longshot

Indian Pacific Wheel Race (IPWR)

310 posts in this topic

This sounds like a usual ride for me. 

IMG_2778.PNG

Sarah Hammond, the legend grows.

Would it be inapprorpiate to go and encourage her as she rides through The Docklands? I've asked another woman (Audaxer) to come with me so it isnt too weird :)

Actually, depending on what time they are going through Melbourne I'll go and encourage any/all of them that I see.

I went to see Cliff Young run into Doncaster, winning Melbourne to Sydney. History in the making. As was Mitch's 12 hour.

Edited by longshot
2 people like this

Why would it be inappropriate?  Unless you're going to ask her out on a date...  Go and cheer her on!

2 people like this

I very much doubt you will be the only supporter out there. By all accounts they are getting a big reception in Adelaide. Mind you, what else is there to do in Adelaide.

Kristof about to go through the 3000km mark. 

Sarah just got into Adelaide in 3rd place, with daylight 4th. I wonder how long she'll stay?

And another big night out on the Nullabor, with 9 riders camped at the SA/WA border, including Rupert, Cycling Mavic, Humungus Hugh, Caveman chris, Tracking Jack, Hardnox and others. I'd love to do the ride with a group like that.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Just watched the video of Sarah in Adelaide, what a super woman! I'm in awe.  She's pushing on to Murray Bridge tonight.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, -H- said:

Just watched the video of Sarah in Adelaide, what a super woman! I'm in awe.  She's pushing on to Murray Bridge tonight.

Yep

Sarah Hammond is catching the bloke in 2nd, who is catching the bloke in the lead.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, -H- said:

Sarah Hammond is catching the bloke in 2nd, who is catching the bloke in the lead.

I think I see some girl love happening here

I want to have her babies

1 person likes this

JJJ were doing updates today during the news. 

1 person likes this

Is anyone else having trouble with the tracker tonight?  I'm missing my fix

Tracker working for me, last update about 30-40 mins ago, relative gaps pretty much unchanged.

2 hours ago, -H- said:

She's been having a lot less breaks than the 2 guys in front over the last 2 days. Check the graph showing "Stopped Time". Could have an effect later, or it could be that the front 2 are tiring.

Stopped Time 1.JPG

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Just took a detailed look at the route from Melbourne to Canberra. Crickey there are some brutal roads ahead.

This thing is a long way from over.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Naut said:

Just took a detailed look at the route from Melbourne to Canberra. Crickey there are some brutal roads ahead.

Yep

ill be amazed if there is any more than 3 finish

7 hours ago, Naut said:

They should have come across here from Adelaide. Much flatter........ easy trip across the Hay plain.

Not sure if "easy" was what they were aiming for 

Pity the leaders hadn't done an extra 100km a day. Chuckie & I could have had a beer with them after IMM today. :)

Looks like they are staying away from the GP course, but would it have been an issue if they'd gone through Melbourne today?

1 person likes this

Looks like after holding 3rd for a little while, then a big break, then 24 hours stationary Sebastion Dunne is pulling the pin. His wife Beth should get to his location in about 5km. I'll bet they didn't expect to meet up again so soon.

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Looks like after holding 3rd for a little while, then a big break, then 24 hours stationary Sebastion Dunne is pulling the pin. His wife Beth should get to his location in about 5km. I'll bet they didn't expect to meet up again so soon.

does this mean Hs new found love  has moved to second?

Daven is complaining about chafing in the eye of his third leg. Saying he has had to put tape over it & he struggles to get it off every time he needs to pee lol

Kristof nearing Port Campbell, about 300km from Melbourne. Guess that means around 2am  if he keeps pushing on. Hall about 80km behind, and Hammond another 80km, about 3 hours for 80km at their current pace of around 25km/h, seems a headwind on BoM radar.

KA: 2am

MH:5am

SH: 8am

They'll probably stop in/before Geelong I guess

Edited by longshot

1 hour ago, ironpo said:

does this mean Hs new found love  has moved to second?

No, Sarah passed Seb quite a while ago so she's still in 3rd. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they hit the hills

10 hours ago, ironpo said:

Yep

ill be amazed if there is any more than 3 finish

They aren't triathletes. 

More than 3 will finish. 

Ill be you dinner next time I'm up your way. 

More than 5 will finish. 

1 person likes this