willie

Do we have any graphic designers here?

20 posts in this topic

I'm in need of some help, I'm having trouble with getting a few bits and pieces done for the impending store opening etc. Need a small bit of advice from someone in the know (who might have some skills in the area).

Mate, we're away on holidays, but if you want to pm me, I can ask my wife. She might be able to help you out, but I don't know if she's restricted only having internet on our phones, and obviously her designing desktop is at home.

Edit to add: she does have her laptop with her. Oops

Edited by goughy

I use www.fiverr.com for my graphic design requirements.  You'd be surprised what you can get for 5 bucks!

If you need it fast you can pay a bit more.

I've used them half a dozen times to design logos for projects that I have been running.

If I remember correctly TC likes doing pro bono work

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

:lol: 

How about you explain a bit more about what you want/need Willie.

Haven't seen him on here for a while but "toolbox" did some design modifications stuff for me a while back. 

Edited by pieman
Spelling

22 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Love nothing more than working for free.

15 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Love nothing more than working for free.

It's for a men only run club!!! :lol: 

12 minutes ago, roxii said:

It's for a men only run club!!! :lol: 

how bout this...

hqdefault_zpswq0ig9ei.jpg

4 people like this

Yeah that's awesome. 

They can be Willies willies! 

6 people like this

2 hours ago, The Customer said:

how bout this...

hqdefault_zpswq0ig9ei.jpg

Nice jugs!! :)

On 4/3/2017 at 1:01 PM, BC_J400 said:

I use www.fiverr.com for my graphic design requirements.  You'd be surprised what you can get for 5 bucks!

If you need it fast you can pay a bit more.

I've used them half a dozen times to design logos for projects that I have been running.

I think 'Hawks Surveillance Solution' here in Bahrain used one of those 5 dollar design services. Can't see anything wrong with it at all.

hawks_zps0cubmf6c.jpg

1 person likes this

One of my athletes has a graphic artist/designer for a husband... see my profile pic, he knocled that up in about 40mins. The polished copy will come shortly. 

If anyone wants a runwith running singlet or t-shirt they'll be here asap after the logo is finished... Maybe some custom socks also ;)

Oh, so you're a coach / retailer. Could you knock me out a good half mara programme, thanks. Should be pretty easy. 40 mins work at tops. Hope you understand if I don't expect to pay you for it. :whistling:

Edited by The Customer

27 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Oh, so you're a coach / retailer. Could you knock me out a good half mara programme, thanks. Should be pretty easy. 40 mins work at tops. Hope you understand if I don't expect to pay you for it. :whistling:

Not sure when I said I wasn't going to pay for it? But hey, come to think of it I coach the lady that put me onto her husband for free along with about 8 others :o Say it aint so! Someone not trying to gouge money from people through coaching and a store, I'd rather make sport more accessible and affordable. 

So if you need a hand with that half mara, please gimmie a bell and I'll decide wether or not I'd want to coach you :P

8 people like this

Yeah, that hits the nail on the head... "Can't pay you now, but when my new business is making lots of money I'll send more work your way".

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that.

But seriously can you make me a better gif.  I can't find a tiny one that doesn't suck. 

I have an idea for a Chinese mobile chat app that's going to be huge, so will pay you back when it takes off. Ta.

On 13/04/2017 at 0:19 AM, The Customer said:

I think 'Hawks Surveillance Solution' here in Bahrain used one of those 5 dollar design services. Can't see anything wrong with it at all.

hawks_zps0cubmf6c.jpg

yeah, looks absolutely nothing like the Hawthorn footy club's logo....

& don't you just love it when someone hands you a business card and the logo is straight out of the old Microsoft clipart collection....

or when you see a design you spent days perfecting being used by someone else (like was travelling once and saw a tri club logo that was straight off our custom designed medals (which predated the said club by about a decade)).

Whatever you do ensure you get a hi-res version of the artwork - preferably as a vector graphic so you don't have to pay someone to redraw it again later on.

Hawkes.png

Edited by trifun
image for those not into AFL