Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roxii

Amberger and Wilson's new venture

40 posts in this topic

Dude, if I wasn't a dude I would have thought you were trying to sweet talk me :naughty: ........ I digress, anyway thanks for the insight. Now, I may need to investigate this filter process you keep spruiking about!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2017 at 7:06 PM, Flanman said:

Talking about coffee, I wonder what ever happened to Trannie "Dan the Man" ?  I haven't heard from him in years. 

FM

Dan is counting his money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just placed my order, thanks for the discount code.

One thing for the order process a continue shopping button would have made it simpler to add the second and third bags on.

I worked it out eventually as needed the combined freight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just ordered Guji and Maria Rosa.  Can test in the machine and Aeropress. Will report back. 

Edited by tortoise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/04/2017 at 9:13 PM, rory-dognz said:

just placed my order, thanks for the discount code.

One thing for the order process a continue shopping button would have made it simpler to add the second and third bags on.

I worked it out eventually as needed the combined freight.

 

Will take a look into it. Our first go at a commerce website, always much more detail to iron out than imagined. I hope you like the coffee, thanks for the order!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tortoise said:

I've just ordered Guji and Maria Rosa.  Can test in the machine and Aeropress. Will report back. 

Hails! Remember grind setting between espresso and aeropress should be different, how different will depend on the power of your machine (too fine/tamped too hard and an underpowered machine will not be able to extract), but think espresso finer, aeropress coarser. Sorry if I'm underestimating your know-how!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I will have to get some. Ask Dan which brew pairs best with Mastodon's new Scorpion Breath track with Scott Kelly of Neurosis on vocals, it's phenomenal, IMHO perfect for VO2 sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hey_burgs said:

Hails! Remember grind setting between espresso and aeropress should be different, how different will depend on the power of your machine (too fine/tamped too hard and an underpowered machine will not be able to extract), but think espresso finer, aeropress coarser. Sorry if I'm underestimating your know-how!

Hey burgs. I've got the machine/grind balance sorted on my current beans.  Looking forward to playing in a different space.  Haven't done aeropress a lot recently as I'm not working from home as much.  I find it's to my taste not too much coarser than espresso and I'm very patient with pushing the water through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

burgs, have you looked at supplying any cafes at this stage? There's a new one at Samford (Spokes) that advertises as cyclist friendly, so may wish to support someone in the sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll be supplying the running shop down here in Sydney. When it's open in a few short weeks pop by for a coffee

:D

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, tortoise said:

Hey burgs. I've got the machine/grind balance sorted on my current beans.  Looking forward to playing in a different space.  Haven't done aeropress a lot recently as I'm not working from home as much.  I find it's to my taste not too much coarser than espresso and I'm very patient with pushing the water through. 

Hey T,  found I had to wind the grind in a lot finer (for Miss Colombia) than I was using for my local "go to" beans. As I mentioned earlier the bean seems to grind quite coarse. Will let you know how Ethiopia goes when in the next day or two.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kiwinoz said:

 I will have to get some. Ask Dan which brew pairs best with Mastodon's new Scorpion Breath track with Scott Kelly of Neurosis on vocals, it's phenomenal, IMHO perfect for VO2 sets.

I don't have to ask Dan for that! Skip Mastodon, go straight to THE DOORWAY from Times of Grace for Vo2 sets, then relax afterwards with a Guji natural espresso, or Bifdu filter. If you really feeling badass, blend the two 50/50, then pour the espresso. 

Maybe I will give Mastodon a try, seems like you're highly recommending it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

burgs, have you looked at supplying any cafes at this stage? There's a new one at Samford (Spokes) that advertises as cyclist friendly, so may wish to support someone in the sport.

I've got a couple weeks off now after IMSA, maybe I will go around and flick some samples around. We'd have to really scale up if we were to supply a cafe (ie; drop bulk $$ on a commercial roaster that neither of us have room or budget for), but it would work as a feature coffee here and there, and for specialty running stores obviously. Thanks for the heads up, should check out that cafe anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick review on the Guji. as said previously has a distinctive flavour which I particularly liked. it was my preference over the Bifdu. I have the Maria Rosa to start in the next few days.

As noted above also that the grid is slightly courser than others, took me most of the 250g bag to get the grind right for my taste; was so hard drinking all that great coffee.

As over the last 3 months; since moving back to Sydney, I have been trying lots of coffee to find the ideal one (probably 8 different ones, as buy from local roasters), the Guji would be my preferred to date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! It's quite unusual that someone is going to prefer a natural process coffee to washed coffees, they are generally lower in acidity and much fruitier. Not the easiest of tastes to acquire in coffee terms, but you've done well!

A moment in time from yesterday's roasts...

2uzypmx.jpg

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0