday and long weekend all this freaking flog cyclists clog up the roads , acting like complete imbeciles and making the few locals that don't already hate bike riders into cyclists haters

4 minutes ago, ironpo said:

I live in the land of flogs , pretty much every weekend and every holiday and long weekend all this freaking flog cyclists clog up the roads , acting like complete imbeciles and making the few locals that don't already hate bike riders into cyclists haters

You should live in Samford. Try as I might, I can't see why a group of 50 or 60 needs to ride to the right of the white line up the range.

2 people like this

14 hours ago, The Customer said:

However, all these tools/toys might be the only thing she likes about swimming so if they get her in the water, it's a good thing.

Yeah I can definitely see you're point. And I hold the same view in regards to the swimming thread. The only way that you will become quicker is if you're actually in the water. She's there daily swimming up and down for an hour at a time. I've asked whether she did want to join in with our lunchtime squad but she negated that pretty quickly. You can only offer. 

What about the flog that lives across the road that, because he doesn't work, seems to think that no matter what day or no matter what time, it is imperative that he sits in the front driveway tinkering around with his piece of $hit VN SS Commodore and revving the Christ out of it..............over and over and over.

Grade A Flog.

2 people like this

20 hours ago, alexholbrook said:

Do you take video if people at the gym and post to Instagram with snide remarks?

Triathletes wearing sleeveless jerseys and ankle socks when cycling.

4 people like this

The person you described is sighted at 5-10 min intervals on the freeway path in Perth on any given weekend!

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Do you take video if people at the gym and post to Instagram with snide remarks?

I fkn hate this.  At least they are at the gym doing something.  

21 hours ago, torx said:

nah fktard is the firebug who lit a fire in the brush next to the monash freeway near the hawthorn velodrome on monday night. This guy was just a couple of chromosomes short

Statistics suggest that arson is a gender neutral crime 

1 hour ago, ghettodeluxe said:

The person you described is sighted at 5-10 min intervals on the freeway path in Perth on any given weekend!

They gather in packs, normally in the same colours, on the bars, around six inches separating wheels.  To be fair to them it's a common saying to "train how you race" and come race day I often see the same colours in the same formation.

1 person likes this

Gotta say I am disappointed with this thread so far.

With the amount of Flogs out there I thought we would be up to about page 10 by now....................

1 person likes this