Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roxii

Amberger and Wilson's new venture

45 posts in this topic

Dude, if I wasn't a dude I would have thought you were trying to sweet talk me :naughty: ........ I digress, anyway thanks for the insight. Now, I may need to investigate this filter process you keep spruiking about!!

On 29/03/2017 at 7:06 PM, Flanman said:

Talking about coffee, I wonder what ever happened to Trannie "Dan the Man" ?  I haven't heard from him in years. 

FM

Dan is counting his money. 

just placed my order, thanks for the discount code.

One thing for the order process a continue shopping button would have made it simpler to add the second and third bags on.

I worked it out eventually as needed the combined freight.

I've just ordered Guji and Maria Rosa.  Can test in the machine and Aeropress. Will report back. 

Edited by tortoise

On 03/04/2017 at 9:13 PM, rory-dognz said:

just placed my order, thanks for the discount code.

One thing for the order process a continue shopping button would have made it simpler to add the second and third bags on.

I worked it out eventually as needed the combined freight.

Will take a look into it. Our first go at a commerce website, always much more detail to iron out than imagined. I hope you like the coffee, thanks for the order!

20 hours ago, tortoise said:

I've just ordered Guji and Maria Rosa.  Can test in the machine and Aeropress. Will report back. 

Hails! Remember grind setting between espresso and aeropress should be different, how different will depend on the power of your machine (too fine/tamped too hard and an underpowered machine will not be able to extract), but think espresso finer, aeropress coarser. Sorry if I'm underestimating your know-how!

I will have to get some. Ask Dan which brew pairs best with Mastodon's new Scorpion Breath track with Scott Kelly of Neurosis on vocals, it's phenomenal, IMHO perfect for VO2 sets.

10 hours ago, hey_burgs said:

Hails! Remember grind setting between espresso and aeropress should be different, how different will depend on the power of your machine (too fine/tamped too hard and an underpowered machine will not be able to extract), but think espresso finer, aeropress coarser. Sorry if I'm underestimating your know-how!

Hey burgs. I've got the machine/grind balance sorted on my current beans.  Looking forward to playing in a different space.  Haven't done aeropress a lot recently as I'm not working from home as much.  I find it's to my taste not too much coarser than espresso and I'm very patient with pushing the water through. 

burgs, have you looked at supplying any cafes at this stage? There's a new one at Samford (Spokes) that advertises as cyclist friendly, so may wish to support someone in the sport.

He'll be supplying the running shop down here in Sydney. When it's open in a few short weeks pop by for a coffee

:D

3 people like this

38 minutes ago, tortoise said:

Hey burgs. I've got the machine/grind balance sorted on my current beans.  Looking forward to playing in a different space.  Haven't done aeropress a lot recently as I'm not working from home as much.  I find it's to my taste not too much coarser than espresso and I'm very patient with pushing the water through. 

Hey T,  found I had to wind the grind in a lot finer (for Miss Colombia) than I was using for my local "go to" beans. As I mentioned earlier the bean seems to grind quite coarse. Will let you know how Ethiopia goes when in the next day or two.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Kiwinoz said:

I will have to get some. Ask Dan which brew pairs best with Mastodon's new Scorpion Breath track with Scott Kelly of Neurosis on vocals, it's phenomenal, IMHO perfect for VO2 sets.

I don't have to ask Dan for that! Skip Mastodon, go straight to THE DOORWAY from Times of Grace for Vo2 sets, then relax afterwards with a Guji natural espresso, or Bifdu filter. If you really feeling badass, blend the two 50/50, then pour the espresso. 

Maybe I will give Mastodon a try, seems like you're highly recommending it. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

burgs, have you looked at supplying any cafes at this stage? There's a new one at Samford (Spokes) that advertises as cyclist friendly, so may wish to support someone in the sport.

I've got a couple weeks off now after IMSA, maybe I will go around and flick some samples around. We'd have to really scale up if we were to supply a cafe (ie; drop bulk $$ on a commercial roaster that neither of us have room or budget for), but it would work as a feature coffee here and there, and for specialty running stores obviously. Thanks for the heads up, should check out that cafe anyway

Quick review on the Guji. as said previously has a distinctive flavour which I particularly liked. it was my preference over the Bifdu. I have the Maria Rosa to start in the next few days.

As noted above also that the grid is slightly courser than others, took me most of the 250g bag to get the grind right for my taste; was so hard drinking all that great coffee.

As over the last 3 months; since moving back to Sydney, I have been trying lots of coffee to find the ideal one (probably 8 different ones, as buy from local roasters), the Guji would be my preferred to date.

Fantastic! It's quite unusual that someone is going to prefer a natural process coffee to washed coffees, they are generally lower in acidity and much fruitier. Not the easiest of tastes to acquire in coffee terms, but you've done well!

A moment in time from yesterday's roasts...

2uzypmx.jpg

1 person likes this

Greetings endurance minions. Just wanted to fill our Trannies audience in that we've got three new coffees dropping by the end of the week. Sign up to our newsletter if you haven't already, you'll get the news right to ye inbox. We promise some good gags if our humour aligns :)

https://www.skullduggerycoffee.com/sign-up-to-the-mailing-list/

On 05/04/2017 at 2:38 PM, nuked said:

Hey T,  found I had to wind the grind in a lot finer (for Miss Colombia) than I was using for my local "go to" beans. As I mentioned earlier the bean seems to grind quite coarse. Will let you know how Ethiopia goes when in the next day or two.

We used the Ethiopian first and it ground much the same as our normal Atherton tablelands Jaques. The Colombian needed finer grind and a bit mor grind time, plus more oomph on the tamping.  Both are good.  The Ethiopian has an interesting greenish touch, the columbian is nuttier.  I think we'll do the Ethiopian again. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, hey_burgs said:

Greetings endurance minions. Just wanted to fill our Trannies audience in that we've got three new coffees dropping by the end of the week. Sign up to our newsletter if you haven't already, you'll get the news right to ye inbox. We promise some good gags if our humour aligns :)

https://www.skullduggerycoffee.com/sign-up-to-the-mailing-list/

Done, but I'm not a squire!

On 2017-5-18 at 0:48 AM, tortoise said:

Done, but I'm not a squire!

Haha thanks. You must be of the same demographic as my Dad. That's what he says to me! 

On 2017-5-18 at 0:45 AM, tortoise said:

We used the Ethiopian first and it ground much the same as our normal Atherton tablelands Jaques. The Colombian needed finer grind and a bit mor grind time, plus more oomph on the tamping.  Both are good.  The Ethiopian has an interesting greenish touch, the columbian is nuttier.  I think we'll do the Ethiopian again. 

We have another Ethioian natural coming, but are sold out of the washed. The El Salvador Pacamara might be up your alley. We've got the coffees, we're just finishing up our tasting notes and then they'll be online. Thanks for the business!