roxii

Ironcentury Update Thread

Wronggenes    127

Meanwhile Debi keeps ticking off the halfs. 40 in a row today.

The full may be done but still impressive to do 40 halfs in a row.

• Like 3

ironpo    2,737

Yeh.

But I want to know what she ate at the cafe (or wherever they get there food)

And how comfy her shoes are

And how the rubble bike just keeps rolling along

Etc etc etc

Turts    1,926

Yeh.

Etc etc etc

And is it a world record yet?

Wronggenes    127

Yeh.

Etc etc etc

I'm not on social media like Facebook so I don't suffer that sort of pain. You should try it!

Just check in on strava every now and again

ironpo    2,737

I'm not on social media like Facebook so I don't suffer that sort of pain. You should try it!

Just check in on strava every now and again

No mate

I haven't followed them at all

Not on strava either

I just got all my info from here

• Like 1

Flanman    1,090

They are just about to be on channel 7 on the "Daily Edition". It is 2.38 pm now.

FM

Flanman    1,090

He is starting again on Monday and trying to crack the world record of 41 consecutive IMs. She has Brocken the world record already for halves. She has currently no injiries. Both spoke quite humbly and said their pain and effort in the extreme weather is nothing compared to those that the Red Cross has to help.

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 3

ironpo    2,737

He is starting again on Monday and trying to crack the world record of 41 consecutive IMs. She has Brocken the world record already for halves. She has currently no injiries. Both spoke quite humbly and said their pain and effort in the extreme weather is nothing compared to those that the Red Cross has to help.

FM

Thanks for the update

That's all great and well done her

but correct me if I'm wrong

The half record can't be claimed because there hasn't been a Guinness world record official there on site

And also if that's the case how can JM claim a world record on the 41?

If you don't need a Guinness world record dude on site then why isn't Ironcowboy the record holder at 50 I'm in a row

rory-dognz    229

Thanks for the update

That's all great and well done her

but correct me if I'm wrong

The half record can't be claimed because there hasn't been a Guinness world record official there on site

And also if that's the case how can JM claim a world record on the 41?

If you don't need a Guinness world record dude on site then why isn't Ironcowboy the record holder at 50 I'm in a row

Iron Cowboy did 40 in a row, He did 9, then the elipical trainer for 1, then 40 in a row. (i could be completely wrong)

That was an amazing feat in itself

• Like 1

roxii    3,944

I could be wrong and haven't researched this but why are we getting hung up on "Guinness"

As far as I'm aware the guy in the blazer and clipboard from Guinness isn't at the Olympics or even at the Dunc Grey Velodrome this week when official world records have been set.

I don't think they were at Pinkboys ratified world record attempt either.

As far as I'm aware if you can fulfill the criteria of proof you can be awarded a world record and even a Guinness world record.

Some more here

http://m.wikihow.com/Apply-for-a-Guinness-World-Record

Nath.    297

Sorry but I don't think so....I don't know the times but 6-7hrs of excercise everyday is what millions of people in manual labour jobs do each day year in year out.

• Like 1

Nath.    297

Sorry but I don't think so....I don't know the times but 6-7hrs of excercise everyday is what millions of people in manual labour jobs do each day year in year out.

But I do think it is somewhat impressive to give up work and a comfortable life for 100 days to try and raise money for a charity....

Turts    1,926

From the blog for Day 40. The write ups are ......... creative..... ?

Day 40.

40 is the smallest number n with exactly 9 solutions to the equation φ(x) = n.

Since 402 + 1 = 1601 is prime, 40 is a Størmer number.

40 is a repdigit in base 3 (1111, i.e. 30 + 31 + 32 + 33) and a Harshad number in base 10.

Throughout the Torah and the Talmud, the number 40 represents transition or change; the concept of renewal; a new beginning.

In numerology, the number 40 resonates with pragmatism, hard work and determination. It can be thought of as a limitless 4 — the practical digit 4 followed by the unlimited digit 0. It’s dependable and patient, yet persistent. It’s methodical approach makes achievement of goals a step-by-step accomplishment. Number 4 also relates to our passion and drive in life. Number 0 carries the energies of eternity and infinity, wholeness, continuing cycles and flow, and the beginning point.

In the Bible, Jesus appeared for forty days after his resurrection from the dead. There were also 40 days of the flood, forty days that Moses and Elijah spent on the mountains, the 40 years of pilgrimage from the Israelites in the desert, and also the forty days Jesus spent on prayers and fasting before he started his public mission. Each 40 marking the deep preparation of the heart through the purging of the old and of obstacles in order to receive a new set of instructions and preparation for a new phase in life.

40 is also the number of consecutive half Ironmans Debi has now completed. And what better day is there to reach day 40 than on one of our favourite days of the year – International Women’s day? A powerful woman reaching a powerful number on a powerful day. For this, we thank you Debi.

Edited by The Turtle

surfer101    173

Yeah Im not excited about that blog post ... bit navel gazing ...however big pat on the to Debbi for sticking with it esp the 40 days or there abouts of crap weather

Edited by surfer101

Mjainoz    1,029

Day 40.

40 is a repdigit in base 3 (1111, i.e. 30 + 31 + 32 + 33) and a Harshad number in base 10.

Throughout the Torah and the Talmud, the number 40 represents transition or change; the concept of renewal; a new beginning.

In numerology, the number 40 resonates with pragmatism, hard work and determination. It can be thought of as a limitless 4 — the practical digit 4 followed by the unlimited digit 0. It’s dependable and patient, yet persistent. It’s methodical approach makes achievement of goals a step-by-step accomplishment. Number 4 also relates to our passion and drive in life. Number 0 carries the energies of eternity and infinity, wholeness, continuing cycles and flow, and the beginning point.

In the Bible, Jesus appeared for forty days after his resurrection from the dead. There were also 40 days of the flood, forty days that Moses and Elijah spent on the mountains, the 40 years of pilgrimage from the Israelites in the desert, and also the forty days Jesus spent on prayers and fasting before he started his public mission. Each 40 marking the deep preparation of the heart through the purging of the old and of obstacles in order to receive a new set of instructions and preparation for a new phase in life.

40 is also the number of consecutive half Ironmans Debi has now completed. And what better day is there to reach day 40 than on one of our favourite days of the year – International Women’s day? A powerful woman reaching a powerful number on a powerful day. For this, we thank you Debi.

This is what happens when a maths nerd opens Word instead of Excel. Frightening !!
  • Like 3

FatPom    2,149

Day 40.

My cat's name is Mittens!

• Like 1

IronmanFoz    624

Reading that last blog for day 40. My immediate reaction was - idiots!. Not the athlete but the writer.

But then again................one of the athletes still may very well be an idiot! ;)

but... good luck to him.

Andrew #1    812

Day 40.

What rubbish. Everybody knows that the answer to life, the universe, everything is 42!

• Like 3

ironpo    2,737

I could be wrong and haven't researched this but why are we getting hung up on "Guinness"

As far as I'm aware the guy in the blazer and clipboard from Guinness isn't at the Olympics or even at the Dunc Grey Velodrome this week when official world records have been set.

I don't think they were at Pinkboys ratified world record attempt either.

As far as I'm aware if you can fulfill the criteria of proof you can be awarded a world record and even a Guinness world record.

Some more here

http://m.wikihow.com/Apply-for-a-Guinness-World-Record

If that's the case I've got a whole list of world records I've done

I'm gunna start a new thread and it will be that good it should be pinned to the top of page one Trannies for eternity

roxii    3,944

If that's the case I've got a whole list of world records I've done

I'm gunna start a new thread and it will be that good it should be pinned to the top of page one Trannies for eternity

Did you read point 1 of the link??? Especially the last partt :lol: