Horowitz

Huffington Post Lifestyle Blogger cuts Florida Half marathon course

Horowitz    27

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/huffington-post-lifestyle-blogger-brags-about-finishing-2nd-in-florida-half-marathon-part-time-marathon-investigation-blogger-proves-she-cheated-and-gets-her-dqed/

Summary: She cut the course and came second. Some guy who busts cheating runners as a hobby (Derek Murphy), sprung her and found out she rode the entire course that afternoon on a bicycle at 6:15/mile pace and then uploaded it onto Strava as 'proof' of her time.

• Like 1

trinube    1,030

she rode the entire course that afternoon on a bicycle at 6:15/mile pace and then uploaded it onto Strava as 'proof' of her time.

Clearly needs to work on her bike pace before tackling a half :lol:

FatPom    2,149

What I don't get is the statement she made.

It went something like 'I made a bad choice to cut the course, then made it worse by attempting to conceal it'. So a serial bad choice maker then.

It turns out she only fessed up when the evidence was presented to her. So it seems like another case 'I'm sorry I was caught'.

making a bad choice to cut a course is one bad choice but if you are wracked with guilt, then contact the RD and DQ yourself. Don't jump on your bike and try to conceal it just so you can be accepted into the Performance Squad of your local running club.

• Like 1

The Customer    1,277

I dun git it. Strava says what time you started the activity so how could she cover it up by getting on the bike and doing a second strava upload?

zed    738

She still would have run around 1:35 so why the effort? Would have been quite respectable.

More on ST, but basically her running club had an elite group (sub 1.25) that she wanted to join. How sad and vain.