Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chuckie M

Chuckie M soon to be homeless - Go fund me page?

40 posts in this topic

Hi all. I am still in Frankston after the Sunday race, I was meant to be back flying home back to Townsville on Tuesday. The airport is closed. I am wishing Townsville and all of FNQ good luck with Cyclone Debbie. There are a few members from this forum up that way

. Take care from Chuckie M -IM Frankston race director :D

5 people like this

I'll chip in $1.50

1 person likes this

I'll chip in another $1.50 to replace another of the chooks

2 people like this

Roll call from up that way. Tryline, Skel, Goonie ^_^

Another $2.50 and he'll have a whole house.

1 person likes this

Absolute scorcher of a day here in Cairns - currently 35 degrees (very ugly heat).  Debbie is sucking out everything and we are left with sun, heat, humidity and no wind!!!!!!!  Better than being in the firing line though.....

Stay safe everyone in Bowen / Mackay.

3 people like this

I know a Debbie in Townsville. I was speaking to her this morning & she was just starting to bring all the pot-plants in from outside.

Apparently they're not expecting too much, as it's looking like crossing the coast south of Bowen, but then most Debbies I've known are prone to change their minds.

2 people like this

I  did once know a girl called Cindy who only ever got with blokes called Dave. I told her Dave was my middle name:D

1 person likes this

Best of luck to all the guys and gals living up there.  I hope the damage is minimal and easily replaced.  Stay Safe!!!!!

3 people like this

I am watching Karl on 9 now. it slowed down over night will crossed the coast at lunchtime. Not far from WR holder Pinkboy:o

My niece moved up to Mackay early this year for her first teaching gig out of Uni. She's not impressed with the rain, but said the kids are all excited that they had yesterday & today off, and most likely Wednesday, then go on holidays next week.

News flash they are looking at opening the Pub in Ayr today!, that's the NQ way..:D

1 person likes this

Good luck to everyone, thought you guys had enough potential misery coming without having to put up with Kochie and all rabbiting on with the same "news"" every 10 minutes.  That alone should make the area declared for disaster relief

1 person likes this

Pffft 180kph winds. 

You guys have got nuffin. We had 213 kph at Kurnell.  

Good luck all and stay safe. 

1 hour ago, Chuckie M said:

News flash they are looking at opening the Pub in Ayr today!, that's the NQ way..:D

That'll suit all the high school kids that'll have nothing to do today. :)

1 person likes this

The Today Show- "saying so little in so much time"

3 people like this

Bike Fix has opened his shop up today in Townsville, you know just in case you wanna buy a buy a bike while the rest of town is shut down.

Was just talking to my brother in Townsville.  Says he's not too concerned except for the new shed he just erected in his yard.  Told him I hope his erection doesn't collapse in the first big blow.

2 people like this

Unless there's a drastic change of direction, Townsville will get a bit windy, but is currently looking ok.

My niece in Mackay however has been evacuated to higher ground, and is starting to get pretty scared with her first cyclone being a category 4.

Ex, get Roxii to register you with official journalistic accreditation, and go join the rest of the journos in Mackay all stressing how they are safe in cat 5 accomodation and then have your niece join you there, they seem to have plenty of rooms in those places for every journo on the East coast to converge on there, even after the actual residents were looked after

Just do a write up on the effects of Debbie on Kona qualification times at Cairns to keep it all above board

2 people like this

I like it Cottoneyes. I actually love watching storms, and when the last big one that came through our way (The Gap storm for those in Brisbane that remember it), I sat in the garage with the door half up, watching gum trees being snapped off 20 feet above the ground.

Just heard a report of 230km/h winds on Hamilton Island. There are tourists there that flew in on the last plane Saturday, but were unable to get back off. Some of them due to fly out tomorrow. Must have been a wonderful stay.

So, Debbie did Dallas. Now she's doing North Queensland. Maybe she has a thing for places with football teams called The Cowboys? :D

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

I am watching Karl on 9 now. it slowed down over night will crossed the coast at lunchtime. Not far from WR holder Pinkboy:o

I spoke to Pinkboy in Mackay now. He and his family are holding up well.:D

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, roxii said:

Pffft 180kph winds. 

You guys have got nuffin. We had 213 kph at Kurnell.  

Good luck all and stay safe. 

This quote from the BOM site.

Recent significant wind gust observations include:

- 263 km/h at Hamilton Island airport at 10:25am.

Imagine where your house would have ended up with that Roxii? :)

2 people like this