Cranky

Coffs Harbor Tri

Cranky    878

Firstly, I apologise for my absence. New class, new year level, lots to do.

Next, who's in for Coffs tri this weekend? It'd be great if I had a visor to run in! [emoji14]

I just picked up my pack! !

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gundy    96

Wife and I are both going around tomorrow.

Hoping that the weather stays like this.

• Like 2

Mjainoz    1,029

I'm not sure what the course is for this race. I did it in early 90's. Freakin train came through and the boom gates went down mid run. Lol.

Mjainoz    1,029

Have fun tomorrow cranky, which bike are you riding?

that piece of blue crap :).

Giant mistake. :)

clintred    76

I'm not sure what the course is for this race. I did it in early 90's. Freakin train came through and the boom gates went down mid run. Lol.

You have the pleasure of riding up over the train bridge now, it's a nice little pinch after 400m on the bike!

Enjoy it guys

• Like 1

oldschool69#2    124

The first tri I ever did was the kids tri at coffs .

The old man raced the next day and it was pissing down rain and the bike leg went up over that train line then as well 1988 by memory.

I thought I was so cool because he lent me his Repco traveler ! (Was just a little big) lol

Cat Lady    280

Congratulations on your podium finish cranky - nice speedy bike, for a giant ....

• Like 2

Mjainoz    1,029

The first tri I ever did was the kids tri at coffs .

The old man raced the next day and it was pissing down rain and the bike leg went up over that train line then as well 1988 by memory.

I thought I was so cool because he lent me his Repco traveler ! (Was just a little big) lol

think I did that one :)
  • Like 1

Gundy    96

Got home yesterday after a very enjoyable long weekend in Coffs.

I think that Coffs has one of the best OD courses going around. They made mention that they are trying to get the National Champs to be held there and I think it would be a perfect location.

Ideal conditions for the race this year.

-Swim was nice and calm in the Harbour. My Garmin measured it as 1400m? 26mins which I was very happy with as I'm a crap swimmer.

-Very little wind on the ride with a mostly good road surface made it a quick bike. A few undulations to keep it interesting. 1hr10min including transitions. Had one jerk who had been drafting pull out and block me as I was overtaking a line of 4 or 5 guys because he saw an official pulled up on the side of the road. Official got on his bike and came and gave me the warning!! Minor complaint in the big scheme of things.

-Run around the harbour was getting hot by the end. I was on track for 48mins which would have been awesome, but got some serious blister action happening from 6km and ended up just under 50mins.

Total of 2:26 which I'm pretty sure is a PB.

On the run I was perfectly placed to see the women's race unfolding. Eventual race winner started the run 6mins down in 3rd place but pulled out a 34:34 run to win by 11 seconds. Was pretty cool to see her sprinting past the race leader in the last 150m to take the win.

• Like 1

oldschool69#2    124

What a great spot to have the Aussie titles hope it gets there.

I would try and do it for sure .

Mjainoz if I new how to post photos I would put up a couple of crackers from that era.

• Like 1

Mjainoz    1,029

What a great spot to have the Aussie titles hope it gets there.

I would try and do it for sure .

Mjainoz if I new how to post photos I would put up a couple of crackers from that era.

that would be cool ;). I think I have the results from that race. Somewhere.

Agree. Be a great spot for a champs. Lots of accomodation. Some hills about. Great swim.