Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goughy

Somewhere nice to eat at Surfers P?

19 posts in this topic

OK, gonna be down the goldie next week at the paradise resort place.  Don't know the area at all or the places, but looking for somewhere casual (cause I only own jeans and one collared shirt) to eat within an easy walk/scooter ride for dinner.  I'm sure there are tonnes of places, but figured would just ask if anyone has a suggestion.  I've already got Macca's starred in my phone so I've got that one covered.

It was a long time ago now but I went to a Thai place there that was pretty decent, traditional tasty food and good ambience. I did a quick search on Google and think it was Chiangmai. 

I was gunna say Macca's, but it seems you have that covered.

Longboards Burgers at the beachside of Q1 is a good, casual feed. Pretty awesome burgers and they're massive as well!

1 person likes this

Hooters, good food and great views........

11 hours ago, Rog said:

It was a long time ago now but I went to a Thai place there that was pretty decent, traditional tasty food and good ambience. I did a quick search on Google and think it was Chiangmai. 

It's embarrassing, but I may be the only person who doesn't like Thai food!!!!  I know, I know, but there's something about the freshness and brightness in the flavours I don't like :o

3 hours ago, Buggeracup said:

Longboards Burgers at the beachside of Q1 is a good, casual feed. Pretty awesome burgers and they're massive as well!

That sounds about right on the money for me.  I love a decent burger, even if I have to eat it with a knife and fork!

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Hooters, good food and great views........

Time for my son to get an education??

1 person likes this

I am a very basic eater. The surf club right on the Beach has really good food. cheap, great view, kids are welcome.

FM

1 person likes this

Catch the tram down to the sushi train near broadbeach.  

Sushi ewwwwww

Just go to ****ing Maccas then.

2 people like this

Use Tripadvisor or google top 10 places to eat Gold Coast.  We use tripadvisor & bean hunter every time we travel.  Hasn't let us down yet.  Read the reviews & it's easy to work out the best places to visit.

1 person likes this

You can really tell that I go nowhere often!  God forbid if I ever go overseas....... I'm ****ed!

1 person likes this

I'd suggest somewhere above the ground floor, and not in a low lying area.

Robina this morning. The heavy rain is expected this afternoon.

Image result for cars flooded robina

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

So Rob should bring her mobility jet ski instead of scooter?

3 people like this

Yeah, this is done and dusted.  Ended up at a Cuban place the first night, which was really really nice.  Awesome matre de too.  Had subway the second night, and a fantastic guy from Brazil served us and had a great great chat to him.  Monday had dominos.  Tuesday we went to the movies and didn't really eat dinner.  Wednesday went to Helm bar and the food was great again.  Thursday used a two for one voucher at the resort place.  Was ok.  Friday went to the clock tower.

I did just realise, including some lunches, I had burgers at least 5 times, including at the Cuban restaurant, Helm bar and Clock tower.  I do love my burgers.  The Cuban one was something special.  When ordering, my son asked if he could have the burger, but just with the meat on it.  The Matre de explained to him how all the flavours in the burger worked in conjunction and that he really recommended trying it at it's fullest - but that if he still didn't like it he would get him a new burger with just the meat.  Well, my son loved it as it was!

We actually ended up overspending a bit on this and will pay for it now.  But it was a bit like when we were on the cruise last year.  The other family members were penny pinching (even Rob's dad who doesn't have to (on the cruise by the last day they were looking at how much free on-board credit they still had to use when we'd blown that and was up to 600 spent)) but we decided while not being frivolous, why not enjoy ourselves.  And I noticed the difference between us and the other family there who were always looking for a deal.  

Just catching up and reading this now and clearly too late for you Goughs but Broadbeach have a squid load of places that more than decent in their little shoehorn.

And as Rog pointed out, I know the joint - Chang Mai - it's on the highway - it's not bad at all.

Hmmm, perhaps I should open an account at Trip Advisor rather than reading everybody else's jazz....

1 person likes this