Peter

Disney California adventure park

Peter    1,546

So is this more for little kids and Disneyland is for bigger kids and adults? 

BC_J400    47

Yes and no...

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/au/attractions/list/#/disney-california-adventure

I consider it and extension of the magical kingdom... but as you can see, the attractions are mainly for young kids and teens but then again so is magical kingdom.   You can buy combo tickets to do both parks and if it was in winter with no queues, you could do both in a long day.

Disney Magical Kingdom is not known for its roller coaster and thrill rides (although it does have Space Mountain - an indoor and dark roller coaster) .... if you want those, you need to head to Six Flags  Magic Mountain, the home of roller coasters.. think National Lampoons vacation - this was filmed at Six Flags.

For more "adult" entertainment with lots of kids entertainment, my money is firmly on Universal Studios.  There's buses that run to all of these for fair prices. 

I've been to Universal Hollywood 5 times, Disney LA 3 times.  

In Florida I've been to, Disney World Hollywood Studios x 3, Epcot x 1, Magical Kingdom x 1, Orlando Universal x 2....

After all those visits, in order of preference, I'd still go to Universal Hollywood/LA, followed by Disney World Hollywood Studios (Orlando), followed by Disney World Orlando Magical Kingdom, followed by LA Disney Magical Kingdom.

My wife was 25 when I took her to Disney LA Magical Kingdom and whilst she's young at heart, she thought it was for a much younger audience.

I hope this helps!

(note for those reading my thread in the sand box about a career change - this was before I changed careers lol )

Edited by BC_J400

Bored@work    1,410
1 minute ago, BC_J400 said:

I've been to Universal Hollywood 5 times, Disney LA 3 times.  

In Florida I've been to, Disney World Hollywood Studios x 3, Epcot x 1, Magical Kingdom x 1, Orlando Universal x 2....

After all those visits, in order of preference, I'd still go to Universal Hollywood/LA, followed by Disney World Hollywood Studios (Orlando), followed by Disney LA Magical Kingdom.

I hope this helps!

(note for those reading my thread in the sand box about a career change - this was before I changed careers lol )

I told you Peter.  Universal LA is the best one :)

Diamonds    403

Disneyland is old and sh1t.  The new one is way better.  I think you have it back the front in terms of rides.  But a day in each is standard.  The coaster in CAP has a loop the loop.  There is no decent thrill rides in the old one.

Prince    243

knotts berry farms for thrill rides, but nothing wrong with disneyland.   pirates of the caribbean, my fav, , its the 'magical kingdom' after all. 

Diamonds    403

Yep. Good for 4-12 year olds.  I was 23 and 37 when I went.  Preferred my "Wonderpass" tbh.  The 2nd time was fine with kids.  Had a ball because they had a ball.  1st time as an adult with no kids was underwhelming.  Just thought it was old.   The 2nd trip CAP was new and exciting. Modern rides based on modern shows.    

Peter    1,546

Thanks. Well one day at each and then universal for 1. 

Buggeracup    131

I thought they were both fairly ordinary to be honest and not as big as I expected. 

In my opinion, the Disney World theme parks in Orlando are much better than the LA versions so if you have the means and the time then I would recommend heading over to Florida. I've also documented my opinion of LA previously, personally I think it is a shit hole so I would always choose another tourist option than it if I could. 

• Like 2

Peter    1,546

Id avoid but i might like LA. I love honolulu and the gold coast and people hate them both. 

Also we are mainly going as my wife has to go there for something. 

Then we are off to mexico for a few weeks. 

• Like 1

roxii    3,940
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Id avoid but i might like LA. I love honolulu and the gold coast and people hate them both. 

We must be similar.  

I love LA, I like the weirdness of it all. We have friends there so get to do a few different things to the normal tourist stuff. I also love Disneyland, will probably go back next year. 

BC_J400    47
17 hours ago, Peter said:

Thanks. Well one day at each and then universal for 1. 

If you were pushed for time you wouldn't be concerned about missing either of the Disney parks - e.g. 1 day in Californian Adventure and 1 day at Universal.  It would be too much to do all those in a row if that's what you were thinking.  +1 for Six Flags too for adults and teens!

Avoid the City sights and Universal combined tour - it's not long enough as you'd need a good 6 hours onsite at Universal at least.

Peter    1,546

I have a 5yr old and she is pumped for The princesses.  Me not so much.  

Six Flags out for a few more years.

Flanman    1,090

LA and Hollywood isre so tired. I stayed in Anaheim nice n close to Disney and Calif World - about 300 metres from the entrance. Did a number of days there. Did Universal as well. REALLY consider "front of line tickets". Also look st the cost of multiple days as you can go back a few hours if you like on different days (if you stay close Costs a bit but to don't waste time. 

FM

nealo    1,275

Been to Dineyland LA three times.

1st as a newlywed.

2nd with a 2 and 4 year old.

3rd with a 10 and 12 year old.

Loved every visit for different reasons.

With a 5 year old you'll love it for what it does to her. Everything she's seen comes alive and they walk around with this look of wonder on their face.

Isolate a ride like "It's a small World" for what it is and it's shit, BUT the song get's in your head,your daughter will be pointing here, there and everywhere for you to "look at that" and before you know it you'll get off smiling.

But yes Universal is best.

• Like 1

Peter    1,546

Thanks mate.  

Going Disney for 2 and Universal for 1.