goughy

Fenix 5

28 posts in this topic

Looks like it's still a few months away too.

For me, the only thing I'd really like are the extra golfing features....... these days looks like that's what I'd use the most anyway... And they look bloody dear, starting at $599US for the cheapest models.

Just as a comparison, on retail pricing only, as after a while they'll start to come down in price at the usual outlets.

the cheapest Fenix 5 is the small one at $599US

The Fenix 3HR is listed at $549US

Over there the Fenix 3HR is listed at $949AU

So looking at that, you'd have to think the F5 line will start at about 1k over here and go up from there! F me that's a lot of money.....

If it remotely works out of the box, it's gonna kick the Suunto Spartan to the curb!

Edited by goughy

Not a fan of the fenix 3 Hr. For example it's saying I have already burnt 719 calories today. Slept in, had breakfast & drove to work.

I do like the look of the watch & bluetooth is awesome. If I had my time again I would buy a normal Fenix 3 & save the cash.

Not a fan of the fenix 3 Hr. For example it's saying I have already burnt 719 calories today. Slept in, had breakfast & drove to work.

Yeah mate but you would have. That's your Base Metabolic Rate burn.

I can't remember mine but it's around 2000 +/- 100 calories. Yours would be a little less than that, lets say 1850 calories. Doing nothing but existing a normal everyday life your body will need that many calories to live.

By 9am you've lived for 9 hrs out of 24. So 9/24 times 1850 = 693 calories

1 person likes this

Someone tell me apart from thickness and a different band and a sapphire screen, what's the difference?

The 42mm model is smaller than the 47 and 52mm models ;)

The smaller 2 have lesser battery life, no mapping, no wifi. Lesser golfing features.

The biggest one is also thicker, to allow for more memory and battery. It has 12gb on board to allow for maps and golf courses. It offer turn by turn directions, poi's etc etc. The two bigger ones have a slightly bigger and higher resolution screen.

The smaller 2 have lesser battery life, no mapping, no wifi. Lesser golfing features.

The biggest one is also thicker, to allow for more memory and battery. It has 12gb on board to allow for maps and golf courses. It offer turn by turn directions, poi's etc etc. The two bigger ones have a slightly bigger and higher resolution screen.

I will get the bigger one then.

Yep, you want the best golfing features!!

They're certainly not mincing on the prices though!

Yep, you want the best golfing features!!

Â

You got your forums mixed up again mate.
1 person likes this

May have. Probably do a lot more golf than triathlon... :(

The biggest one is also thicker, to allow for more memory and battery. It has 12gb on board to allow for maps and golf courses. It offer turn by turn directions, poi's etc etc. The two bigger ones have a slightly bigger and higher resolution screen

The wifi is available on all sizes that have the sapphire screen

Each of these three editions is then split into basically two categories: Sapphire and non-sapphire. Except the 5X, which only has Sapphire. What’s most notable though is that the non-Sapphire editions do NOT have WiFi (kinda like Garmin Fenix Chronos). Whereas the Sapphire editions all have WiFi.

So the smaller F5s have less features than a bog standard F3?

If anyone is looking to buy an F5 I can probably help you out ;) shoot me a PM and/or an email as in my signature here....

Also look forward to a pretty smashing trannie discount when I finally get the website up to scratch in the coming couple of weeks.

2 people like this

If anyone is looking to buy an F5 I can probably help you out ;) shoot me a PM and/or an email as in my signature here....

Also look forward to a pretty smashing trannie discount when I finally get the website up to scratch in the coming couple of weeks.

Hmm....

Edit: I can get your $900 Fenix 3 from pushys for $679.

Edited by Tryline

Hmm....

Edit: I can get your $900 Fenix 3 from pushys for $679.

Hence my comment about the website... I've only been around a few weeks and there's only so many hours in the day. Generally if I get an email/call from a trannie or a mate I look after them... cool huh?

Garmin have some special pricing on the F3 at the moment too... but I don't have the time or patience for the website proper yet and will hopefully have it completed by the end of the month. In the meantime shoot me a PM, email, FB @Willie RunningScience, text message, phone call on O4O4 133 183 and try your luck.

Well I'm sure we may be able to work something out on a Fenix 5x then and make it all worthwhile!

:(

Well I'm sure we may be able to work something out on a Fenix 5x then and make it all worthwhile!

:(

I reckon I can sort it out for plenty of you :)

1 person likes this

Can someone confirm the size of the 5 with the mapping is the same size as the current 3hr?

Cheers

I really like the look of them, but they look massive!

Can someone confirm the size of the 5 with the mapping is the same size as the current 3hr?

Cheers

Height and width is the same, but it is ever so slightly fatter, probably for the extra memory and battery. This coming from garmin's site.

Height and width is the same, but it is ever so slightly fatter, probably for the extra memory and battery. This coming from garmin's site.

Jesus, fatter than a F3? Must be like wearing a car tyre on your wrist!

Â

Height and width is the same, but it is ever so slightly fatter, probably for the extra memory and battery. Â This coming from garmin's site.

Thanks!