Peter

Garmin 935. Wow

146 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Crowies crushed nuts said:

Does the Fenix 5 sync with training peaks the same way as the 935? Any issues with swimming in the Fenix? 

If just choose whichever colour and style I liked best and go with it. There's nothing lost by getting a 920 over a Fenix 5. You do lose a little on the 5X but that thing is huge. Fenix 5 and 935 are both probably more than most people need. 

9 hours ago, skinnee said:

If you got Bupa health then you get 20% off Garmin products from ordering direct from Garmin website. Good deal when they first come out as the shops charge full rrp 

Its cheaper than I can buy them for wholesale sometimes...

Thanks for the tips,  they both look pretty nice.

will have to try them on to see how they look on my delicate wrists.

21 hours ago, Wronggenes said:

Thanks for the tips,  they both look pretty nice.

will have to try them on to see how they look on my delicate wrists.

The Fenix 5 Sapphire with metal band that I won in the Transitions fundraiser raffle is ridiculously cool. 

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, nealo said:

The Fenix 5 Sapphire with metal band that I won in the Transitions fundraiser raffle is ridiculously cool. 

Roxii is a good bloke for doing such things. I think I might order myself one... so much prettier than my 735 :blush:

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, willie said:

Roxii is a good bloke for doing such things. I think I might order myself one... so much prettier than my 735 :blush:

He is a good bloke but thanks goes to you Willie for sponsoring the raffle ;)

2 people like this

I've been away from the forum for a while (moved to Vietnam, not a very big tri scene here...). Last Saturday there was a little offroad triathlon (www.triathlonvietnam.com) and they had a finish photo competition. Decided to do the best jump I could while crossing the line in 8th overall, and lo and behold, I ended up winning the competition. Prize: A 935! I have not taken it off my wrist yet.. Absolutely love it. Still need to work out all the functionalities but unlike the 920xt I had, this one I can actually wear to work.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, nealo said:

Eh? Thought i was round here enough to not miss a raffle. 

Bugger. 

2 people like this

Dont worry Turts, I think it was a "special raffle". 

I think Nealo is gadget laundering. 

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Turts said:

Eh? Thought i was round here enough to not miss a raffle. 

Bugger. 

Roxii rigged the raffle so only nealo could get a ticket :P 

1 person likes this

Its a bit like when I was younger our footy club couldn't "sell" beer, so instead they had a "raffle". Tickets were $1 each and every ticket won a prize. 

I just think Nealo's ticket was a bit dearer.   

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, roxii said:

I just think Nealo's ticket was a bit dearer.   

3 for $10?

300 tickets for the win! 😂

2 people like this

I love my fenix 3 anyway

1 person likes this

Difference between 735 and 935? My local has a ripper deal on 735 and the product descriptions list the exact same features...

2 minutes ago, pieman said:

Difference between 735 and 935? My local has a ripper deal on 735 and the product descriptions list the exact same features...

I think one of the big differences is battery life while recording.

Official figures is 14hours for the 735 vs 24 hours on the 935

3 hours ago, Cape_Horn said:

I think one of the big differences is battery life while recording.

Official figures is 14hours for the 735 vs 24 hours on the 935

Thought I'd heard something like that with people saying 735 not able to record an IM... obviously they're not sub 13 real IM... 😂 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, pieman said:

Thought I'd heard something like that with people saying 735 not able to record an IM... obviously they're not sub 13 real IM... 😂 

735 and 935 don't have the same features. Kinda close but not that close. 

If the 735 is cheaper than $459 it's a good deal ;) 

24 minutes ago, willie said:

735 and 935 don't have the same features. Kinda close but not that close. 

If the 735 is cheaper than $459 it's a good deal ;) 

So 735 doesn't have Wi-Fi and only connects to sensors through ant+ and not Bluetooth by the sound of it...  not sure i need Wi-Fi but the Bluetooth thing would be useful

You'll wanna check, but I doubt the 935 connects to sensors via bluetooth either!  Garmin haven't in the past been keen to move to the bluetooth sensor front.  They have shares in Ant+ or something.  Will connect to things like phones, but not sensors.

Don't hold me to that, but check before buying a 935 expecting to use bluetooth sensors.

23 minutes ago, goughy said:

You'll wanna check, but I doubt the 935 connects to sensors via bluetooth either!  Garmin haven't in the past been keen to move to the bluetooth sensor front.  They have shares in Ant+ or something.  Will connect to things like phones, but not sensors.

Don't hold me to that, but check before buying a 935 expecting to use bluetooth sensors.

From DCR

So what’s the FR935 all about?  Well in a nutshell it’s a cheaper version of the Fenix 5, with a plastic shell as opposed to metal. Basically – it could be named the Fenix 5P – for Plastic.  It’s got a barometric altimeter (and WiFi!) that the FR735XT lacks, and also adds in things like the new Training Load/Recovery features found in the Fenix 5, as well as Bluetooth Smart sensor support. 

Well there you go, I stand corrected!  Didn't think Garmin were gonna go down the bluetooth sensor route!