Peter

Garmin 935. Wow

100 posts in this topic

Looks great. 

Garmin fb page 

When are these hitting the shops?

Compared to the garmin 310xt this will be a sweet upgrade

It's basically a Fenix. Not exactly any innovation going on here... a boring release if anything. I'm glad it's no longer a square computer looking thing  

I'm going to get a Fenix now I've seen this, really makes no difference. Would've been cool to see females version of the 935 like they did with the rose gold Fenix 3 

Just a slight one!

7 minutes ago, willie said:

It's basically a Fenix. Not exactly any innovation going on here... a boring release if anything. I'm glad it's no longer a square computer looking thing  

I'm going to get a Fenix now I've seen this, really makes no difference. Would've been cool to see females version of the 935 like they did with the rose gold Fenix 3 

Yeah I think I'll go for the F5 too, more robust with the metal bezel.

holy ****ing shit a swappable band

1 person likes this

I guess the question is now, when will the 735 go down in price? A couple of online stores inn Australia have the 735 down to $499 now, so maybe thats an indication but I'm hoping they might go further south. 

Edited by alexholbrook

5 hours ago, willie said:

I'm going to get a Fenix now I've seen this, really makes no difference.

5 hours ago, zed said:

Yeah I think I'll go for the F5 too, more robust with the metal bezel.

Apparently the heavier watches negatively affect the accuracy of the optical HRM because it jumps around more according to DC.

1 person likes this

I like it send am impressed with all the features. When will Garmin solve their battery life problem? It's the one limiting factor that's atopping me from racing out and buying one of these.

What's the problem with the battery? 24hrs on GPS mode, 2 weeks on smart watch mode seems pretty reasonable to me.

The thing is the size of a 50cent coin and talks to the sky, so it clearly needs to use a bit of power.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Stikman said:

Apparently the heavier watches negatively affect the accuracy of the optical HRM because it jumps around more according to DC.

I have a 735 it's super light and the optical HR is just as shit.

Can second rogs' sentiment the optical hr is a pos

You guys are just to skinny :P the optical HR works pretty well on those of us who are more rotund. 

Optical HR worked better on my 225 though. 

Edited by willie

Quick release kit makes it a winner. Been waiting for 18 months (and holding off buying a xt920) to upgrade my 5 year old xt910, so I'm excited!

If the QR is anything like the one for the F3, it's seriously ugly.  But, if they all use the new quick release bands, at least it will be painless to turn it back into a normal watch.  Probably can't use the optical hr with the qr either.

For those still using 310s/910s these must look like a massive update.  A someone who's got an F3, it's cool but not more than what's expected.  Over the last 3 years there has been a massive update to what these things do.  Myself, I think they're the perfect level of connectedness for a smart watch.  I just don't need a phone on my arm, but more than anything it's the battery life.  Can't fathom how people wanna charge theirs every day.

Edited by goughy

Just  the usual whinge about AU pricing... (watch only)

RRP- USD499, AUD 699 (wtf)

Price difference to 735XT- USD50, AUD180

DCRainmaker prices vs highly tuned athletes

Welcome to OZ Pieman... I can tell you, quite often I can't even buy it for the price you can OS - but I do the best I can price wise if people want to buy 'em locally

26 minutes ago, willie said:

Welcome to OZ Pieman... I can tell you, quite often I can't even buy it for the price you can OS - but I do the best I can price wise if people want to buy 'em locally

Yeah I know that the retailers don't have much room to compete but I do find the price difference between models curious... maybe I shouldnt

Australia tax.

On 30 March 2017 at 4:36 PM, Rog said:

What's the problem with the battery? 24hrs on GPS mode, 2 weeks on smart watch mode seems pretty reasonable to me.

The thing is the size of a 50cent coin and talks to the sky, so it clearly needs to use a bit of power.

My 6 year old VDO Z3 talks to the sky, navigates and does 3/4 s of the features of this new watch and the battery lasts 4 months. 

I know Garmin are trying to deliver a great product that suits nearly everybody's active lifestyle needs, but I think they let themselves down with battery life. Who wants to be recharging the thing every day or two when it's used in activity mode? What good is that if you're on a multi day event or traveling with work where you want to use the watches from nations but can't recharge the thing easily. 

As I said, if the battery life was a bit better I'd be racing out to get one of these. 

Why do we always need the latest gadget?  

What is wrong with what you already have?  

Do we really need it or are we really trying to fit in with the gadget driven tri world?