Go Easy

2017 Goals - What are they?

109 posts in this topic

So this is Christmas and what have you done...
Another year over, and new one's just begun.

(John Lennon)

Ok, so what's your Goals, Dreams & Hopes for this coming year?

Triathlon related or life in general. I love hearing what others are aiming for, and find it inspirational.

Personally I'm struggling to find a sporting goal that I'm happy with so feel free to suggest some. Outside of sport I'm planning on continuing with my ongoing goal of being a better father and friend (still plenty of work to do there) and where possible I will endeavour to help others achieve their own goals.

So what is it that you want to achieve this year?

Edited by Go Easy

In order;

Spend as much quality time as possible with the kids (aged 8 and 6).

Travel internationally at least twice this year.

Get back into PB HIM shape. Consistency has been my big problem since moving to Dubai but I want to aim to do an hour of exercise per day as a minimum on average. However, goal 1 still comes first so I'll just try and do what I can and do what I enjoy.

1 person likes this

Life:

Spend more quality time with my son (15) and wife.

Finish the bloody pool landscaping (my wife would have this as number 1).

Get out of the rut I'm in at work. I just seem to have lost interest recently.

Sporting side:

750km swimming for the year, with at least 1 x 20km swim.

Pain free running by the end of the year, even if it's only a slow 5km twice a week.

Do a parkrun with my son.

1 person likes this

Triathlon related goals for this year.

Sub 17 5km run time.

Pb 70.3 at western sydney

1 person likes this

So this is Christmas and what have you done...

Another year over, and new one's just begun.

(John Lennon)

Ok, so what's your Goals, Dreams & Hopes for this coming year?

Â

Triathlon related or life in general. Â I love hearing what others are aiming for, and find it inspirational.

Â

Personally I'm struggling to find a sporting goal that I'm happy with so feel free to suggest some. Outside of sport I'm planning on continuing with my ongoing goal of being a better father and friend (still plenty of work to do there) and where possible I will endeavour to help others achieve their own goals.

Â

So what is it that you want to achieve this year?

How bout race to the bondi hotel?

Get my weight down to 75kg and do a pb at olympic distance.

Find some interest at work.

1 person likes this

Would also like weight consistently below 75kg. HIM's are the focus this year - just keep trying to improve. Work wise, second year of my own consulting gig (so far so good). Keep wife and kids happy and healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

3000 kms running.

I have a great work life balance now (Running Science) and have the time and energy to get things done. Only a 6min cycle to and from work.

If I take my October/November/December average I should probably up that a little and say 3,500. But life will ultimately get in the road every now and then so 3000km it is. About 9km ave per day.

The ultimate goal is running as close to 3hrs at Melbourne Mara as possible. Then it's into track season and I'm going to do a full season of 400/800 (naturally this is what I'm best at, it it'll be done of limited specific track training, more just for fun)

Edited by willie
2 people like this

How bout race to the bondi hotel?

You're on!

In fact for this years City to Surf what if we set a Trannies Goal of finishing your first beer at the Bondi Hotel before the gun goes off for the start of the last wave of runners. Doing the run yourself is optional, and you can start in any wave you want, but the goal is to finish your first cold one before the last group starts. We'll need a catchy name for it, and I might even be able to arrange a special memento for any Trannies who achieve that goal... Who's in?

Now that RBR's got me sorted with a race goal, I just need to set some training goals...

I reckon a fair goal for me would be to average the Ironman distance (3.8/180/42) in training each week for the full year. There will no doubt be times when I won't make the distance for the week, but I'll hopefully be able to make it up in other weeks. The swim shouldn't be too bad given it's only 3.8km on average each week, but achieving 180km per week on the bike will be tough as I don't really do much riding. The run should be easy, especially if I play it smart and try and get a few extra K's up early in case I get injured later, as I invariably do.

1 person likes this

Goal is to stop chasing pb's and enjoy training and racing without injury (pb as a bonus). Figure if that happens it's a good year.

2 people like this

I also read in another thread about someone having a goal of doing 150 Half Marathons in a year. That's crazy talk, but it got me thinking...

What about aiming at doing 100 days of running 21km in a year. They wouldn't have to be straight 21km runs as long as whatever runs you did that day totalled at least 21km... That's possible!

I've also got another goal, but I'm keeping this one to myself as it's one I've wanted to do for about 10 years and haven't even got close. Lets just say I'll aim at averaging a lap a day!

I'm aiming to run further than I swim this year

1 person likes this

Haha, but think about all the money you saved on running shoes this year!

Spent it all on physio instead!

2 people like this

No, but I'm running anyway

Take it easy then, and think of the long term, it's cruel but you may be beter off. I guess just trust your body, 'motion is lotion' and all that kind of stuff.

I also read in another thread about someone having a goal of doing 150 Half Marathons in a year. That's crazy talk, but it got me thinking...

Lets just say I'll aim at averaging a lap a day!

A lap of the lake?

A lap of the lake?

Bugger, I didn't think anyone would guess that... Yes, laps of the Lake.

It sounds easy, given that it's only 5.5km per lap, but when you consider the runs that I also do each week with 'Wagga Wagga Road Runners', the 'Dirty Crows Trail Runners', and the 'Pomingalarna Wednesday Night Stubby Appreciation Society' it all adds up to being a bucket load of running each week. Even though I enjoy running on my own, but there's no way that I'm giving up my group runs for it, I enjoy them too much.

You're on!

Â

In fact for this years City to Surf what if we set a Trannies Goal of finishing your first beer at the Bondi Hotel before the gun goes off for the start of the last wave of runners.  Doing the run yourself is optional, and you can start in any wave you want, but the goal is to finish your first cold one before the last group starts. We'll need a catchy name for it, and I might even be able to arrange a special memento for any Trannies who achieve that goal... Who's in?

In

Triathlon is to take a step back and focus on family life this year in an effort to find 'the balance'. Still have a few races booked but they will be off the back of consistent base work, nothing heavily structured.

I'm really enjoying getting back into surfing and even more so now that my eldest daughter is on a board.

If I can retain being fit, healthy and involve the fam then it's a win for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this

Ill just do what I can when I can.

Around the kids sports etc .

Race when I can on what ive done.

One thing I have booked for myself though 18 months ago was a belated 40th

So im off to Sumatra with the boys for 2 weeks , im pumped for it havent been for 2 years .

So my goal for this trip is to get the money shot and not get cut up!

2 people like this

Id be happy to ride it

Do my first 100 miler run. I've done a few 100km runs so I want to see if the mind and body are capable.

1 person likes this